Social Security Benefits for Illegal Immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they, Mexicans, PR worked so hard to stare girl's asses. :cool:

Wow..that really sucks that u would say something like that about the Mexicans and Puerto Ricans. Yes, there are a few that are lazy but that doesnt mean all of them are like that. I grew up in AZ and even married one so I guess my daughter who is half Mexican will be lazy?

Also..so what if they stare at girls' asses? US born men do it too. Even I as a woman, stare at men's asses. :giggle:

It has nothing to do with how hard they work. The fact is, they have not contributed to social security, so they should not be allowed to draw from it either. And, if they work under illegal means (ie stolen identity) then they do not deserve to reap the fruits of their illegal labors.

For example, if I, a legal citizen of the United States of America, were to sell drugs, and my neighbor broke into my house and stole the money I got from selling drugs, even if there were evidence to PROVE my neighbor stole the money, I could not prosecute him because the gains were ill-gotten. Why should illegal aliens be able to benefit from all my years of hard work and putting money into the system when they have not done so themselves?

It has nothing to do with how hard they work. The fact is, they have not contributed to social security, so they should not be allowed to draw from it either. And, if they work under illegal means (ie stolen identity) then they do not deserve to reap the fruits of their illegal labors.

For example, if I, a legal citizen of the United States of America, were to sell drugs, and my neighbor broke into my house and stole the money I got from selling drugs, even if there were evidence to PROVE my neighbor stole the money, I could not prosecute him because the gains were ill-gotten. Why should illegal aliens be able to benefit from all my years of hard work and putting money into the system when they have not done so themselves?

Oh yea I agree with u. I am referring to that there are Mexicans who are legal citizens here who pay taxes. In fact all of us are here due to our ancestors immigrating to the US from other countries but as long as it is legal, I am all for it.

That's all.

Yes, as long as the immigrant is a legal resident of the U.S.A. and obeys the laws of the United States of America. I have no problem with that.

I can not believe they might allow them to collect SSDI while they turned my husband three time since they said he can work even he has hard time to walk and and in pain all the time. I do not need to add more fume in my blood deal with this BS already. :rl:

I can not believe they might allow them to collect SSDI while they turned my husband three time since they said he can work even he has hard time to walk and and in pain all the time. I do not need to add more fume in my blood deal with this BS already. :rl:

No..not SSDI...social security for retirement. Like if they work illegally for many years and wanted to retire, they will get SS. Not SSDI..imagine if illegal immigrants got SSDI..that would be a reason to start another thread! :giggle:

No..not SSDI...social security for retirement. Like if they work illegally for many years and wanted to retire, they will get SS. Not SSDI..imagine if illegal immigrants got SSDI..that would be a reason to start another thread! :giggle:

OOPs, tired from work alot past three weeks, . I got it, reitres collect SSA. Now illegals tries to get them also. Sigh

Fanatic, USA has always been heralded as the land of golden opportunities and it is a very seductive dream to people who have it so bad in other places. I think it's important to understand why people do the things they do, even if we don't agree with them. Having combative and unenlightened attitudes ourselves about it makes us part of the problem, quite frankly. As shel has pointed out that our ancestors were immigrants to USA, after all!

Eve, Eve.. however, I sort of agree with your point. Granting federal benefits to those who gained US entry illegally isn't acceptable for it could send the wrong signals that it's ok to move to USA like that. It would cause a lot of trouble for those trying to uphold the laws. I am still keeping an open mind, because it is amazing that half of people voted for two different things. I still don't see why such a high number voted aye, and if I am not mistakened, why a senator who proposed a bill to make it illegal for minors to cross states to get an abortion where it is legal propose this (I support pro choice btw, sorry to some of you who are pro life! Be nice! Heh!). Is there something I'm missing here?

Reba, thank you for a good FYI on CFA! Right on. I'm a DOI brat, by the way.

shel90 said:
No..not SSDI...social security for retirement.
Actually, SSDI is a form of Social Security, so they would be able to qualify for that as well.

Actually, SSDI is a form of Social Security, so they would be able to qualify for that as well.

