Sorenson VP200

sorenson vrs refuse other provider vrs want add LOGO in screen saver!!!

Dennis said:
With businesses like Sorenson, if it's not spelled out in the press release, DO NOT ASSUME. That is what they want you to do -- jump to conclusions and leave them alone assuming that everything will be the way you want it to be.

There is no mention of the VP-200 on this press release. Do not assume that the VP-200 will have the same "openness" to other VRS providers.

In record that FCC told Sorenson to letting any Sorenson user connect their prefer to use VRS. Meanwhile they agreed on July 1, 2006. It doesn't matter what is it and like this stuff. FCC didn't apply only VP-100, FCC is refer about Sorenson's system that need release the block other VRS list.

xentra said:

Sorenson product might not allow that same idea with I2eye didn't put the logo into the screen saver. What the different that HOVRS and Sorenson VRS create their software to made better program and affect better while CSDVRS or SprintVRS doesn't do anything but just program web application on website. Where the more benefit from those issue.

If I own Sorenson and I probably not let logo put on Screen Saver into the product. It is because that Sorenson is a product and design this. What else do you expect this? :squint:

xentra said:

Sorenson product might not allow that same idea with I2eye didn't put the logo into the screen saver. What the different that HOVRS and Sorenson VRS create their software to made better program and affect better while CSDVRS or SprintVRS doesn't do anything but just program web application on website. Where the more benefit from those issue.

If I own Sorenson and I probably not let logo put on Screen Saver into the product. It is because that Sorenson is a product and design this. What else do you expect this? :squint:

qwerty123 said:
Wondering what Sorenson VP 200 looks like? Attached are couple files and they are self explanatory.

Basically, it will not replace the S VP100 because it is OEM (original equipment manufacturer) product. Compare this with your Sidekick without the programming and you can’t use your SK, just a piece of hardware junk with no software. The same thing applies with VP200. It is geared toward large company such as Microsoft, Ford or even Walmart. Customized programming is done by either the buyer or Sorenson.

So, why not all VRS providers get together and develop a better product using VP200 with all of the bells and whistles? Why not develop much better firmware. No more crummy Dlink DVC1000 with lack of features or web cams. And all VRS providers can distribute the VP200 to their consumers. Hello HOVRS, Sprint, CSD, MCI, Hamiltion??? If you re one of them and reading this, give it a serious thought.

This will solve all of the problems especially with the recent FCC petition.

My opinion - all of non-Sorenson VRS providers especially the Coalition (CCASDHH comprising only 8 agency directors) are basically certified crybabies since they bugged off S VP100 when S approached to most of them. They could have asked S to make some modifications.. So Sorenson went ahead with their first call center in Utah and blossomed big time when the FCC/NECA reimbursement was $14/min.

I welcome your comments and feedback. Remember, I already donned on my flameproof suit.
i tried to read it but the print dont clear and , can you made copy and it need a little big bigger font so everyone can read it ok. thanks. no one know when it will be coming new vp200.

ideafspy said:
In record that FCC told Sorenson to letting any Sorenson user connect their prefer to use VRS. Meanwhile they agreed on July 1, 2006. It doesn't matter what is it and like this stuff. FCC didn't apply only VP-100, FCC is refer about Sorenson's system that need release the block other VRS list.

What record? There was never anything from the FCC saying that Sorenson had to do anything about opening up their system. That's why people are 100% suspicious of this -- it sounds more like a marketing ploy, and I'm interested in knowing what the catch will be. They'll announce that later, I bet.

Dennis said:
With businesses like Sorenson, if it's not spelled out in the press release, DO NOT ASSUME. That is what they want you to do -- jump to conclusions and leave them alone assuming that everything will be the way you want it to be.

There is no mention of the VP-200 on this press release. Do not assume that the VP-200 will have the same "openness" to other VRS providers.

not according to the filing shown below...

TRS Comments, CG Docket No. 03-123 2/22/2006 - The following comments are available in response to the Commission’s November 30, 2005 NPRM regarding access to emergency services for Internet Relay and Video Relay Services (VRS).Hamilton Relay believes that legitimate provider costs involved in implementing any emergency call handling registration system should be reimbursable from the TRS Fund.

http://www.neca.org/wawatch/wwpdf/022306_10.pdf

Dennis said:
What record? There was never anything from the FCC saying that Sorenson had to do anything about opening up their system. That's why people are 100% suspicious of this -- it sounds more like a marketing ploy, and I'm interested in knowing what the catch will be. They'll announce that later, I bet.

why you suspicious? you no trust soreson :type:

FCC need not to make rules, soreson and any vrs provders can do anything that not spelled out in fcc regulation look from other side NECA reimbursment rate could go down and knock out the little providers and create pure monopoly what about the wait time? wait time will improve. opening up to other providers is smart move

Clear!

ideafspy said:

Please reread Sorenson Press Release again! FCC does not tell Sorenson to let any Sorenson user connect their prefer to use VRS. Sorenson MADE the decision to let any Sorenson user connect their prefer to use VRS.

It is 1st grade level and easy to read! Not FCC. It's Sorenson decison to make!

ideafspy said:

Here Sorenson press release:

http://www.sorenson.com/press/press...67&PHPSESSID=f9125d5fe794b7909790a8d374c0e59f

Reread it and you will not see FCC at all! Sorenson listened and made the decision for their best interested!

ideafspy said:

Yeah exactly!
But btw inside videophone chipset say own by Sorenson Media not Sorenson VRS!!! What the point Sorenson VRS.
That other provide VRS want add his logo in dlink videophone, but sorenson vrs refuse!!

maybe they provide vrs will add new logo after Sorenson Communications to Allow Users to Call Interpreters of Other Video Relay Service Providers this summer!

sorenson media and sorenson vrs is SAME company.

You will whine if the screensaver goes like "Sorenson Media", so why bother?

NightwarriorJin said:

screeen saver say sorensonvrs

Attachments

• MissedCallNbrs.JPG
    MissedCallNbrs.JPG
    6 KB · Views: 47
qwerty123 said:
screeen saver say sorensonvrs

Wow. I never thought of that Screen Saver said "1 missing call" what a neat concept!

I have seen on my computers.. but VP?

NightwarriorJin said:

Yeah bother!!! u didnt attention!!!

I got a email about what VP-200 looked alike so dunno if this is true or not but here it is anyway... Btw the VP-200 remote is on the right and the VP-100 is on the left

Attachments

• VP200.jpg
    VP200.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 16
  • VP200 remote.jpg
    VP200 remote.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 14
nozobo said:
I got a email about what VP-200 looked alike so dunno if this is true or not but here it is anyway... Btw the VP-200 remote is on the right and the VP-100 is on the left
Please see guyapi's post above regarding the vp200 sneak peek photos. Yes it is true. and also see qwerty's post about sorenson's official announcement of vp200 in beta and more info in summer 2006. I wonder if you did read them before saying "dunno if true"

Back