Sorenson Communications files for bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't leave Viable VRS out! They are Deaf owned and operated, what happened?

ViableVRS = Deaf owned, Deaf operated Scam artist

How does that sound to Deaf community?

Convo = deaf-owned. deaf-run.

how am I doing?

Don't leave Viable VRS out! They are Deaf owned and operated, what happened?

ViableVRS = Deaf owned, Deaf operated Scam artist

How does that sound to Deaf community?

so you're saying you don't trust deaf people to own and operate a company? oh wow....

time for me to back off :io:

Wrong! I never said I don't trust Deaf people. What I am saying that the whole shit is making Deaf community look bad to hearing people. Don't you read that I hate John Yeh with passion! I wish he never start VRS so we won't have such embarrassment and hurt Convo chances of success. Meaning, if Convo have to file bankruptcy, Convo may not stand chance of survival. We need to keep Hearing owned VRS to keep Convo survival.

so you're saying you don't trust deaf people to own and operate a company? oh wow....

time for me to back off :io:

If your that sad, I can send you Kleenexes. They wont be from a DEAF OWNED Walgreen's, but they will get the job done.

When I worked at Sorenson, I gave constructive feedback. If that trumps me into the 'pulling the wool over my eyes' corner, so be it. But I am still waiting for you to tell me if your PC or Apple is MADE IN THE USA ? Ooops. That's right you cant.

my nifty coin wallet is made by a deaf business owner in California.
my previous company contracted with a technical service made by a deaf business owner in California. (I set up the deal)
my cool necklace is made by a deaf business owner in NY.
my VRS service is made and operated by a deaf business owner in Colorado.
my pillow is made by a deaf business owner in Ohio.
Convo's graphic design was made by a deaf business owner (my good friend) in Toronto.

and so on...

Gfy!

Guess this one is just for yourself. For me, it is for ALL Deaf community.

my nifty coin wallet is made by a deaf business owner in california.
My previous company contracted with a technical service made by a deaf business owner in california. (i set up the deal)
convo's graphic design was made by a deaf business owner (my good friend) in toronto.
My cool necklace is made by a deaf business owner in ny.
My vrs service is made and operated by a deaf business owner in colorado.
My pillow is made by a deaf business owner in ohio.

And so on...

my nifty coin wallet is made by a deaf business owner in California.
my previous company contracted with a technical service made by a deaf business owner in California. (I set up the deal)
my cool necklace is made by a deaf business owner in NY.
my VRS service is made and operated by a deaf business owner in Colorado.
my pillow is made by a deaf business owner in Ohio.
Convo's graphic design was made by a deaf business owner (my good friend) in Toronto.

and so on...

The coins that you put in your nifty coin wallet, are produced by Hearing Mint people.
Your cool necklace parts, definetely not made by deaf people.
Your VRS service, platform is manufactured by AWESOME hearing technical providers.
Your pillow, washed in a HEARING manufactured washing machine.
Convo's graphics, designed with HEARING made software.

As you can see, it is very easy to play the TIT for TAT game with you.

I still agree with diehardbiker, and not once has he said that hearing are better than deaf.

Wrong! I never said I don't trust Deaf people. What I am saying that the whole shit is making Deaf community look bad to hearing people. Don't you read that I hate John Yeh with passion! I wish he never start VRS so we won't have such embarrassment and hurt Convo chances of success. Meaning, if Convo have to file bankruptcy, Convo may not stand chance of survival. We need to keep Hearing owned VRS to keep Convo survival.

The coins that you put in your nifty coin wallet, are produced by Hearing Mint people.
Your cool necklace parts, definetely not made by deaf people.
Your VRS service, platform is manufactured by AWESOME hearing technical providers.
Your pillow, washed in a HEARING manufactured washing machine.
Convo's graphics, designed with HEARING made software.

As you can see, it is very easy to play the TIT for TAT game with you.

I still agree with diehardbiker, and not once has he said that hearing are better than deaf.

thank you for demonstrating what Sorenson is like. you boys are awesome product of Sorenson. butt-pat each other while you're at it.

thank you for demonstrating what Sorenson is like. you boys are awesome product of Sorenson. butt-pat each other while you're at it.

Come on Jiro, you can do better than this ! Or can't you ?

We should thank Sorenson for being thoughtful about our needs, even though they are hearing people originally. They provide free VPs/VRS service to deaf communities since it first started. If they haven't invented it, we would not have VPs and VRS service right now. I think that's what DHB tried to say.

Yes, we need forget about discriminating hearing people. I believe both Deaf and Hearing people should have equal opportunity. If we show attitude toward Hearing people that we demand Deaf owned, it is showing that we think it is ok to discriminate Hearing but not Deaf.

The whole perspective I have between hearing people and deaf people owning a VRS business should be treated equally, because VRS is about connection between Deaf and hearing people.

Here is the truth, I bet you ass that other Deaf technical support agents and Deaf customer service agents would tell you that often when hearing people, especially from business PREFERS talk with Hearing employee not Deaf employee! I think it has to do with trust, and they generally think Deaf person can't handle cases. If we have discriminate hearing people and not allowing hearing people work as front end, VRS company will be struggling.

