SSI Is a Joke

This thread is not about people cheating the system. Not everyone can work.

Why do you think old people retire. Its because people's health decline when they get older. They cant see, hear, or move around like they used to and it affects their ability to do their job.

THe government has numerous programs for single mothers who made bad decisions. Most disabled people were just dealt a bad hand. If they cant work why should they be forced into humiliating extreme poverty.

A lot of people say whatever, everybody can work but thats bullshit. Disabilities have an enourmous impact on ones earning power. Some can work, but they would probably be making more money if it wasnt for their disabilities.

Im sick of people looking down on the disabled as if they are lazy.
This is because 90% of the people who are "disabled" are lazy, and mooching off the system.
Like the Jesus was in the bar joke, a redneck didnt want jesus to heal him because he was drawing disability.

I was on the system before, and while I was on the system I looked for ways to abuse it. I was living *really* good at the time. Travelling everywhere every month. Visiting family members all over the USA, etc, no job!
Lovely, eh?

And from my pictures you can see I can really work if I wanted to.

okay - How about this example:
I know several blind people.

Two on SSDI - they get a whopping 1600 something a month. Another blind guy who has BA in social work or something like that works for IBM as tech support - he makes 90k a year.

These two on SSDI has cutting edge technology, rides their bikes all over Colorado, has everything to be "ahead" of all other blind people.
One of them has an IQ of 163.

Are these two cheating the system? Can they work? Sure they can work. But they decide to draw from the system....

Just saying.

would like more explanation on ".....programs for single mothers who made bad decisions"
and
"...community itself, like the Jewish people have demonstrated".

I guess I don't personally think that "90% of the people who are 'disabled' are lazy".

I also think there are a lot of bureaucratic loopholes and things in the "system" that perpetuate issues.

would like more explanation on ".....programs for single mothers who made bad decisions"
and
"...community itself, like the Jewish people have demonstrated".

I guess I don't personally think that "90% of the people who are 'disabled' are lazy".

I also think there are a lot of bureaucratic loopholes and things in the "system" that perpetuate issues.

Jewish people is a part of very strong collectivist community.
They will give eachother jobs, help, etc while their "family" is in need.

Deaf community needs to do the same.

One deaf guy i know worked in a high position in Union Pacific railroad - he constantly bitched about people on SSI.. I asked him if he took the initiative of getting some deaf people into Union Pacific the entire 35 years he worked there.. He never got anyone in.
Nice, bitching about an issue and doing nothing about it is very individualist.

okay - How about this example:
I know several blind people.

Two on SSDI - they get a whopping 1600 something a month. Another blind guy who has BA in social work or something like that works for IBM as tech support - he makes 90k a year.

These two on SSDI has cutting edge technology, rides their bikes all over Colorado, has everything to be "ahead" of all other blind people.
One of them has an IQ of 163.

Are these two cheating the system? Can they work? Sure they can work. But they decide to draw from the system....

Just saying.
Isn't there an income cutoff for eligibility?

all theyre giving me is $680 a month. How are all these people getting over grand a month? I call bs on it.

I am not talking about people who are just deaf. Im talking about people that have other problems along with being deaf.

And just because a disabled person can do a certain job doesnt mean they will get hired. A lot of companies dont want to bother with making "accomindations" no matter how small.

Blind people have higher limitations over any other people with disabilities.

You have to be creative is all I'm going to say.

why the big secret? or is all your saying a bunch of bullshit?

The reason is - I DON'T want people to abuse the system. If you have read all my posts carefully, I do NOT want to tell people how to do it.

The most primitive example I can say is ...

In some areas - you can get $690/mo SSI, and $300/mo for Food stamps. Total that up you have $990 a month to deal with, on top of free insurance. (Insurance is about $300-800 a month depending on how much you pay if you actually worked)
So that equates to $1290-1790/a month if you actually worked.

Soooo. use your brainpower to find other resources. There's PLENTY and its just sickening when I find them constantly. They're all out there.

Just for kicks, I got a state to provide me a 52 inches plasma tv that I gave away. So, no bullshitting here.

Isn't there an income cutoff for eligibility?

Yes. of course. But I was trying to display that the blind people as in whole can have very successful careers while they still choose to be on the system, and I butchered it. my apologies.

I was talking about three people, one being the "Testing Standard", a worker for IBM that makes 90k.

The other two draws SSDI, and are very capable of working in any field they desire.

Hope that clarifies.

To be honest, when I was towards the end of being on the system I actually thought about really pushing it and buying a BMW.

Then write a book about the experience and see how many pissed off people there are. But it wasn't worth it. What I have now is much better.

:ty: posts from hell, for clarifying the "Jewish" phrasing in one of your posts.
I do agree that there is generally large collective assistance in Jewish community, at least as far as I have seen where I am <and am Jewish>, which tends to stem from earlier needs to group together and make own help due to Anti-Semitism. I will say, though that there is also division in Jewish community which "outsiders" might not see; that is, as is anywhere there is racism; there other divisions.

I imagine that peoples' experiences w/SSI also affected by locality-

Yes. of course. But I was trying to display that the blind people as in whole can have very successful careers while they still choose to be on the system, and I butchered it. my apologies.

I was talking about three people, one being the "Testing Standard", a worker for IBM that makes 90k.

The other two draws SSDI, and are very capable of working in any field they desire.

Hope that clarifies.
:ty:

No I think the max is about $860-$890...I quit it two years ago in California...California and Florida have the highest .SSI. The lower is about 640 I think...depending on your situation...if you rent.
At 890 it's about same as minimum wage in calif. It's not meant to live well off of...it's called supplemental income.
Everytime ssi went up in california the prices for everything went up with it....landlors etc read it and boom. bs.
but there are medical and dental and eyewear benefits which add up.
just doesn't quite cut the mustard though.

I started getting SSI about 2 years ago. I was living in Missouri at the time and was getting $985. I am not in Florida and still get the same $985 per month. I am late deafened, but I also have neuropathy on the right side. I am totally numb from shoulder to ankle on the outer side of the body. It is totally unexplained. I fall quite frequently and have broken my chin numerous time just while in WalMart trying to push a shopping cart. I now have to use the motorized cart. Doen't help when I am picking up groceries for a family of 5. Due to my hubby working, we don't qualify for food stamps for medicaid. I will qualify for medicare in another 1-2 years due to my SSI. I'm not proud that I am getting it, but since I lost my paycheck of $500 a week, this $985 a month is better than nothing. I am unable to stand for more than 2-3 minutes at a time, and I can't sit for long periods of time. (Church is real fun!) I can't use a telephone. I stay at home taking care of my mother, mother-in-law and 2 teens. I home school my teens. My SSI covers the car payments we've had since before I lost my hearing and the vehicle and boat insurance each month. Hubby's paycheck barely covers the groceries, phone and gasoline each week. We live with mother-in-law, so the electric and water are her bills and the house is paid off.

I lost the job, due to a move from Central Missouri to Eastern Missouri.

Isn't that the idea? To pull yourself up by your bootstraps and show what your'e made of? To get off the suckling of the government teat?

That is exactly the idea. SSI is not intended to be a complete support program, but a supplemental assistance program that helps people in a time limited period to find a job, receive training, etc.

Back