South Carolina policeman charged with murder

Yes, that is very big local news here.

It's awful that it happened but so far, it's being handled much better than other places did.

Yes, that is very big local news here.

It's awful that it happened but so far, it's being handled much better than other places did.

I hope this keep people from have riots , how it that so far?

I think it will stay that way as long as outside agitators don't show up and make trouble.

I can't believe it! The cop was going to handcuff a guy he just shot in the back 4 or 5 times! Disgusting ! I hope that cop get life in jail!

Yeah let hope agitators do not show up and stir up trouble , it'll not be a pretty picture! People emotions are still raw and if riots break out this time it will be all HELL broke lose.

Wow, for a traffic stop....and in the back as he was running away......

In North Charleston, 62 of the 342 police officers are black.

Wow, for a traffic stop....and in the back as he was running away......
He was running away because the cop found there was a warrant out for him for failure to pay child support, so he was going to arrest him.

However, that was no excuse for the cop to shoot him in the back for running. Totally uncalled for.

I'm so glad that justice is actually being served! It's about time a COP got what he deserved.

I can't believe it! The cop was going to handcuff a guy he just shot in the back 4 or 5 times! Disgusting ! I hope that cop get life in jail!

Yeah let hope agitators do not show up and stir up trouble , it'll not be a pretty picture! People emotions are still raw and if riots break out this time it will be all HELL broke lose.

After the police officer shot and killed him, he put the handcuffs on Mr. Scott. That is really why it is uncalled for to do that.

I do hope that the police officer deserve to go to jail or prison for 30 years to life imprisonment. Only I hope the court would not indict him to go free. Just have to find out what his future is going be. Oh, I hate cops covering up his mess or trail. He does not have any feeling for people's lives, no matter what diversity they are. :(

If there had been no video - the Officer would have gotten away with it.

Mandatory body cams period.

If there had been no video - the Officer would have gotten away with it.
Not necessarily. There was at least one witness, and they had forensics and autopsy results pending. The video showed up very early during the investigation, so we'll never know what it would have been otherwise.

Mandatory body cams period.
They've been working on getting them for a while.

Body cameras for Charleston area police

Last edited:
should also be charged for tampering with crime scene and false statement.

Back