Sorenson Communications files for bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but in the eyes of law, single evidence they apply new law to EVERYBODY. That is where the problem is.

Same idea, here in New York, some people cheat with DMV by showing proof of insurance coverage, then later dropped off. So forcing new law that insurance companies are required to report, and force every registration pay fee to prove insurance every time. I never let insurance lapse, but I STILL have to pay to prove.

John Yeh was so dumb enough to leave trail of evidence and all are documented… BAM! FCC have reason to believe that there are potential fraud in VRS industry regardless legitimate or not thus hurting honest business.

Not all VRS companies are dirty business.

Thats your opinion. I was inside and I was never asked to cheat and was told if I cheat, I get screwed. Sorenson is too straight ass with policy and they are really really anal about policy and that is what I love about them. I heard tons of stories and tell you this, only few of them is true and the rest is just hogwash.

Don't forget those who never got inside have no clue exact what is going on.

Right, and he's naturally biased, isn't he? :lol:

Chapter 11 bankruptcy is just a reorganization bankruptcy for business. It does not mean that they will get away from debts. It is pretty much like going to credit counselor for personal with plan to pay off the debt, sometimes debts can be forgiven or interest rate decrease.

Because of new FCC ruling, making it impossible to manage budget that they used to be, if not for FCC ruling, they won't get in bk.

If the bankruptcy court will reject their request, they will stuck to pay full balance. What you think this?

Yes, used to be, I don't mind work for them again after my next surgery. Based on my employment experience… I had to say Sorenson is my best employer I ever had. No other employer could beat Sorenson.

Did you ever worked for a VRS?

That is where the problem is, remember there is ruling in FCC that treats EVERY calls to be confidential making it difficult to prove whether calls are legit or not. I am not sure how FCC can ensure that fraud won't happen again.

If it were not for E mail (Truly hard evidence in court) created by John Yeh, we may not have to deal with like this.

That is why he is in Federal Prison right now, and is serving his sentence.

Do you have any better idea to make FCC to change the way they look at VRS in positive way, not like they are being too careful of VRS because of what John Yeh did with FCC?

Bad decision? HOW? Do you expect business have that magic globe that predicts future? Do you believe they were on unlimited budget? You were funny! If that is so true, me and other co workers would have gone on cruise on expense of Sorenson! Too bad Sorenson refused, cause they know they don't have unlimited budget and can't afford. That was 8 years ago, long before John Yeh's incident.

no. the epicenter of this screw-up is lack of accountability and greed. now that there's an increased oversight.... Sorenson's suffering from it. They must be cheating a bit as well.... and making a series of bad business decisions because they were operating on "unlimited budget" mindset

Thats your opinion. I was inside and I was never asked to cheat and was told if I cheat, I get screwed. Sorenson is too straight ass with policy and they are really really anal about policy and that is what I love about them. I heard tons of stories and tell you this, only few of them is true and the rest is just hogwash.

Tell me where I said you or Sorenson did anything wrong? Basically, what I was conveying is a desire for the deaf to run the lion's share of the VRS market because it is OUR language and we will hire hearing people as needed......etc, etc...

Your desire has been met with Sorenson, don't you realize that Sorenson has the largest Deaf employees than other VRS providers? Check out CAAGVRS, you can call them and see for yourself and we can talk.

I would think differently if Sorenson didn't hire Deaf and have majority of hearing people in positions where Deaf could perform. This is not the case with Sorenson. Why do you think Sorenson was the best employer I ever had? It is not about money, not even any one of these fringe benefit. Sorenson provided me one benefit that I couldn't find elsewhere… 100% Deaf environment! Image every of your co-worker is Deaf, Image your supervisor is Deaf, Image your manager is also Deaf, EVEN senior manager is Deaf.. Over there, there is another department having same thing, How many trainers are hearing? (Excluding CaptionCall customers) I have only met very few, maybe 2 or 3 in the entire United states out of hundred trainers.
For almost 6 years, I forgot how to use paper and pen with co-workers, even up to "big boss". If I had issues with co worker, at other companies, I will have hard time challenge or filing complaint against others because most hearing people don't give damn about Deaf, Sorenson? Oh my! I feel like 100% functionality equivalent employee down there… Where can I find like this elsewhere?

Tell me where I said you or Sorenson did anything wrong? Basically, what I was conveying is a desire for the deaf to run the lion's share of the VRS market because it is OUR language and we will hire hearing people as needed......etc, etc...

