Spam In Your Profile's Visitor Messages

Perhaps, it's all the images you have that makes them think you're a guy?

I've had it happen to me a few times. Someone would IM me out of the blue and ask to date me thinking I'm a "hot chick". What they don't know is that... I'm a guy! :roll:

Yes, I can see your point with my images. I am crazy about Tom Brady don't think there are guys out there who are nuts about him like me:giggle:

ROFL! at Oceanblue and Vampy....poor you!
I understand!
Geez, Oceanblue, you didnt have to change your avatar!
You could keep the football player and put a girl's face (maybe
yours?) over his? LOL! just a thought, haha.

Defee, it will not last very long bec once football season starts my Tom Brady will be back :) I couldn't wait :laugh2: That's a girlie avatar :)

Yes, I can see your point with my images. I am crazy about Tom Brady don't think there are guys out there who are nuts about him like me:giggle:

Defee, it will not last very long bec once football season starts my Tom Brady will be back :) I couldn't wait :laugh2: That's a girlie avatar :)

Ohhhh, thats a beautiful avatar, Oceanblue7!!..I understand your
devotion to Tom Brady, since you are a die hard fan! I was just
having fun with you, haha..bring back that Tom Brady avatar this
football season, no problem..its just some people who cant differentate
between male and female, ya know? haha..its their problem..heh.

Ohhhh, thats a beautiful avatar, Oceanblue7!!..I understand your
devotion to Tom Brady, since you are a die hard fan! I was just
having fun with you, haha..bring back that Tom Brady avatar this
football season, no problem..its just some people who cant differentate
between male and female, ya know? haha..its their problem..heh.

:ty::ty: I like it too all the handsome pics in one layout :)

I haven't had spam lately since I put my profile on private. It works great. :thumb:

how do yall set it to private.. remmy i dont come here as much as i used to do

1) As for visitor messages you can go in User CP, Settings and Options then edit option scroll down to find Visitor messaging.

Put a check on "Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators" this will stop spamming from new members and those who are not on your contacts/friends list.

This will explain how to set up your Visitor Messages on private. Casperman.

I got spam. hooray! And I prank the scammer thry chat conversation. :giggle: Although I enjoy it. :)

i don't see no spam on my VM nothing so far. yes, i did set it up private.

:bump:

I think it's time to bump this thread up because lately, again, we've been seeing an uncountable increase of Visitors Message reports that contains bunches of spammers in it.

This is just in case for some new members that are not aware of this.

For those that doesn't know how to do this - Please refer to the Original Post of this thread.

Lastly, The mod team still are very appreciative of you guys making these reports in order for us to ban those spammers/scammers. Keep 'em coming.

:)

Jolie, I have been deleting them didn't know about reporting them. I will report in the future.

Jolie, I have had no problems since last year because mine is set to private :D

I do it delete on scam, Thank you so much future report. I do it.

Last edited:
I get them once in a while. I look at my profile message.

Spam or not. If I do not know the person. I just simply delete them. I have one right now telling me how cute I am. I'm like WTF. and they left an Email address.

I don't know if it is a spam or not. I just simply brush them off. and Delete the message. Or not respond to them.

I do not report every aggravation I get on my Messages... due to I know better. Best thing to do is to DELETE!

Due to majority of the time. If you do not respond. That particular one does not bother you again.

If it would to be an ongoing situation.. Then I would report it to the mods.

I have my VM open and I got spam this morning :roll:

If it's a repost of something on the forum ie. someone doing a survey, I just delete.

If it's one of those "looking for a relationship" type, I just report them because chances are-- they are doing it to other peple too, and should be banned or deleted.

I haven't gotten any spams only girls thinking I am guy hitting up for a chat or aim sheesh! I am a lady :)

Ditto here. I got a female avatar but I guess they don't look at my avatar - just my SN. I just change my settings so I hope that is the end of the problem.

Back