Spam In Your Profile's Visitor Messages

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
As you know, There has been an increase of receiving these spams since the visitor's message feature was added. You guys have been a BIG help reporting these spams in order for us moderators to do our job to enforce this - but - however, there are some few things that is needed to bring to your attention.

I am noticing that members may have not realized they can delete their visitor's messages in their profile and thought us moderators are the only ones that can delete it for them. The thing is, You guys can delete it on your own profile.

1) As for visitor messages you can go in User CP, Settings and Options then edit option scroll down to find Visitor messaging.

Put a check on "Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators" this will stop spamming from new members and those who are not on your contacts/friends list.

2) If you don't want the limit usage of visitor's message on your profile, the next step would be to delete it. How do you delete it? It's simple. All you have to do is -
  • go to view conversation and check the white box
  • go to the bottom of the page and click "delete message" on the moderation area.
  • Click "GO"

Viola! Your unwanted visitor's message is deleted.

Lastly, If you are unsure how to work with this function - Ask away. The moderators/and or the admin will do our best to help you out. We would still like for you guys to continue to make reports on these spammers in order for us to be aware and to help AD become a better place to go to.

Any comments/feedbacks/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jolie! Didn't know I could screen my messages that way. I got one peice of spam the other day, but I deleted it. Problem solved, but it would be nice to not get them in the first place!

Yea, Jolie :) I haven't got any spams at all so far. I knew I could deleted message from visitors who left comments in my profile. I got it under control. :ty:

Thanks, Jolie! Didn't know I could screen my messages that way. I got one peice of spam the other day, but I deleted it. Problem solved, but it would be nice to not get them in the first place!

No problem - I agree, it'd be nice to not to get them in the first place.

Yea, Jolie :) I haven't got any spams at all so far. I knew I could deleted message from visitors who left comments in my profile. I got it under control. :ty:

That's fine. You're welcome. I was only bringing this to attention for some members who may have not realized that they can have the control or the ability to screen their messages in their profile. :)

Oh good...I got a couple of those annoying "I like your profile" (how can you tell anything abt my profile if there's hardly anything ON my profile?) spams.... Will change my settings! Ah, and I thought that the scammer plm had been resolved by the PM feature.

Oh thanks Jolie! :)

I got one. Gee, I thought wow! I have a secret admirer :D ... then reality set in - How can a guy be interested in an old girl like me! :D

Thanks Jolie...I have put a check on it now to only my contacts and mods to view the messages on my profile. :)

Originally Posted by Ozzie

I got one. Gee, I thought wow! I have a secret admirer ... then reality set in - How can a guy be interested in an old girl like me!

LOL Ozzie! Aren't you lucky!

Yea I have spotted a spammer on somebody's visitor message and reported it. Not long after that, it's gone. Good thing to have a report button there. :)

Yeah I was aware of that feature... I tried to delete one of the unwanted one (spam) on Friday, and it wouldn't allow me to until the next day I was allowed to.

Thanks, Jolie_77. :)

Thanks, Jolie! I did get a message from a non member, jeez.
I did delete it on my own and i guess it worked.
I didnt appreciate it since this person was not a member.

I didnt appreciate it since this person was not a member.
Non-members cannot leave comments on anyone's profile, they have to be a member of AD in order to do so.

Non-members cannot leave comments on anyone's profile, they have to be a member of AD in order to do so.

Yeah, i understand. This person is a member of AD but not an active
one and i dont even know this person! Is this a spam thing? if so, i
didnt even know that, geez.

Yeah, i understand. This person is a member of AD but not an active
one
and i dont even know this person! Is this a spam thing? if so, i
didnt even know that, geez.

Yea. I got one this morning too, and he hasn't made any posts yet.

jeez ugh wish have special block to anyone who is not members and members that don't post until after few posts or more posts to do so that is my opnion.

hope this thing to work out
i haven't got spam yet but will watch out and delete

Maybe it should be 100 post in order to leave a message on someone profile?

How do the spams do it? As soon as the visitor message section was created, were they alerted or something? I got one this am.

Aren't we all asking Alex too much at once? :) I don't believe I have been upgraded yet.

Back