So I'm in Baltimore...

15696_972205854599_8825246_52584203_3352848_n.jpg

15696_972205859589_8825246_52584204_8011087_n.jpg

25984_628519824315_24412399_35884880_3336338_n.jpg

LOL! That poor girl. She was absolutely terrified! I tried to put her at ease by using my voice with her, but I think she was just petrified no matter what. Shucks. At the club too, I think hearing people felt weird around us. So silly. This weekend was the first time I'd ever been around so many deaf people myself, but I loved every minute of it! Even though my ASL skills aren't very good, I still understand a lot more than if people are talking. That just feels natural and normal to me.

Awesome, I am so glad that you actually enjoyed that weekend with the kind of people. ;)

LOL! That poor girl. She was absolutely terrified! I tried to put her at ease by using my voice with her, but I think she was just petrified no matter what. Shucks. At the club too, I think hearing people felt weird around us. So silly.

better start planning for Vegas :cool2:

and also try to make it to Chicago DPHH once in a while

This weekend was the first time I'd ever been around so many deaf people myself, but I loved every minute of it! Even though my ASL skills aren't very good, I still understand a lot more than if people are talking. That just feels natural and normal to me.
your ASL skill will improve a great deal each time you go to deaf event.... and very slow at ASL class

damn... you uncovered my pee stain :mad2:

so Alex (thewritealex) was the pimp of the night... :mad2: so pimp that it makes me and shel's brother look like a prude :lol:

I had hell of a time in DC & Baltimore. The type of crowd is quite a difference from NYC and I like it. I'm definitely coming back to DC again for its DPHH which is every 1st fri of the month. I look forward to meeting another kind of crowd like Chicago and Austin. It's been an interesting journey for me and Alex for sure :)

Shel & her hubby were an awesome host for us in Baltimore. Shel gave us a drive-around in Baltimore and it is nice. Almost like a mix of Seattle and Philly. Belle aka "the freckle" and her friend made our night in DC fun too! MissyWinks, Alex (admin), and the Gally girl came... which made our time even better!

DC isn't what I thought it'd be and it has changed a lot since the last time I was in DC several years ago. Guess that's why Authentic liked it there for a while!

I lol'ed when Missy was :-o because the last time I met Sequoias and Missy in Seattle... my signing was very very basic - much worse than Alex. I'm pleased that Alex had a great time here in DC which made his deaf experience very positive. I'm sure he felt very intimidated and unsure about communicating with others but people were very accommodating to his level of ASL and for me too. His signing wasn't too bad but it's understandable because he was not able to put it to use as much as he wants in his home area... not much of deaf events going on. Either way - he's off to a very very good start in a real deaf world instead of classroom! :cool2:

so Alex (thewritealex) was the pimp of the night... :mad2: so pimp that it makes me and shel's brother look like a prude :lol:

I had hell of a time in DC & Baltimore. The type of crowd is quite a difference from NYC and I like it. I'm definitely coming back to DC again for its DPHH which is every 1st fri of the month. I look forward to meeting another kind of crowd like Chicago and Austin. It's been an interesting journey for me and Alex for sure :)

Shel & her hubby were an awesome host for us in Baltimore. Shel gave us a drive-around in Baltimore and it is nice. Almost like a mix of Seattle and Philly. Belle aka "the freckle" and her friend made our night in DC fun too! MissyWinks, Alex (admin), and the Gally girl came... which made our time even better!

DC isn't what I thought it'd be and it has changed a lot since the last time I was in DC several years ago. Guess that's why Authentic liked it there for a while!

I lol'ed when Missy was :-o because the last time I met Sequoias and Missy in Seattle... my signing was very very basic - much worse than Alex. I'm pleased that Alex had a great time here in DC which made his deaf experience very positive. I'm sure he felt very intimidated and unsure about communicating with others but people were very accommodating to his level of ASL and for me too. His signing wasn't too bad but it's understandable because he was not able to put it to use as much as he wants in his home area... not much of deaf events going on. Either way - he's off to a very very good start in a real deaf world instead of classroom! :cool2:

On July, you will got big headache to communicate with lots of deafies as 30 k to 50 K for Deaf Nation in Las Vegas. :lol: May meet lotsAllDeaf'ers at meet party somewhere??

Jiro somewhat appointed me the AD Meet Las Vegas All Star Guide.

Sigh...

Sound nice! Need someone s new thread for it. I would like any one of weekday. Not weekend. PFH and you may look one of best hotel for meet party.

Back