Son of God

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it odd that God can't do anything himself. They say God can do anything. Yet, God has his servants do His work for Him. Seriously, if God wanted to make me a believer... He should simply appear and talk to me himself. It's like his angels are his slaves. That's a no-no... :nono:

Yeah, I find odd, too.

If God want to make Mary a baby then he should tell her himself, not send his angels to inform her. *scratch my head* Reality is every women would not like if their husbands/partners get their best friends or parents to tell them for their husbands/partners to inform them for want a baby. :roll:

I beleive that Jesus is son of Mary & Joseph, period because they all are human. I feel that Mary & Joseph find excuse together to say that it's God's child to aviod death punishment from Hebrew's law.

Many people beleive Jesus is God, Son of God, God's son or whatever because he save many people with his miracle hands.

That's why I beleive in reality.

Yeah, I find odd, too.

If God want to make Mary a baby then he should tell her himself, not send his angels to inform her. *scratch my head* Reality is every women would not like if their husbands/partners get their best friends or parents to tell them for their husbands/partners to inform them for want a baby. :roll:
God does things His way because He is God. His wisdom and foreknowledge are waaaaay beyond our tiny brains' capacity to understand.

If you read Mary's response you would know that she had no problem with getting the news from an angel. Therefor, not "every" woman is the same, and God's message wasn't for "every" woman, so that's not even relevant. God's angels are not "best friends" or "parents", so there is no way to make that comparison.

I beleive that Jesus is son of Mary & Joseph, period because they all are human. I feel that Mary & Joseph find excuse together to say that it's God's child to aviod death punishment from Hebrew's law.
You will "believe" and "feel" whatever you want because that's what you want to do. That's your decision to reject the Word of God. It doesn't change anything that happened but it will change your destiny. :(

God can do anything He wants. He wants to do things in certain ways for His own reasons. It doesn't mean He can't do something. It means He does it the way He wants to do it. Sometimes He allows His servants to do the work for Him because He wants the servant to experience the blessings and rewards of service to others.

Sure, I see no problem that God's servants work for him like what we work for our bosses at present time but our bosses would not tell their secretaries to inform their wives that they want to make baby with them. It's pretty illogical!!! Reality is: who wants to make a baby is belongs to 2 couple. If God decided for Mary then he should tell Mary himself, not send his servants to do for him.

God spoke to some people directly, some thru prophets, and some thru His written word. But still people refused to believe. It doesn't matter if God speaks to people directly or not. They will still refuse to believe. Saying that "if God speaks to me Himself I would believe" is a total cop out.

The problem is they can't read and write at their time but speak out of their mouth pass to people's mouth then to mouth to mouth.... then start write and read.... Talk out of mouth pass to other people's mouth could mislead sometimes that's why the people prefer to beleive if people speaks directly to them. I would not listen the "rumor" because I don't know either the "rumor" is true or not until I see the official or proof then...

Let me to share a true example about my work place. The hot rumor spread out that army caserne will close down and we all have to go. My favorite word is: "I only beleive when I get a letter from my employer then..." - other rumor for one year that we will move out to other caserne. All what I do is keep myself until the official comes then I know the rumor is true and talk open.

Angels are not slaves. They also have free will. That's why some of them freely followed Satan in rebellion against God. They became the fallen angels (demons).

Yeah, it does the same thing with the people who have free will to decide themselves whom they want to work for.

That's so correct. Just like how Jesus did all these many miracles. The people saw these things, but they still did not believe in Him. They saw Jesus's power and still did not believe in Him. They are either blind, or kept their mind closed. I almost felt sorry for them.

I do not see in bible story that the people still don't beleive when they did saw how and what Jesus did to people with his miracle hands but I only see from the bible that the people don't beleive in Jesus and his miracle hands because they were not there or not Jesus's followers. Sure, the people would say different when they saw it with their own eyes. It was like "wake up" for them. See the example about one solider who lost his ear to battle during night of Jesus's arrest. Jesus healed him to have his ear back. It wake solider up and beleive in Jesus.

God does things His way because He is God. His wisdom and foreknowledge are waaaaay beyond our tiny brains' capacity to understand.

If you read Mary's response you would know that she had no problem with getting the news from an angel. Therefor, not "every" woman is the same, and God's message wasn't for "every" woman, so that's not even relevant. God's angels are not "best friends" or "parents", so there is no way to make that comparison.

:hmm: it could be that God is wonderful charmer to make the people say yes... or the people were scared of him and have to obey because he is power God like King?

You will "believe" and "feel" whatever you want because that's what you want to do. That's your decision to reject the Word of God. It doesn't change anything that happened but it will change your destiny. :(

Yes I know our time are different but I compare reality what and how we did at present time with their past time and can see that the bible author intrepreted many pretty illogical.

I only beleive if there're only one bible or many bibles with SAME interpretation. I was like :roll: when I saw many different interpretation against other interpretation in bibles in websites.

I can't say that I don't beleive God but I would say that God is a mystery. I only beleive when I die.

I do not see in bible story that the people still don't beleive when they did saw how and what Jesus did to people with his miracle hands but I only see from the bible that the people don't beleive in Jesus and his miracle hands because they were not there or not Jesus's followers. Sure, the people would say different when they saw it with their own eyes. It was like "wake up" for them. See the example about one solider who lost his ear to battle during night of Jesus's arrest. Jesus healed him to have his ear back. It wake solider up and beleive in Jesus.