It is great to have Convo as Deaf owned, but still we need hearing owner, for one reason… public relations showing Hearing people that Deaf can do same thing but hear. As we know who John Yeh is, he had done damages the reputation of Deaf people and we have to fix it, we can't afford ignoring hearing people. So in order to fix that problem, we need to change attitude and quit demanding that we get Deaf owners and let business takes its own course.

Bottom line, Sorenson is not going out of business, they have to make changes, including decrease quality of service is possible.

I was very disappointed that FCC wanted Sorenson close TEP (Tele-Education Program), thinking it is waste of money. Also thinks it was Sorenson's intention to rack up the minutes. The truth is there is large number of Deaf people have no clue how VRS works, have no clue what they can do. Generally they think they are limited and can't use VRS much and afraid they will be charge for, and so on. Yes, I heard from customers directly too many times while work for Sorenson for almost 6 years.

Also, Sorenson used to have Interpreter training program which trains new VRS interpreter, that program was closed due to command from FCC. Now we are seeing increase difficulty in finding decent and high quality Interpreters.

I could go on list more, but the point is, what new VRS reform is going is going to hurt Deaf community, not VRS providers.

So, if nothing is done to prevent decline in quality of VRS though out VRS industry, please please don't come to me and ask me why I have not warn anyone sooner… Your be warned!

We should thank Sorenson for being thoughtful about our needs, even though they are hearing people originally. They provide free VPs/VRS service to deaf communities since it first started. If they haven't invented it, we would not have VPs and VRS service right now. I think that's what DHB tried to say.

free? nobody does it for free.

more like they saw a gold mine and they took it. now they got spanked and the regulation tightened up.

Yes, we need forget about discriminating hearing people. I believe both Deaf and Hearing people should have equal opportunity. If we show attitude toward Hearing people that we demand Deaf owned, it is showing that we think it is ok to discriminate Hearing but not Deaf.

The whole perspective I have between hearing people and deaf people owning a VRS business should be treated equally, because VRS is about connection between Deaf and hearing people.

Here is the truth, I bet you ass that other Deaf technical support agents and Deaf customer service agents would tell you that often when hearing people, especially from business PREFERS talk with Hearing employee not Deaf employee! I think it has to do with trust, and they generally think Deaf person can't handle cases. If we have discriminate hearing people and not allowing hearing people work as front end, VRS company will be struggling.

It is great to have Convo as Deaf owned, but still we need hearing owner, for one reason… public relations showing Hearing people that Deaf can do same thing but hear. As we know who John Yeh is, he had done damages the reputation of Deaf people and we have to fix it, we can't afford ignoring hearing people. So in order to fix that problem, we need to change attitude and quit demanding that we get Deaf owners and let business takes its own course.

Bottom line, Sorenson is not going out of business, they have to make changes, including decrease quality of service is possible.

I was very disappointed that FCC wanted Sorenson close TEP (Tele-Education Program), thinking it is waste of money. Also thinks it was Sorenson's intention to rack up the minutes. The truth is there is large number of Deaf people have no clue how VRS works, have no clue what they can do. Generally they think they are limited and can't use VRS much and afraid they will be charge for, and so on. Yes, I heard from customers directly too many times while work for Sorenson for almost 6 years.

Also, Sorenson used to have Interpreter training program which trains new VRS interpreter, that program was closed due to command from FCC. Now we are seeing increase difficulty in finding decent and high quality Interpreters.

I could go on list more, but the point is, what new VRS reform is going is going to hurt Deaf community, not VRS providers.

So, if nothing is done to prevent decline in quality of VRS though out VRS industry, please please don't come to me and ask me why I have not warn anyone sooner… Your be warned!

that is a very sad mindset. very sad.

the way you see it - you depend on hearing people for your well-being. I don't.

the way I see it - it is great that Convo is founded by a deaf person. and now he can do whatever he wants... he can hire hearing people to work for him, not the other way around. yes Convo is a small pea compared to Sorenson but that is still a great start.

free? nobody does it for free.

more like they saw a gold mine and they took it. now they got spanked and the regulation tightened up.
Yes, we (ASLers only) get a free VP and use a free VRS service. We don't pay for them, taxpayers do. Anyway back to the point, do you think we would have VPs and VRS if there is no Sorenson involved at the beginning? I don't think so.

the way I see it - it is great that Convo is founded by a deaf person. and now he can do whatever he wants... he can hire hearing people to work for him, not the other way around. yes Convo is a small pea compared to Sorenson but that is still a great start.
So what? Convo is a good competitor but did it invent VP and VRS service for deaf communities at the beginning? No, Sorenson did. Don't you appreciate it?

