Sorenson VP200

qwerty123

Reaction score
Wondering what Sorenson VP 200 looks like? Attached are couple files and they are self explanatory.

Basically, it will not replace the S VP100 because it is OEM (original equipment manufacturer) product. Compare this with your Sidekick without the programming and you can’t use your SK, just a piece of hardware junk with no software. The same thing applies with VP200. It is geared toward large company such as Microsoft, Ford or even Walmart. Customized programming is done by either the buyer or Sorenson.

So, why not all VRS providers get together and develop a better product using VP200 with all of the bells and whistles? Why not develop much better firmware. No more crummy Dlink DVC1000 with lack of features or web cams. And all VRS providers can distribute the VP200 to their consumers. Hello HOVRS, Sprint, CSD, MCI, Hamiltion??? If you re one of them and reading this, give it a serious thought.

This will solve all of the problems especially with the recent FCC petition.

My opinion - all of non-Sorenson VRS providers especially the Coalition (CCASDHH comprising only 8 agency directors) are basically certified crybabies since they bugged off S VP100 when S approached to most of them. They could have asked S to make some modifications.. So Sorenson went ahead with their first call center in Utah and blossomed big time when the FCC/NECA reimbursement was $14/min.

I welcome your comments and feedback. Remember, I already donned on my flameproof suit.

Attachments

• vp200front.jpg
    vp200front.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 355
  • vp200fronttext.gif
    vp200fronttext.gif
    87.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
that would be nice.. when I read the OEM print out.. "Linux OS" oh yeah, I wanna play with the developer kit! :)

NW

qwerty123 said:
Wondering what Sorenson VP 200 looks like? Attached are couple files and they are self explanatory.

So, when's the release date for anyone to buy or acquire this? They've been promising it since early 2004. Still no announced date from them, no updated news, which means that they're still stringing everyone along with the promise of a newer, better product that doesn't exist.

qwerty123 said:
Basically, it will not replace the S VP100 because it is OEM (original equipment manufacturer) product.

Well, if you put it that way, the D-Link DVC-1000 and -1100 are also OEM equipment that can be customized for large orders.

Many people I know are waiting for the VP-200 because they believe it will have wireless capabilities where the VP-100 doesn't. We still have no information from Sorenson whether it will or won't have the ability to use wireless.

qwerty123 said:
So, why not all VRS providers get together and develop a better product using VP200 with all of the bells and whistles? Why not develop much better firmware. No more crummy Dlink DVC1000 with lack of features or web cams. And all VRS providers can distribute the VP200 to their consumers. Hello HOVRS, Sprint, CSD, MCI, Hamiltion??? If you re one of them and reading this, give it a serious thought.

So, who said that Sorenson approached CSD/HOVRS/etc first? The lawsuit filed by HOVRS clearly states that HOVRS came up with the idea first.

In addition to that, why are you clearly supporting Sorenson when it's entirely possible that the companies you've listed above DID approach Sorenson to help with development and Sorenson turned them down? Did it ever occur to you that the other providers are using DVC-1000's because Sorenson turned them down? Or that an agreement couldn't be reached that would be satisfactory to all parties? Perhaps Sorenson demanded everyone's firstborn son in exchange for a pittance.

qwerty123 said:
My opinion - all of non-Sorenson VRS providers especially the Coalition (CCASDHH comprising only 8 agency directors) are basically certified crybabies since they bugged off S VP100 when S approached to most of them.

It's so nice that you think so little of those other agencies that HAVE approached Sorenson and were told to bugger off.

qwerty123 said:
My opinion - all of non-Sorenson VRS providers especially the Coalition (CCASDHH comprising only 8 agency directors) are basically certified crybabies since they bugged off S VP100 when S approached to most of them. They could have asked S to make some modifications.. So Sorenson went ahead with their first call center in Utah and blossomed big time when the FCC/NECA reimbursement was $14/min.

I support CCASDHH in this petition and Sorenson the way they are does not belong in California at all. Sorenson doenst have forums so they dont have any means of comsumer input either. If youre gonna do business with the diverse deaf communities in California, youre going to have to be open to their feedback, embrace diversity, and stop sending money to deaf organizations that have corrupted themselves like the USADSF and CISS. And the $5 million to Gally is a total waste because Gally has the lowest job placement rates for their graduates. Sorenson needs to wake up and start shaking the right hands.

The 8 California deaf leaders of their respective state funded agencies are not crybabies, NEITHER AM I, we all know what is best for our communities and Sorenson needs to start listening to us if they want to stay in California.

Richard Roehm
http://www.deafadvocacy.com/fcc030405.pdf

Last edited:
qwerty123, i think this VP-200 look very good :thumb:

Nesmuth said:
I support CCASDHH in this petition and Sorenson the way they are does not belong in California at all. Sorenson doenst have forums so they dont have any means of comsumer input either. If youre gonna do business with the diverse deaf communities in California, youre going to have to be open to their feedback, embrace diversity, and stop sending money to deaf organizations that have corrupted themselves like the USADSF and CISS. And the $5 million to Gally is a total waste because Gally has the lowest job placement rates for their graduates. Sorenson needs to wake up and start shaking the right hands.

