Skyscrapers in other countries #2

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally, a new thread about skyscrapers, carry on you skyscraper fanatics! ;)

Abandoned skyscrapers in Ukraine or Detroit would be more fun for the indoor paintball. :deal: heh

It would be interesting to see that, despite the tall building!

or at least demolish them and recycle the materials for new skyscrapers. Seattle central library is built out of recycled materials.

or at least demolish them and recycle the materials for new skyscrapers. Seattle central library is built out of recycled materials.

The one mentioned in the other thread, the funky look building, yes?

skyscrapers of Toronto, Ontario.Canada
canada275.jpg

toronto_trump_tower_large.jpg

News: Trump Toronto approved at 70 storeys
Source: Trump Tower Toronto, The Trump International Hotel & Tower in Toronto, Canada

mays13gehry.jpg

Source: globeandmail.com: Will Toronto rise to the skyscraper challenge?

continue....

toronto002.jpg

This is city hall..
Source: Toronto Unlimited! Toronto City Hall is first stop for visitors to Toronto and also to do business in Toronto!

Lot of information about skyscrapers of Toronto, Ontairo.
Source: Skyscrapers/Wolkenkratzer/Wolkenkrabbers/Grattes~ciel Toronto, Canada

canada-cn-tower.jpg

Beautiful CN Tower, Toronto, Ontario.

Actually I was born raised lived in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for 21 yrs and moved small town right now where I Live boring town.. "ST Thomas, Ontario,Canada"
IN ST Thomas, Ontario have no skyscrapers.

GalaxyAngel, Awesome! I'm not too crazy about gold glass tower(trump tower) they just approved for Toronto.

Hey GA, the first piccy of the skyscrapers in tronto, CA looks dazzy!

Hey guys! I'm back from my trip to Oregon and California.

I was in Los Angeles for few hours. I saw some skyscrapers constructions in LA metro area. I also saw some brand new skyscrapers along I-405 freeway between LAX airport and Santa Clarita. They look really nice. I didn't take the pictures of it because of the reflection issues. I will find it on the internet and post it here. Back to the point, it is seen that Los Angeles is doing well but I dunno.

I was in Bakersfield, California to visit my relatives there. I read their local newspaper, there are some developers that are proposing to build a couple of low rise to mid rise buildings at California State University of Bakersfield campus and surrounding it. I got puzzled because they wants to build it in the suburbs instead its downtown area. Whatever to Bakersfield!

I went to Salt Lake City for flight change to go home in Seattle. I seen Salt Lake City skyline from the airport... Not impressed.

Glad to be home in Seattle, Washington again! :)

Hey guys! I'm back from my trip to Oregon and California.

I was in Los Angeles for few hours. I saw some skyscrapers constructions in LA metro area. I also saw some brand new skyscrapers along I-405 freeway between LAX airport and Santa Clarita. They look really nice. I didn't take the pictures of it because of the reflection issues. I will find it on the internet and post it here. Back to the point, it is seen that Los Angeles is doing well but I dunno.

I was in Bakersfield, California to visit my relatives there. I read their local newspaper, there are some developers that are proposing to build a couple of low rise to mid rise buildings at California State University of Bakersfield campus and surrounding it. I got puzzled because they wants to build it in the suburbs instead its downtown area. Whatever to Bakersfield!

I went to Salt Lake City for flight change to go home in Seattle. I seen Salt Lake City skyline from the airport... Not impressed.

Glad to be home in Seattle, Washington again! :)

Wow sounds like you have a badass time :) I agree with you, Salt Lake City's skyline is not really good, but I know there is 30ish story building that are under construction there.

Wow sounds like you have a badass time :) I agree with you, Salt Lake City's skyline is not really good, but I know there is 30ish story building that are under construction there.

Thanks! I heard of that from SSC a while ago. I didn't see it from the airport window. It is kinda too far from it.

I will be off topic a little but a question happened to my mind ..

Is there a heat difference between the top floor of a skyscraper and the first floor ?

^^ I don't quite understand your question?

For example, if we assume there is a skyscaper with 100 floors..

then you measured that the temperature on the first floor is 68 F ..

my question is : 100th floor would have same temperature ?

Ohhhh, now I got it clearly. Yes, maybe a few degrees difference. The same thing with mountains to valleys have different temperatures.

Back