So I'm in Baltimore...

Last night

Last night was really fun hanging out with Alex, Jiro, TheWriteAlex, Shels90, and Missywinks among others.

Here are some pics.

I love that pic of BelleSorrisa and TheWRiteAlex. :)

I was so amazed that many of you thought my hubby was deaf. I guess he signs a lot better than I give him credit for...lol

AAWWW! i used to live in maryland... here goes another missed opportunity to meet you all :(

Jiro and TheWriteAlex...remmy that girl who came with her father for her ASL I class? She first approached me when I was chatting with Julie (my hearing friend with the baby) and because I hadnt seen Julie in almost 2 years, I wanted to catch up with her so it was wrong timing for that girl to approach me. I was the one who sent her over to chat with the both of you and then Mac ended up getting his picture taken with her for her class to show proof that she went to a deaf social. How ironic was that...Mac is hearing!!! :laugh2:

Jiro and TheWriteAlex...remmy that girl who came with her father for her ASL I class? She first approached me when I was chatting with Julie (my hearing friend with the baby) and because I hadnt seen Julie in almost 2 years, I wanted to catch up with her so it was wrong timing for that girl to approach me. I was the one who sent her over to chat with the both of you and then Mac ended up getting his picture taken with her for her class to show proof that she went to a deaf social. How ironic was that...Mac is hearing!!! :laugh2:

LOL! That poor girl. She was absolutely terrified! I tried to put her at ease by using my voice with her, but I think she was just petrified no matter what. Shucks. At the club too, I think hearing people felt weird around us. So silly. This weekend was the first time I'd ever been around so many deaf people myself, but I loved every minute of it! Even though my ASL skills aren't very good, I still understand a lot more than if people are talking. That just feels natural and normal to me.

LOL! That poor girl. She was absolutely terrified! I tried to put her at ease by using my voice with her, but I think she was just petrified no matter what. Shucks. At the club too, I think hearing people felt weird around us. So silly. This weekend was the first time I'd ever been around so many deaf people myself, but I loved every minute of it! Even though my ASL skills aren't very good, I still understand a lot more than if people are talking. That just feels natural and normal to me.

You could understand a lot more? I wasnt sure so that was why Sim-Commed with you. Next time, I wont do that! My bad!

Yea, I could see that you were overwhelmed by the sheer number of deaf people there. That's why I am so used to being around an extremely large Deaf community. Gosh, there were more deafies that I didnt know that I knew. I am always seeing a large number of new faces. It is amazing, isnt it?

You could understand a lot more? I wasnt sure so that was why Sim-Commed with you. Next time, I wont do that! My bad!

Oh no, don't worry. It was fine. I appreciated the effort you and everyone else made to make me (and Andy) feel more included. One-on-one, and I understand more with sim-com. But in a group conversation it doesn't help and I'm just as deaf as the rest of you! :D

Back