Yes, according to the bible people who recognized Jesus, had ignored, rejected and persecuted Jesus, because they're afraid of the Jewish Religious Leaders. one of the lamest excuse ever. I thought people have a mind of their own, but sometimes they don't use it, or even follow their heart. It's sad.

Seeing isn't everything, because when they saw, they still did not believe.

Yes, according to the bible people who recognized Jesus, had ignored, rejected and persecuted Jesus, because they're afraid of the Jewish Religious Leaders. one of the lamest excuse ever. I thought people have a mind of their own, but sometimes they don't use it, or even follow their heart. It's sad.

Seeing isn't everything, because when they saw, they still did not believe.
Either they were afraid of Jesus or they were following facts.

Sure, I see no problem that God's servants work for him like what we work for our bosses at present time but our bosses would not tell their secretaries to inform their wives that they want to make baby with them. It's pretty illogical!!! Reality is: who wants to make a baby is belongs to 2 couple. If God decided for Mary then he should tell Mary himself, not send his servants to do for him.
I don't know if I should :lol: or :cry: at that response. I give you credit for creativity if nothing else.

...Let me to share a true example about my work place. The hot rumor spread out that army caserne will close down and we all have to go. My favorite word is: "I only beleive when I get a letter from my employer then..." - other rumor for one year that we will move out to other caserne. All what I do is keep myself until the official comes then I know the rumor is true and talk open.
OK. God took care of that for you. He had his words written down to make it "official", just for you. :) God's "letter" to people is the Holy Bible.

... See the example about one solider who lost his ear to battle during night of Jesus's arrest. Jesus healed him to have his ear back. It wake solider up and beleive in Jesus.
Where did you read that the "soldier" believed in Jesus? There is nothing in the Bible that says he believed. Also, it wasn't a "battle". Jesus went willingly with them, without a struggle.

Mark 14:47
And one of them that stood by drew a sword, and smote a servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.

Luke 22:50-51
And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear. 51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

John 18:10
Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

John 18:26
One of the servants of the high priest, being his kinsman whose ear Peter cut off, saith, Did not I see thee in the garden with him?

:hmm: it could be that God is wonderful charmer to make the people say yes... or the people were scared of him and have to obey because he is power God like King?
Or it could be exactly as it was written down in the Bible.

Um, if God wasn't really God Almighty, then why would Mary or anyone be afraid of Him? You can't have it both ways.

... I only beleive when I die.
That's so sad. :( You will miss out on many years of blessing, and have to suffer the agonies of hell if you wait until you die. I see nothing positive about that reasoning.

I don't know if I should :lol: or :cry: at that response. I give you credit for creativity if nothing else.

This is Christianity´s way... :) Dont worry, I do not take your post serious but can tell that you don´t know what should you answer. :)

OK. God took care of that for you. He had his words written down to make it "official", just for you. :) God's "letter" to people is the Holy Bible.

Write a letter and book are not the same thing. :)

Simple question:

How many books make up the bible?

Which bible is correct?

That´s why I said that write a letter is not same as the book.

:roll:

Where did you read that the "soldier" believed in Jesus? There is nothing in the Bible that says he believed. Also, it wasn't a "battle". Jesus went willingly with them, without a struggle.

Accord movie Christ´s Passion. Solider´s impression was like "shock" when Jesus touch and heal his ear. It tell a lot. Do you want to say that those movie is a fiction or not?

That's so sad. :( You will miss out on many years of blessing, and have to suffer the agonies of hell if you wait until you die. I see nothing positive about that reasoning.

I don´t beleive in hell and satan.

God and Jesus would be pleased to know that I show my interest to read their history in the bible and keep bibles in my house. Surely, they understand that I have a family, I take care of and consider my own life to be with them and enjoy to be with them at present and future time. Surely, they know that I learn about them at years ago. If they really love me then would accept what I am like what you said that God love everyone. Right?

Christians claimed that Jesus is God.

Accord the bible, God and Jesus have different personality. It could be that God and Jesus are two separate persons who are not equal?

Did Jesus ever say that he was God? No, he never did but the people who sees him as God´s Son.

Jesus said: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 10:34-36; 14:28) Also, Jesus explained that theere were some things that neither he nor the angels knew but only God knew. (Mark 13:32).

Jesus prayed to God, saying: "Let, not my will, but yours take place". (Luke 22:42) If Jesus were the Almighty God, he would not have prayed to himself, would he? In fact, following Jesus´ death, the Scripture says: "This Jesus God resurrected." (Acts 2:32) Tus the Almighty God and Jesus are clearly two separate persons. Even after his death and resurrection and ascension to heaven, Jesus was still not equal to his Father - 1 Corinthians 11:3, 15:28.

:dunno:

Accord movie Christ´s Passion. Solider´s impression was like "shock" when Jesus touch and heal his ear. It tell a lot. Do you want to say that those movie is a fiction or not?
I didn't see the movie but it was a MOVIE, not the BIBLE.

Show me the Bible verse that says he became a believer.

I didn't see the movie but it was a MOVIE, not the BIBLE.

Show me the Bible verse that says he became a believer.

No, my bible didn´t write that he became a beleiver. The bible is about God, Jesus and history.

Have you see the movie "Ben Hur". Many people look shock impression when they got heal from Jesus´s blood. They become beleiver on the same time Jesus was sentenced to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back