Bad decision? HOW? Do you expect business have that magic globe that predicts future? Do you believe they were on unlimited budget? You were funny! If that is so true, me and other co workers would have gone on cruise on expense of Sorenson! Too bad Sorenson refused, cause they know they don't have unlimited budget and can't afford. That was 8 years ago, long before John Yeh's incident.

you missed the point. completely and wholefully.

Did you ever worked for a VRS?

Most Sorenson staff are part-timers. No benefits.

FCC compensations=TRS fund.

did you miss this post, DHB?

Your desire has been met with Sorenson, don't you realize that Sorenson has the largest Deaf employees than other VRS providers? Check out CAAGVRS, you can call them and see for yourself and we can talk.

I would think differently if Sorenson didn't hire Deaf and have majority of hearing people in positions where Deaf could perform. This is not the case with Sorenson. Why do you think Sorenson was the best employer I ever had? It is not about money, not even any one of these fringe benefit. Sorenson provided me one benefit that I couldn't find elsewhere… 100% Deaf environment! Image every of your co-worker is Deaf, Image your supervisor is Deaf, Image your manager is also Deaf, EVEN senior manager is Deaf.. Over there, there is another department having same thing, How many trainers are hearing? (Excluding CaptionCall customers)
For almost 6 years, I forgot how to use paper and pen with co-workers. If I had issues with co worker, at other companies, I will have hard time challenge or filing complaint against others because most hearing people don't give damn about Deaf, Sorenson? Oh my! I feel like 100% functionality equivalent employee down there… Where can I find like this elsewhere?
Convo. or my work.

I would think differently if Sorenson didn't hire Deaf and have majority of hearing people in positions where Deaf could perform. This is not the case with Sorenson. Why do you think Sorenson was the best employer I ever had? It is not about money, not even any one of these fringe benefit. Sorenson provided me one benefit that I couldn't find elsewhere… 100% Deaf environment! Image every of your co-worker is Deaf, Image your supervisor is Deaf, Image your manager is also Deaf, EVEN senior manager is Deaf.. Over there, there is another department having same thing, How many trainers are hearing? (Excluding CaptionCall customers) I have only met very few, maybe 2 or 3 in the entire United states out of hundred trainers.
For almost 6 years, I forgot how to use paper and pen with co-workers, even up to "big boss". If I had issues with co worker, at other companies, I will have hard time challenge or filing complaint against others because most hearing people don't give damn about Deaf, Sorenson? Oh my! I feel like 100% functionality equivalent employee down there… Where can I find like this elsewhere?

You are joking, right?

are you still... "inside"?

Is Convo as big as Sorenson? That is what I am referring to.

Think about this, Convo is very small, meaning higher chances of dealing with hearing co-worker.

I got nothing against Convo, please remember I have nobody that I am against, the only thing I am against is John Yeh! Why? Because he is Deaf for Christ sake! He, himself is what making us Deaf community look bad, thus making Relay operators look bad too. That is because John Yeh proved FCC that they can be cheated by Deaf person, even though FCC knows numbers of hearing people that cheats. Damage done already, and we will never go back.

Finally, please understand that Sorenson is the ONE that started VRS industry in the United States, if it were not for Sorenson we probably won't be seeing VRS after all because not many people out there have deep pocket that helps us getting VRS industry.

Convo. or my work.

Does Sorenson filing for bankruptcy affect funding at Gally for anything?

Ask the bankruptcy judge!

Nobody knows the answer right now. S just submit form to declare bankruptcy so more information later will.

Does Sorenson filing for bankruptcy affect funding at Gally for anything?

And VRS users like us will suffer, thanks to John Yeh!

Sorenson already warned, and the warnings have been ignored.

John Yeh only accelerated what would have happened anyways. TRS fund was paying out way to much and at some point a balance or reduction would have happened.

Sorenson has been living outside of its means and ability to pay its bills for a long time now. Any company that doesn't keep a proper balance sheet will fail in the long run. If you take in less than out spend, you will fail. Taking out a loan delayed the inevitable and now the price has to be paid. Sorenson will file chapter 11, restructure their finance and move on from there. A friend of mine from Sorenson claimed they wouldn't lay off employees and continue to open new call centers. I seriously doubt that. There will be layoffs and there will be trimmings. If they can't get their spending under control, they will fail in the end.

Will this kill the VRS industry? Not likely at all. There have been several competitors out in the market vying for attention and users. Convo, Purple, and ZVRS are the major alternatives. Should Sorenson fail in the future, many of these competitors would pick up the slack and grow as a result. There might be a year or two of pain as those competitors adjust to the new users, but the marketplace for VRS is still very healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back