Spam In Your Profile's Visitor Messages

Aren't we all asking Alex too much at once? :) I don't believe I have been upgraded yet.

Brian
he is owner of this site all he would to do the fixings when we let him know what going on then he will do whatever he can for this site. that why this thread is about so alex can read the posts easy way
with our opnions and etc...
i hope you understand :)

Maybe it should be 100 post in order to leave a message on someone profile?

That's a thought. There's just one thing - As you know, not all new members are spammers. The PM feature was already established for new members to get more than 100 posts but here I am thinking, How do we limit the visitor's message regarding to this? Don't we want the new members to feel welcome to this site? What if there's some sentimental value to an information that a new member (since they are unable to use the PM feature until otherwise) would want to share but is yet, faced with a roadblock of not being able to post on any of your visitor's message? I do think there is some limits needed to this but the question is - How will that work in order for it to be enforced? Only Alex can answer this.

How do the spams do it? As soon as the visitor message section was created, were they alerted or something? I got one this am.

That's a good question. Actually, I have no idea how that works but based on my guess, I'd say they use a random search that is computerized and sends the spams out regardless of who it is.

Aren't we all asking Alex too much at once? :) I don't believe I have been upgraded yet.

What do you mean you haven't been upgraded yet? I believe all members in AD has been upgraded to use the visitor's message feature.

I got one scammer on my visitors message but it was removed myself prompty.

It looks like Alex might have to come up with a plan to keep them out.

Yes, indeedy Pepsi Lover. I mean it was SO nice not to have sock puppet accounts scam you through PM.

There we are.........hopefully I won't get any more of those scammers.

lol...hope not by me ... i got a messenger by some lady and ask me many QQQQ about my life .... i keep told her ...i am married ... she keeping talking out of me ... after that blocked it ... i am not looking for new life or whatsever ...

I haven't gotten any spams only girls thinking I am guy hitting up for a chat or aim sheesh! I am a lady :)

lol! thats terrible, haha.
It could be your avatar..hehe, confusing them thinking
you are a guy, lol.

Yes, that's possible it says very clearly on my signature " I am an all year round Patriots gal" I guess I need to make that part Xlrg :giggle:

Yes, that's possible it says very clearly on my signature " I am an all year round Patriots gal" I guess I need to make that part Xlrg :giggle:

Yeah, maybe but sometimes its the picture they look at first
most of all, rather than read the words, people are funny..haha.
Its that football player (male) picture that makes them think
you are a male, LOL! ...you need something like a female tennis
player...:giggle: just kidding! I do love your avatar, though.

Yeah, maybe but sometimes its the picture they look at first
most of all, rather than read the words, people are funny..haha.
Its that football player (male) picture that makes them think
you are a male, LOL! ...you need something like a female tennis
player...:giggle: just kidding! I do love your avatar, though.

I got new avatar :giggle: it might not too last long bec I like Tom Brady :)

I haven't gotten any spams only girls thinking I am guy hitting up for a chat or aim sheesh! I am a lady :)
Perhaps, it's all the images you have that makes them think you're a guy?

I've had it happen to me a few times. Someone would IM me out of the blue and ask to date me thinking I'm a "hot chick". What they don't know is that... I'm a guy! :roll:

oooo i love your avatar smile OB7
yeah it is annoying when people comment in the profile to look like they are interested not care RME jeez

aww poor ya vampy as i said to OB7 it does annoying

Perhaps, it's all the images you have that makes them think you're a guy?

I've had it happen to me a few times. Someone would IM me out of the blue and ask to date me thinking I'm a "hot chick". What they don't know is that... I'm a guy! :roll:

:lol: ... Same with me. I wanted a name to represent Australia so picked out 'Ozzie' very quickly and unwisely. Didn't think it would be a problem to everyone. Might change the name to a female sounding one later.

ROFL! at Oceanblue and Vampy....poor you!
I understand!
Geez, Oceanblue, you didnt have to change your avatar!
You could keep the football player and put a girl's face (maybe
yours?) over his? LOL! just a thought, haha.

Back