Sprint - Blackberry

deafsqrrl

Reaction score
Went to the Sprint store and saw a beautiful, most updated Blackberry. They offered me $149 for it after rebates, but they do not know anything about their "special account" for the Deaf - $29.99 per month plan. Where can I find info on that? Thx.

As far as I know you can'[t get Sprint for $29.99. T-Mobile and Cingular are the ones with a $29.99 plan.

As far as I know you can'[t get Sprint for $29.99. T-Mobile and Cingular are the ones with a $29.99 plan.

You can now.

I just got it on Sprint ppc-6700 the other day with deaf plan for 29.99. My Sprint store didnt know about it and gave me a hard time until they call some sprint office and found out more about it then set me up.

There is a one time activation fee 36 dollar.

Bill

Now, that is a red flag... they want photocopy of your credit cards to fax/mail out to them. I wouldn't even do it for them, even if this mean no special discounts for me.

I'm sure if you asked that you didn't want to submit a photocopy, they'd just ask for the numbers as usual. Might want to ask if you really need to do the photocopying thing, I've had to do that with some organizations but Sprint's a big corporation and does billing over the internet.....

Got mine in the mail yesterday. By the way I didnt have to photocopy my credit card. HUH weird.

Hello, everyone:

Yesterday, I bought a BlackBerry 8700c from Cingular, and today I saw this thread....I sent Cingular.com's customer service an email enquiring about this special plan for the Deaf, and they wrote back saying that they knew nothing about it. I couldn't find it on cingular.com's website, either. Can anyone tell me more information about this plan? Many thanks in advance.

Cingular has a $29.99 plan for BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) service. It's not a deaf plan. Anybody can get it, except those on a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service). If you ask Cingular for their BIS price they should be able to find it for you.

Cingular has a $29.99 plan for BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) service. It's not a deaf plan. Anybody can get it, except those on a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service). If you ask Cingular for their BIS price they should be able to find it for you.

Thanks for the information! :) I guess that $29.99 plan no longer exists, or only exists in the DC area--it is $39.99 in the SF Bay Area.... :(

You can now.

I just got it on Sprint ppc-6700 the other day with deaf plan for 29.99. My Sprint store didnt know about it and gave me a hard time until they call some sprint office and found out more about it then set me up.

There is a one time activation fee 36 dollar.

Bill
What does that plan include?

What does that plan include?

I asked for Wireless Relay Data Plan on my ppc 6700 but on my Sprint account it shows

Sprint Blackberry Unlimited Pack
$29.99 Sprint Blackberry Unlimited Pack
Voice Usage Is $.20 Per Minute

So basically it's a Blackberry plan on a ppc 6700.

Sprint Store won't help you so you will need to need to contact Sprint Busniess Dept because the Wireless Relay Data is in busniess dept not in personal dept.

Bill

My understanding is that the PPC-6700 data-only plan is a special relay plan that can only be activated when purchased from Sprint Relay Sales. Going to any Sprint store wouldn't get you the discount/plan you're looking for.

I see few problems with the Wireless Relay Data plan but I don't know if if my phone setup or not, I will contact some Sprint folks and question them.

Voice calls are .20 cent a minute and people can call to your phone but it does not leave caller id numbers who called you.

I would need that so hearing people can call to my phone and I can look who is calling via caller id then call them using relay service.

I would never answer voice call avoiding .20 cent a minute but I would like the phone to keep record of whom is calling to my phone and idiots can be calling to phone vibrating them and we will have hard time figuring out why phone vibrating because no record of incoming caller id.

Other problem is roaming fee on that plan is .50 cent a minute and recently Sprint had an agreement with Verzion to allow data roaming and that would be bad if you leave your AIM running all the time then travel and roam onto Verzion tower so your AIM will stay up and running then it will start to cost you .50 cent a minute until your back on Sprint tower again.

You will never know that you roamed to another provider tower because phone does it automatically for you and hearing plans have *free* roaming which is no charges at all per minutes so that why hearing people don't worry about phone automatically jumping to other provider tower since it free for them.

We have to be careful and make sure we are not roaming to other tower like verzion now or disable roaming on phone.

Bill

When someone calls, who is in your address book, then their name will display. There is a call log feature that will keep track of recent calls. So it appears that it will work. You could always get an IP Relay number if you wanted and use IM to recieve it on the Blackberry. Just some ideas.

As for a voice plan which I just added to my bb cuz I do have a hearing son. It only cost me 29.99 per month for 200 minutes. I know we dont use much but it is worth it cuz I have use a voice plan when I was in the car accident a month ago and it help alot.

Back