Sorenson VP200

sequoias said:
I believe the Sorenson VP200 is a "upgrade" over the old VP100 to fix the hardware bugs it had in the VP100. It's just like a software update thing.

I hope the new VP200 has a lil keyboard to input names, I hate putting in names with the remote control. Maybe they can add data save call list instead of inputting all over again with a new VP, if the old one broke.

I doubt it... It is not a update thing. Maybe, It will be a different equipment or hardware. You can not get a hardware update via download. If just a software update, then it would be a different version number. So VP 200 sounds like a hardware "version" and it would be like VP 200 version 1.0. Right now on VP 100, I think the version is 1.6 something like that.

Hope it helps.

ideafspy said:
How is such so greedy?

Sorenson wont let DVC1000 firmware for extra features Like Vp100!
But i hear coming soon new upgrade firmware dvc1000 only add: ( MISSING CALL...)

Btw that sorenson :deal: with Dlink!

Well, Business is Business,

Why cant Dell have AMD in its line up before? Intel is doing :deal: with companies. Microsoft is :deal: with companies. So what's new.

NightwarriorJin said:
Well, Business is Business,

Why cant Dell have AMD in its line up before? Intel is doing :deal: with companies. Microsoft is :deal: with companies. So what's new.

I am not surprised...
BTW I noticed that Sorenson think first money than deafs!!! cause money is money!!!
I m from canada and i did test call sorenson vrs for need call to usa they said refuse and call to canada they said refuse too wow GREEEDY!! and now Sorenson want promonte to canada http://sorensonvrs.com/canada/
see that sorenson think money frist than deaf!!!! :wtf:

I tested call CSDVRS wow they accept call to USA only!!! that great for me save bill 711.. I thanks alots from CSDVRS than Sorenson !!!!

xentra said:
I am not surprised...
BTW I noticed that Sorenson think first money than deafs!!! cause money is money!!!
I m from canada and i did test call sorenson vrs for need call to usa they said refuse and call to canada they said refuse too wow GREEEDY!! and now Sorenson want promonte to canada http://sorensonvrs.com/canada/
see that sorenson think money frist than deaf!!!! :wtf:

Speaking of devil, they decided to let the user use other VRS provider enforcing July 1, 2006. Happy?

vp 200...not bad.

I LOVEEE VP 200!! I am one of those beta testers. It is much better than vp 100!! It s really effective than vp 100!!

NightwarriorJin said:
Speaking of devil, they decided to let the user use other VRS provider enforcing July 1, 2006. Happy?

Oh pauvre!! Yes i m happy for them who live USA!! That good and better for téch in World future!!! :)

release: 2-20-2006 / Sorenson Communications to Allow Users to Call Interpreters of Other Video Relay Service Providers

qwerty123 said:
qwerty I am not member on deafbase so I read your replies there... you asked for better picture and picture of vp-200 I wondered if you did read the bottom part of the first post by guyapi which said
Note: Photo does not represent the quality of the video. It’s the slow shutter speed on camera that made the picture blurry. But I got to tell you, the video quality from what I saw has improved, especially the lightings. It handles the lighting better and that may mean no more “dark video” calls in some room where lights are not enough. I will attempt to obtain a better photo, additionally, the VP-200 model itself!
See the last sentence! and see the top part of his post that he said "obtained" and you have to remember that Sorenson Media the maker of VP-100/200 and their VRS is based in Utah.

Guys.. save all your talks or high hope..

I cant name that person.. that person who works for sorenson.. admits that new vp200.... all that talks will not HAPPEN.. now or soon.. it might be couple or more years LATER..

( :dunno: ) since sorenson have been trouble with few things lately.. like some of you said.. business -- business..

just want to let you know.. dont hold on hope.. :cool:

NightwarriorJin said:

I am suprised about this happening and what cause it happen...

qwerty123 said:
you call any VRS providers from your vp100 starting Jul 1

can ya read the press release?

Are you talking about VP100 with VP200 beta version or Bewitched with new VP200?

I do not think that it does probably works for VP200 connecting to any non-Sorenson VRS?

Bewitched, can you test your VP200 to any VRS (not Sorenson VRS)?

Mookie said:
Are you talking about VP100 with VP200 beta version or Bewitched with new VP200?

I do not think that it does probably works for VP200 connecting to any non-Sorenson VRS?

Ok, I can try.

Mookie said:

when sorenson say any vrs provider, it not say vp 100 or 200 in the press relase but its safe to assumption that both vp work anyway. why limit to one vp?

problem you need wait until july 1 test out so you cant try it now

qwerty123 said:
when sorenson say any vrs provider, it not say vp 100 or 200 in the press relase but its safe to assumption that both vp work anyway. why limit to one vp?

problem you need wait until july 1 test out so you cant try it now

With businesses like Sorenson, if it's not spelled out in the press release, DO NOT ASSUME. That is what they want you to do -- jump to conclusions and leave them alone assuming that everything will be the way you want it to be.

There is no mention of the VP-200 on this press release. Do not assume that the VP-200 will have the same "openness" to other VRS providers.

Back