SSI Is a Joke

I agree with Doug5...if someone has disabiling conditions especially with chronic pain or terminal illness and really cant work at all, why should they be punished by being forced into extreme poverty?
If the SSI administration could remove the waste, fraud, and abuse from the system, maybe they could afford to increase the monthly amounts for those who really deserve it.

That's why I'm ticked off about people who scam the system. It hurts the people who really need the help.

If the SSI administration could remove the waste, fraud, and abuse from the system, maybe they could afford to increase the monthly amounts for those who really deserve it.

That's why I'm ticked off about people who scam the system. It hurts the people who really need the help.

I couldn't agree more!

There is a simple solution to it but my ideas might seem too radical for some to even comphrend. So I'm not gonna bother.

After all our government likes to make everything as messy as it can and my clear cut idea is just too good for them.

Now about waste, I agree. There's a ton of wasting going on.
"Not enough for other people". Well is it my fault that I somehow managed to find my resources better than the next person? Its like darwinism and the crab theory all over again.
Bottom line is that there is waste due to so much resources being given out to the general public. They have the same access to what I had.

Now I would appreciate it if you shared a story with us all because there obviously is something that's bothering you due to people "abusing" the system. Did you get denied?

...Now I would appreciate it if you shared a story with us all because there obviously is something that's bothering you due to people "abusing" the system. Did you get denied?
I'm hearing and have no disabilities for which I would be eligible for SSI. I've never needed SSI, nor have I applied for it. None of my immediate family needs or applied for SSI.

I'm an interpreter, and in the course of my assignments I've met many deaf individuals who are eligible for SSI. They really need the help, and could use a lot more.

I can't share a specific "story" here because of confidentiality.

but it isn't extreme poverty. it's just enough to live with modesty. at least this person will have a roof on his/her head, food paid for, utility bills paid for.
Don't forget the medical needs for those who need it mostly.

There is a simple solution to it but my ideas might seem too radical for some to even comphrend. So I'm not gonna bother.

After all our government likes to make everything as messy as it can and my clear cut idea is just too good for them.

Now about waste, I agree. There's a ton of wasting going on.
"Not enough for other people". Well is it my fault that I somehow managed to find my resources better than the next person? Its like darwinism and the crab theory all over again.
Bottom line is that there is waste due to so much resources being given out to the general public. They have the same access to what I had.

Now I would appreciate it if you shared a story with us all because there obviously is something that's bothering you due to people "abusing" the system. Did you get denied?

What's your radical idea? I'm interested in hearing it.

Back