sound and fury update

Just makes me wonder if some people think we are that stupid?

He said he "wonders" not "know" ...

Ok, well what would give him that impression? The impression I got was that she had/has plenty of opportunities to be social on a regular basis. So she would not have a "lack of socialization."

I think that was exactly Jiro's point. She can socialize. However, she's busy -- she's achieving what she wants to do. She may choose not to socialize, because she's that busy. She may have her priorities and focus elsewhere. It was another poster that got on Jiro's case.

I think that was exactly Jiro's point. She can socialize. However, she's busy -- she's achieving what she wants to do. She may choose not to socialize, because she's that busy. She may have her priorities and focus elsewhere. It was another poster that got on Jiro's case.

Huh?

Wirelessly posted (droid)

What makes you think she's not gifted? Being gifted is not an IQ score. If she can achieve a lot, chances are she's gifted. Why can't a deaf kid be gifted? I don't think it's fair to say someone is an overachiever just because she's deaf.

Young people are still developing an identity. You don't know what choices she will make later in life. I was one of the kids that got labeled as being different and I turned out fine. Even reproduced.

I think what Jiro says fits more with me. I overachieve to be noticed. Hope Mum finally love me. Accept me. Never happen but have lots of education because of it. :giggle:

Another bad hearie day on forum. What is *SO* hard to understand what Jiro say?

If child spend hours studying and team sports there is not much time for social life. She captain 3 teams. Lot of responsibility and extra time commitment. She is good student so that mean lots more time commitment. When would she ever have time to socialize?

Do deafies have different definition of 'socialize' than hearies?:hmm:

Ok, well what would give him that impression? The impression I got was that she had/has plenty of opportunities to be social on a regular basis. So she would not have a "lack of socialization."

Best to ask Jiro that. My cousin has a very high IQ and was an overachiever. He never socialized with us whenever we all got together. He prefered to tinker around on the computers.

Another bad hearie day on forum. What is *SO* hard to understand what Jiro say?

If child spend hours studying and team sports there is not much time for social life. She captain 3 teams. Lot of responsibility and extra time commitment. She is good student so that mean lots more time commitment. When would she ever have time to socialize?

Do deafies have different definition of 'socialize' than hearies?:hmm:

You said it perfect!!!

Best to ask Jiro that. My cousin has a very high IQ and was an overachiever. He never socialized with us whenever we all got together. He prefered to tinker around on the computers.

I kind of was...

Wirelessly posted (droid)

My policy is schoolwork 1st then one extra activity w/ reasonable time demands. My kids like downtime and prefer to be on the computer. Other kids are different. It's an individual thing.

People have different time-management skills. Someone who is captain of three sports teams is socializing plenty - you don't get to be captain without good leadership and social skills.

Some people (a-hem, looking in mirror here) waste a lot of time on-line. Some people don't. We all have 24 hours in the day; some people use those hours more productively than others.

People have different time-management skills. Someone who is captain of three sports teams is socializing plenty - you don't get to be captain without good leadership and social skills.

Some people (a-hem, looking in mirror here) waste a lot of time on-line. Some people don't. We all have 24 hours in the day; some people use those hours more productively than others.

um... don't be naive. and don't be so flowery. I find it funny that only hearie people in here are getting all defensive about Heather.

I came from "blue ribbon" high school... that means a huge portion of us went to either Ivy League schools or private prestigious schools. I know all kinds. I'm friend with all kinds.

Over time, it is in my experience and keen observation that an overachiever type typically has a deep insecurity issue that drives them to be successful. Now - I know a thing or two especially about a deaf overachiever. Their underlying issue is usually having to try to prove themselves to hearing people and their parents. Do you know why I know a thing or two about deaf overachiever?

You're talking to one :) ...... hence my question - "I wonder.........."

um... don't be naive. and don't be so flowery. I find it funny that only hearie people in here are getting all defensive about Heather.

I came from "blue ribbon" high school... that means a huge portion of us went to either Ivy League schools or private prestigious schools. I know all kinds. I'm friend with all kinds.

Over time, it is in my experience and keen observation that an overachiever type typically has a deep insecurity issue that drives them to be successful. Now - I know a thing or two especially about a deaf overachiever. Their underlying issue is usually having to try to prove themselves to hearing people and their parents. Do you know why I know a thing or two about deaf overachiever?

You're talking to one :) ...... hence my question - "I wonder.........."

Ok. It all makes sense now.

Back