The 8 California deaf leaders of their respective state funded agencies are not crybabies, NEITHER AM I, we all know what is best for our communities and Sorenson needs to start listening to us if they want to stay in California.

Richard Roehm
http://www.deafadvocacy.com/fcc030405.pdf

Didnt your agency applied for state funds in the past? Then why there are two deaf service agencies in Orange County?

qwerty123 said:
Didnt your agency applied for state funds in the past? Then why there are two deaf service agencies in Orange County?

One serves the deaf communities and the other one doesnt. So the clients come to us after visiting the inept agency.

Yes we submitted our RFP's to the ODA and ODA is full of GLAD cronies and is worthless to count on for funding unless youre part of the GLAD system.

And today we just got another $10,000 grant! I'm soooooo excited!

Richard

Nesmuth said:
One serves the deaf communities and the other one doesnt. So the clients come to us after visiting the inept agency.

Yes we submitted our RFP's to the ODA and ODA is full of GLAD cronies and is worthless to count on for funding unless youre part of the GLAD system.

Richard

What is ODA?

qwerty123 said:
What is ODA?

See, Richard never explain enough. ODA stands for Office of Deaf Access, a subsidary of California Department of Social Service where they give our funds to deaf agencies in California.

Nesmuth said:

Richard

You ll burn the $10,000 for what? $10,000 is peanuts.

Vp200

Wonder when VP 200 is available. The cable modem I have is too slow for VP-100. I was told VP-200 would work better with what I have. But I have no idea when it will be available. Can you tell me about this? many thanks.
qwerty123 said:

Basically, it will not replace the S VP100 because it is OEM (original equipment manufacturer) product. Compare this with your Sidekick without the programming and you can’t use your SK, just a piece of hardware junk with no software. The same thing applies with VP200. It is geared toward large company such as Microsoft, Ford or even Walmart. Customized programming is done by either the buyer or Sorenson.

This will solve all of the problems especially with the recent FCC petition.

I welcome your comments and feedback. Remember, I already donned on my flameproof suit.

CRussell said:
Wonder when VP 200 is available. The cable modem I have is too slow for VP-100. I was told VP-200 would work better with what I have. But I have no idea when it will be available. Can you tell me about this? many thanks.

The VP-200 videophone doesn't exist. It's a pipe dream created by Sorenson to make everyone drool in anticipation with promises of the best video technology in the universe. They've been promising it for the past two years, and it hasn't seen the light of day.

Dennis said:
The VP-200 videophone doesn't exist. It's a pipe dream created by Sorenson to make everyone drool in anticipation with promises of the best video technology in the universe. They've been promising it for the past two years, and it hasn't seen the light of day.

There's gotta be an upgrade some day. Someone will deploy new and improved videophones. I wonder what all the VRS companies will ask us to do with the current VPs? Take them back and scrap them or let us give them to our unqualified friends and family?

Steve

NightwarriorJin said:
It exists. IT is just in testing period right now. See press release like:

http://www.presentations.com/presentations/icopyright_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000476468
http://focus.ti.com/docs/pr/pressrelease.jhtml?prelId=sc04011
http://www.sorensonmedia.com/press/press_release_full.php?pr_id=55

It is like saying Longhorn doesnt exists because MS keep pushing it, but it does exists.

EDIT: yay! 100st post!

All press releases that you cited state that the release would be in 2Q 2004 or 3Q 2004. It's now 2Q 2005. There have been no updated press releases since that time to change the public release date.

In your example of Microsoft's Longhorn operating system, Microsoft has continued to update their release dates and has made no secret that the OS exists with previews and demos.

Your example would be better served if you tried to say the Duke Nukem Forever videogame exists. But then again, I still do question if that game exists as it has been in development for almost a decade!

So, why is there so much interest in the VP-200? Because everyone thinks it'll be the greatest video thing on earth, AND SORENSON HAS TO GIVE IT AWAY FREE! "I'm deaf, you owe it to me!" They say nothing about any plans to give it away to their deaf audience like they have with their VP-100.

Got the news that sorenson will probably release VP200 after the FCC ruling on petition on interoperability videophones if its favorable to sorenson.

qwerty123 said:
Got the news that sorenson will probably release VP200 after the FCC ruling on petition on interoperability videophones if its favorable to sorenson.

If it's just an OEM product (as you have asserted here in this thread) they wouldn't need to wait, would they?

More Delay, then Better VP

I rather wait for the best VP that I am sure everyone on the earth will demand it. :thumb:

it would be nice if they offer LCD instead regular TV that cause eyes loss. :(

I believe the Sorenson VP200 is a "upgrade" over the old VP100 to fix the hardware bugs it had in the VP100. It's just like a software update thing.

I hope the new VP200 has a lil keyboard to input names, I hate putting in names with the remote control. Maybe they can add data save call list instead of inputting all over again with a new VP, if the old one broke.

Back