SSDI is for people with disabilities so if illegal immigrates are able to qualify for SSDI and SS then there is something wrong with the picture.

Social Security funds would be depleted regardless which label is used to disperse them.

Social Security funds would be depleted regardless which label is used to disperse them.

Alien immigrants or not, I'm sure there are other factors that has been depleting the funds for years... it sends a shiver down my spine to think of how the government managed to run up a huge debt, too. Could have better management and priority with many things within the government helped Social Security funds?

I know! Let's give the politicians working in the White house a huge salary cut and get rid of the designer peanuts in AirForceOne (metaphor, really, but do they really have such peanuts?), and redistribute it where else the money is really needed. Hey, just a few of my many bright ideas to help the People.

See what you started, Eve! *innocent whistle*

Illegal aliens use false documents for Social Security. That is, they steal another person's SS number. Do you (anyone) want another person using your SS number?

Also, they will have access to Medicare funds.

Another FYI:

Legal "green card" immigrants are eligible for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, and Medicare.

Many "Hispanic" or "Latino" workers are legal.

Just because someone speaks Spanish doesn't mean they are illegal aliens.

Not all "illegals" are Mexican.

Liza said:
Alien immigrants or not, I'm sure there are other factors that has been depleting the funds for years... it sends a shiver down my spine to think of how the government managed to run up a huge debt, too. Could have better management and priority with many things within the government helped Social Security funds?

I know! Let's give the politicians working in the White house a huge salary cut and get rid of the designer peanuts in AirForceOne (metaphor, really, but do they really have such peanuts?), and redistribute it where else the money is really needed. Hey, just a few of my many bright ideas to help the People.

See what you started, Eve! *innocent whistle*
lol Liza, you know me.
Regardless what has been depleting the fund up until now, those issues should be addressed as well, but the fact that they intend to hand over my hard-earned money to people who have never contributed, this is the issue which needs to be addressed NOW, before it is too late.

If they are legal aliens, they will be contributing to social security and should be permitted to benefit from it as well. But why must American citizens accept the responsibility for providing for the entire world? I say “teach ‘em to fish!”

I don't care about SS, also they are sooo low money.

I prefer to get job and spend some of money in retirement account.

When you do retire, you will get retirement account plus SS retirement or pension. If you don't want the SS Retirement money. I don't know what to tell ya. You might want to read this link,

Social Security Online

lol Liza, you know me.
Regardless what has been depleting the fund up until now, those issues should be addressed as well, but the fact that they intend to hand over my hard-earned money to people who have never contributed, this is the issue which needs to be addressed NOW, before it is too late.

If they are legal aliens, they will be contributing to social security and should be permitted to benefit from it as well. But why must American citizens accept the responsibility for providing for the entire world? I say “teach ‘em to fish!”

You won't surprised that one of my friend, also she's Mexican and moved in LA in early 70's then became citizen in around late 90's before got retired and already got SS.

Some illegal aliens that who moved in USA in before 2000's then able to become citizen after passed citizen test but wait to got work permit at first place and used to being illegal for short time.

Another FYI:

Legal "green card" immigrants are eligible for SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, and Medicare.

Many "Hispanic" or "Latino" workers are legal.

Just because someone speaks Spanish doesn't mean they are illegal aliens.

Not all "illegals" are Mexican.

Yup but don't being illegal for long time after got work permit.

When you do retire, you will get retirement account plus SS retirement or pension. If you don't want the SS Retirement money. I don't know what to tell ya. You might want to read this link,

Social Security Online

Well, it's depend on retirement account and if I have alot of money in retirement account then doesn't need get SS.

Pacman said:
Some illegal aliens that who moved in USA in before 2000's then able to become citizen after passed citizen test but wait to got work permit at first place and used to being illegal for short time.
If they are legal citizens, then the issue is moot, because they are paying into the SS fund with deductions from their paychecks, just like every other American citizen.

Pacman said:
Well, it's depend on retirement account and if I have alot of money in retirement account then doesn't need get SS.
More than likely you are paying into the SS fund through deductions in your paycheck. Wouldn’t you like to see some of that money back when you retire rather than giving it away to the illegals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back