Wait! No, Sorenson didn't invented anything, EXCEPT video codec. They just started a VRS business because they got money upfront with lines of investors willing to take risk. Sorenson helped expanded the availability of VRS, if it were not for Sorenson then we might never see full scale VRS industry. Because Sorenson were able to come up with video CODEC, they were able to decrease the internet speed to 256K, have you wondering how come Sorenson VP got the best video quality and that is what Deaf customers demand, top and crystal clear video. Also, Sorenson had one Deaf person in their family, most don't know about this, and that is how Sorenson got interested in VRS, they wanted to see their Deaf relative able to communicate though phone using ASL as well.

Ed Bosson, a co-founder of Convo is the one who got the idea of VRS going, dated back in late 90's and he was working with Texas governor in attempt set up statewide VRS, but because of lack support, lack of technology available and lack of funds he was not able to do so. His idea of VRS was great, he has too many obstacles, one is Video compression, without video compression, no home based ISP has enough speed to support the demand of non-video codec.

Punish Sorenson just because the owner is hearing? Hmmm that does not sound justifiable.

So what? Convo is a good competitor but did it invent VP and VRS service for deaf communities at the beginning? No, Sorenson did. Don't you appreciate it?

That part is kinda true, there were three competitors behind Sorenson and none of three competitors were able to secure investors money to begin with and that is why they were not able to start up.

Yes, we (ASLers only) get a free VP and use a free VRS service. We don't pay for them, taxpayers do. Anyway back to the point, do you think we would have VPs and VRS if there is no Sorenson involved at the beginning? I don't think so.

He has been retired since last year, and so?

No, I don't set mindset to hearing people. My mind is BOTH as equal, Deaf or Hearing period. And have you listen to his comment on Feb 22, 2014? He is very disturbed about new VRS reform and is very worried that it will wipe out VRS industry in matter of few years. Can it happen? You can BET your ass on it. Investors are now scared and is trying to pack and run, once that happens, no new product, no new development, no nothing. That is HIS comment. And in the light of Sorenson's bankruptcy, it is showing that VRS is no longer a viable and attractive investing products for investors.

If your that sad, I can send you Kleenexes. They wont be from a DEAF OWNED Walgreen's, but they will get the job done.

When I worked at Sorenson, I gave constructive feedback. If that trumps me into the 'pulling the wool over my eyes' corner, so be it. But I am still waiting for you to tell me if your PC or Apple is MADE IN THE USA ? Ooops. That's right you cant.

Apple "Made in the USA" Mac Pro Launched | TIME.com

Another.

Apple Moving Some Manufacturing to U.S. - HotHardware

:giggle:

He is the "Father of VRS", Co-founder of Convo relay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TrzGgxLWx4E

Hello Folks

As you can see I have been enjoying my retirement after being absent from Edsalert for so long.

However, I have been increasingly concerned about the new VRS Reforms that the FCC is undertaking. Several reforms already are happening, and more reforms to be implemented.
So I felt Congress folks need to be aware of problematic issues with VRS Reforms. So I have decided to write a letter to Congress.

I have included a letter to Honorable Tom Harkins as an example of my concern. I already send to two Texas Senators as well as the Chairs of committees that have oversight over the FCC funding. I also send letter to the members of these committees that are from Texas.

What is in the letter?

Basically it starts off by explaining what VRS is and how beneficial the service is for deaf/hh of all different walks. Brief explanation of how VRS started.

The core of the letter is about how damaging VRS Reforms are and how it can impact the quality of lives of deaf/hh as well as how it can cause loss of jobs for many deaf/hh who are already employed by VRS providers.

If the quality of overall VRS deteriorate, many deaf/hh who depend on VRS for their works or businesses may suffer as result. The letter ends with a plea for politicians to make the right decision to ensure that the VRS industry remain viable and continue to provide quality services.

If the VRS Reforms are not stopped, I fear that quality of VRS providers will deteriorate not unlike the IP Relay industry did.

Number of IP Relay providers have closed their services because the FCC did not take into consideration of the cost and lively competition that IP Relay industry had for a while.

Same thing can happen to VRS industry if the VRS Reforms are implemented to the fullest.

The letter is 6 pages long. I have attached a list of two committees here. You can check to see if your state is on one of the representatives. If not, you can always send to your two state Senators.

You can either use the letter as is or modify letter to fit your concerns and send as your own.

I strongly encourage you to let your state Senators and the committee representatives know of your concerns.

eyes open & thumbs up

PS: Note my video is little off. Sorry about that…will try to figure it out for the next video clip.

He has been retired since last year, and so?
yes he sold it to a very wealthy businessman with a very strong business background. Convo's expanding to NYC.

No, I don't set mindset to hearing people. My mind is BOTH as equal, Deaf or Hearing period. And have you listen to his comment on Feb 22, 2014? He is very disturbed about new VRS reform and is very worried that it will wipe out VRS industry in matter of few years. Can it happen? You can BET your ass on it. Investors are now scared and is trying to pack and run, once that happens, no new product, no new development, no nothing. That is HIS comment. And in the light of Sorenson's bankruptcy, it is showing that VRS is no longer a viable and attractive investing products for investors.
yes I see that he was very concerned and I'm sure he is sad to see that many deafies are not showing much support to his cause and instead.... support whoever is the biggest player out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back