some Ddeaf/Hhoh with grammar english problems

yagazn

Reaction score
Umm,

I had post all the topic since I was new a week ago or so.

I'm sorry for my grammar english.

I've had struggle with grammar english.

I'm not alone, my other friends who's also deaf/hoh who has problem with grammar english.

My experience with some hearing people who made fun of deaf/hoh about grammar english, I remembered hearing student offended to deaf, "your grammar english's awful". That was a long time ago

I have to keep trying,
I took a writing class with my teacher who's also intrepeter. Boy, I'm not like a hearing person. But I'm not giving up, it's a challenge.

Umm,

I had post all the topic since I was new a week ago or so.

I'm sorry for my grammar english.

I've had struggle with grammar english.

I'm not alone, my other friends who's also deaf/hoh who has problem with grammar english.

My experience with some hearing people who made fun of deaf/hoh about grammar english, I remembered hearing student offended to deaf, "your grammar english's awful". That was a long time ago

I have to keep trying,
I took a writing class with my teacher who's also intrepeter. Boy, I'm not like a hearing person. But I'm not giving up, it's a challenge.

You don't need to apologize for your grammar. English grammar is a struggle for many people, deaf and hearing both. I know many hearing people who have horrible grammar.

You hang in there and keep trying. You will improve.

Don't be sorry about your grammar. You will improve as time goes by. I have seen hearing people with bad grammar...generally the ones who use English as a second language or didn't get a good education or something like that. You can find plenty in other forums.

Don´t worry about your grammar... You are not only one in the world but million hearing and deaf have the problem with grammar, too.

Those Forums will help you to improve your English grammar when you visit Forum and read everyone´s posts.

Like other say no need to apologize. Did you know that reading on forums (like AllDeaf.com), newspapers, books and even television with closed-captioning can help to improve one's literacy?

Like other say no need to apologize. Did you know that reading on forums (like AllDeaf.com), newspapers, books and even television with closed-captioning can help to improve one's literacy?

Absolutely!

MeYag, you sound like a determined person. Go for the gold :)

I suppose you find nothing difficult. Must be nice to be able to do everything well and with ease.:rollLet me direct you back here: :http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/51484-cued-speech-your-opinion-3.html

Oops....I see some grammatical errors!

Why are you reading stuff into my question that is not there? I don't see the part where I said, "Why is this so hard for you, dumby? It is easy-peasy for me-e!" I asked why it is hard. Care to shed light on my question or be you only rude?

I don't see any grammatical errors that I made on that page, but I know I have made quite a few on this site already.

Why are you reading stuff into my question that is not there? I don't see the part where I said, "Why is this so hard for you, dumby? It is easy-peasy for me-e!" I asked why it is hard. Care to shed light on my question or be you only rude?

I don't see any grammatical errors that I made on that page, but I know I have made quite a few on this site already.

Your question was rude. Think about it. Why do you think that the grammatical structure of a spoken language would be difficult for someone who can't hear that spoken language?

I suppose you find nothing difficult. Must be nice to be able to do everything well and with ease.:rollLet me direct you back here: :http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/51484-cued-speech-your-opinion-3.html

Oops....I see some grammatical errors!

I admit that I found it difficult to grasp the meaning of the words/sentences or most subjects when I was taught oral during my educational years. Even though my grammar and spelling were excellent but I have to admit when my speaking/writing a story or sentence was boring, bland, not creative.

It was about 20 years ago, that I chose to read easy books then onto deeper materials that helped me. There are some which are too deep for me to comprehend.

I admit that I found it difficult to grasp the meaning of the words/sentences or most subjects when I was taught oral during my educational years. Even though my grammar and spelling were excellent but I have to admit when my speaking/writing a story or sentence was boring, bland, not creative.

It was about 20 years ago, that I chose to read easy books then onto deeper materials that helped me. There are some which are too deep for me to comprehend.

I've gotten ahold of a few of those books myself, Ozzie!:giggle:

I've gotten ahold of a few of those books myself, Ozzie!:giggle:

:lol:

Out of curosity, are you saying that there are differences between us and hearies in terms of comprehending reading and grammar? I wish I was very quick-witted or giving out snappy comebacks, so therefore is that what held me back due to lack of understanding during schooling?

Well, in my opinion, if you truly want to get better with English grammar... you must make yourself start using it as best you can.

It is very easy to fall back on what you know, but mixing things up -trains the mind-. Your brain is like a muscle, if you always do the same thing, or don't do much, it will stay the same or even decline.

I am not the best at English, and it took me a long time to learn. I think I may have a slight advantage in that I spent a lot less time learning a sign language, and use finger spelling a lot.

I still have problems understanding, especially when things are structured in ways that I don't usually do, and I have problems with metaphors and 'sarcasm' at times. But I have learned much just by reading. Lots and lots of reading. If I see a word I don't know, I look it up.

It kind of all starts out with 'see dog run', like they used to teach kids in books, except instead of knowing what words sound like, you know what they -look- like and what the ideas behind them are.

If you train yourself to do things differently, you don't have to get it all correct the first time (I still don't) but each time you look up the correct way to write something, start using it every time. Eventually that becomes a habit, and you can use that knowledge to expand your ability and vocabulary.

You don't need to apologize for your grammar. English grammar is a struggle for many people, deaf and hearing both. I know many hearing people who have horrible grammar.

You hang in there and keep trying. You will improve.

Thanks Everyone.

To: Jillo,
Some hearing student at college, We felt that some hearing people who are too smart than US (deaf/hoh) because of grammar english. I remembered at college that some hearing people looked at us like we're stupid or dumb. and they don't seem interested in deaf when we're in hearing class.

And I came up to a hearing guy for help but he rejected me and totally ignored me like he doesn't want to be friend with me. (sigh, he's jerk). he rather friend with hearing only and he think he's too smart than me and my other deaf friends. It does hurt my feeling. I let it go and moved on.

So me and my deaf friend changed to class that we finally have english teacher for deaf class only for writing class. However, we are sad that our english teacher is moving to another state next fall. I'm thinking of going to different college.

Thanks Everyone.

To: Jillo,
Some hearing student at college, We felt that some hearing people who are too smart than US (deaf/hoh) because of grammar english. I remembered at college that some hearing people looked at us like we're stupid or dumb. and they don't seem interested in deaf where we're in hearing class.
And I came up to a hearing guy for help but he rejected me and totally ignored me like he doesn't want to be friend with me. (sigh, he's jerk). he rather friend with hearing only and he think he's too smart than me. It does hurt my feeling. I let it go and I moved on.

Well, unfortunately there are a lot of people like that.
One, thing I was taught is this:
Just because someone 'talks' with an accent, that does not mean they -think- with one. You could be an incredibly intelligent person and not write English well, just like anyone else who has not learned it as well as others.

There are many -highly intelligent- people who do not speak or write English well, because it is not their language. Scientists, doctors, physicists... do if someone accuses you of being stupid only by the way you write, then they are the one being stupid.

There are many -highly intelligent- people who do not speak or write English well, because it is not their language. Scientists, doctors, physicists... do if someone accuses you of being stupid only by the way you write, then they are the one being stupid.

You do have a good point on that one. I have seen doctors, scientists, etc with grammar not as good as an average person with good grammar skills. It is nothing new, anyhow. As long they can read and comprehead instructions, then they will do the job just fine.

Back