So I'm in Baltimore...

Sound nice! Need someone s new thread for it. I would like any one of weekday. Not weekend. PFH and you may look one of best hotel for meet party.

I pretty much already know the best place to meet... And it is not at a hotel :cool2:
Its a pimpin'

Vegas? Planning for an AD event there? if so, I'm so there (if I can!!)

it's starting on July 18th for a week. It's the DeafNation World Expo. will send info to your FB. I see that a handful of ADers are going so I don't see why not have a little AD party :)

On July, you will got big headache to communicate with lots of deafies as 30 k to 50 K for Deaf Nation in Las Vegas. :lol: May meet lotsAllDeaf'ers at meet party somewhere??

I don't plan on meeting 30k-50k peepz. Probably just 0.001% of them :cool2:

so Alex (thewritealex) was the pimp of the night... :mad2: so pimp that it makes me and shel's brother look like a prude :lol:

I had hell of a time in DC & Baltimore. The type of crowd is quite a difference from NYC and I like it. I'm definitely coming back to DC again for its DPHH which is every 1st fri of the month. I look forward to meeting another kind of crowd like Chicago and Austin. It's been an interesting journey for me and Alex for sure :)

Shel & her hubby were an awesome host for us in Baltimore. Shel gave us a drive-around in Baltimore and it is nice. Almost like a mix of Seattle and Philly. Belle aka "the freckle" and her friend made our night in DC fun too! MissyWinks, Alex (admin), and the Gally girl came... which made our time even better!

DC isn't what I thought it'd be and it has changed a lot since the last time I was in DC several years ago. Guess that's why Authentic liked it there for a while!

I lol'ed when Missy was :-o because the last time I met Sequoias and Missy in Seattle... my signing was very very basic - much worse than Alex. I'm pleased that Alex had a great time here in DC which made his deaf experience very positive. I'm sure he felt very intimidated and unsure about communicating with others but people were very accommodating to his level of ASL and for me too. His signing wasn't too bad but it's understandable because he was not able to put it to use as much as he wants in his home area... not much of deaf events going on. Either way - he's off to a very very good start in a real deaf world instead of classroom! :cool2:

I think that's a pretty good summary of the weekend's events. :D But I beg to differ; Shel's brother is the biggest pimp of them all! That guy is a deaf god! LOL. Very nice guy, too. I enjoyed signing with him because he made it easy for me to understand. Well, everyone did, really.

I feel like my ASL improved dramatically just in the week that I was in DC. I still sign PSE grammar, but my receptive skills are improving quickly. Andy is right; I just don't have enough opportunities here to sign with native signers. I am definitely going to start driving to Chicago and Indy once a month, or as much as I can manage, for DPHH.

Thank you all for the wonderful, wonderful time! I will never forget, but I know it's not the last you've seen of me in DC!!

:wave:

Fixed the picture for you, Jiro.
JiroAus.jpg
lol

I think that's a pretty good summary of the weekend's events. :D But I beg to differ; Shel's brother is the biggest pimp of them all! That guy is a deaf god! LOL. Very nice guy, too. I enjoyed signing with him because he made it easy for me to understand. Well, everyone did, really.

I feel like my ASL improved dramatically just in the week that I was in DC. I still sign PSE grammar, but my receptive skills are improving quickly. Andy is right; I just don't have enough opportunities here to sign with native signers. I am definitely going to start driving to Chicago and Indy once a month, or as much as I can manage, for DPHH.

Thank you all for the wonderful, wonderful time! I will never forget, but I know it's not the last you've seen of me in DC!!

:wave:

Because of your work - you're very busy so you probably will miss out some events in Chicago or Indy. That's where VP comes in! You pretty much need 1 or 2 friends who would practice with you on almost daily basis. Feel free to VP me :) I hope you got a VP device already cuz it takes a bit while to receive it and have it installed by a tech.

You don't have to worry about signing in mix of SEE(ew)/PSE/ASL cuz a lot of peepz especially in big city are signing in a bit of hybrid form of ASL anyway. I have a huge mix of signers in NYC because all of them have different background so it's not really a big issue as long as everybody understands each other. Many of them are accommodating. :)

But some are not accommodating. You'll encounter a PURE ASL'er or a speedy one or whatever. Simple - who cares? lol plenty of other friendly deafies to talk with. :cool2:

ROFLMAO, Jiro.... damn funny for sure.. but oh yeah I think ya crapped your pant big time!!!! Hahahaha!!!!!! And I wonder if Jclarke gonna hunt ya down for that Aussie flipbird.. lol...

I am glad that you did not flip your bird at the Canadian embassy which is one of the most visible buildings in D.C. :D

Royale, if Jiro did that I would hunt him down and slap his nuts silly with a hockey stick it gonna hurt like hell and Jiro gonna waddle like a drunk duck!!! HHEHE!!! Kidding man... I kid!!!! BUT seriously, dont even do the flipbird at the Canada Embassy or there gonna be hell to pay for, bubba!!!

Back