Sidekick Tricks

how can i stop getting spam email on my tmail account?

its so frigging annoying to see an email about increasing ur penis size and all those stock market advices, which are pretty much spam. any suggestions?

No Fear 23 said:
how can i stop getting spam email on my tmail account?

its so frigging annoying to see an email about increasing ur penis size and all those stock market advices, which are pretty much spam. any suggestions?
I feel your pain... Yes what happend to me before, then i called tmobile to changed my email address two times because of stupid spams..... T mobile had no opition for email system like block, some others.. I suggest you have to call tmobile to get new email address without charge.. its free... smile... Good luck..

desperately need help

:wave: this might sound stupid but, what exactly are these stars that u are talking about? id LOVE to use them, also, i want to use the new font!!! please, someone PM me, for help!! =(((((

thank you SO much1111111

does SKII have an auto text feauture so I don't have to type every letter and can select common words ?

Yes SKII have auto text. It is easy. Go to main menu and press menu (the one button with 3 lines), click on settings then click onto auto text. Then do whatever you want.

Soonersseth said:
does SKII have an auto text feauture so I don't have to type every letter and can select common words ?

Soonersseth said:
The Sidekick II has default autotext settings. You can add more or delete some autotext to your liking. However, be careful with what you add or delete for it can affect you unknowingly. For example, the default setting has "im" as "I'm". If you were talking to someone and told them to IM you, it would change "IM" to "I'M" automatically. As soon as you type "IM" and then space... it will change. But... before you type any further, a simple tap of the backspace key will change it back to "IM" then you can proceed to type more. That works on all autotext. I've added a few such as the arrows and stars. What I did was add "star1" and "star2" since there are 2 stars and I know that I won't ever be typing "Star1" for any other reason. I also added "@right1", "@up2", etc... for the arrows. "1" is for the thin arrows and "2" is for the thick arrows. It works out pretty well for that too. One last thing is the AIM autotext. There are 3 monkey faces and a parrot. I simply added "monkey1", "monkey2", "monkey3", and "parrot1" to the list. Now, instead of having to type around the whole keyboard... I simply type the word and it does the rest. ;)

I am curious what monkey 1, 2 and 3 looks like? And parrot too. I have a few neat icons and someone created it too.

VamPyroX said:
The Sidekick II has default autotext settings. You can add more or delete some autotext to your liking. However, be careful with what you add or delete for it can affect you unknowingly. For example, the default setting has "im" as "I'm". If you were talking to someone and told them to IM you, it would change "IM" to "I'M" automatically. As soon as you type "IM" and then space... it will change. But... before you type any further, a simple tap of the backspace key will change it back to "IM" then you can proceed to type more. That works on all autotext. I've added a few such as the arrows and stars. What I did was add "star1" and "star2" since there are 2 stars and I know that I won't ever be typing "Star1" for any other reason. I also added "@right1", "@up2", etc... for the arrows. "1" is for the thin arrows and "2" is for the thick arrows. It works out pretty well for that too. One last thing is the AIM autotext. There are 3 monkey faces and a parrot. I simply added "monkey1", "monkey2", "monkey3", and "parrot1" to the list. Now, instead of having to type around the whole keyboard... I simply type the word and it does the rest. ;)

Mama2AFTIV said:
I am curious what monkey 1, 2 and 3 looks like? And parrot too. I have a few neat icons and someone created it too.
In order to create the monkeys and parrot on AIM, you have to do this...

Monkey #1 (monkey makes an "oohh" face expression)

@(^o^)@

Monkey #2 (monkey makes a smiling expression with its mouth open)

@(^v^)@

Monkey #3 (monkey makes a smiling expression with its mouth closed)

@(^_^)@

Parrot

~ : ^

However, these only work on Sidekick AIM... not computer AIM. :(

That's so cool! I added it on my SK2 and tested it...it turned out so cute!! Is there any more other cool icons?

VamPyroX said:
In order to create the monkeys and parrot on AIM, you have to do this...

Monkey #1 (monkey makes an "oohh" face expression)

@(^o^)@

Monkey #2 (monkey makes a smiling expression with its mouth open)

@(^v^)@

Monkey #3 (monkey makes a smiling expression with its mouth closed)

@(^_^)@

Parrot

~ : ^

However, these only work on Sidekick AIM... not computer AIM. :(

Ahh ok thanks! If you get any neat one, let us know. I'll do the same as well! :thumb: My best friend was surprised when I sent her this. hee hee!

VamPyroX said:
Nope. That's all I know about at the moment.

Can't wait til SideKick III comes out! (Looking at my own avatar)

So much possibilities!!! (BlueTooth -- bluejack 'em!)

I am happy with my SKII for now till it get worn out or break, then I can replace with SKIII.

LinuxGold said:
Can't wait til SideKick III comes out! (Looking at my own avatar)

So much possibilities!!! (BlueTooth -- bluejack 'em!)

Mama2AFTIV said:
I am happy with my SKII for now till it get worn out or break, then I can replace with SKIII.
For non-technological savvy like you, Sidekick II would be good enough for now. I *WANT* sidekick III because I'm extremely curious in new "bluejacking" thing. Tricking people out with their bluetooth phones.

XBGMER said:
gnarlydorkette, That is accurate one!.. May I add on the instruction:

You customize your device by selecting options listed on the settings screens

To open these screens, press wheel roll, then select any application (Web Browser, Phone, Email, etc.)

to go to the Email screen, Press the wheel button > press the menu button > select setting > Press: accounts..

you could create as set up exactly below:

Account: pop.gmail.com

Protocol: POP/SSL

Port: 955
unsure? Leave it at 110

Username: yourname@gmail.com
Your login name

Password: ******

Email Folder: Inbox

From name: yourname
From address: yourname@gmail.com
Reply- to Name: yourname
Replay- To Address: yourname@gmail.com

PLEASE NOTE: First, You must setting up on Gmail above : gnarlydorkette's attached with detials. before setting on sidekick.. :D

I hope this resolve and helpful for pop3 Gmail running by Sidekick users.

as look image below from Gmail:

I was able to set up my GMAIL pop on my sidekick 2 but now I am annoyed by it because I get junk e-mails and if I send an e-mail from Gmail, it will show up on my SK too. I was wondering if there was a way to remove the Gmail pop? I can only see Edit button under Email Accounts.

HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

Teflon252 said:
anyone know how to configure yahoo to work on sidekick II....
That can't be done. POP access for Yahoo and Hotmail is only available to paying members. You have to pay for an account upgrade with Yahoo and Hotmail in order to have POP access through the Sidekick. Gmail is the only free email service that allows free POP access.

New Tricks & Tips

Today, t-Mobile lady clerk who taught me how to trick & tip about my bill access with dialog that tell me How much I owe or see if I paid it off or not..

I knew there is little blurr but you can see it that how much of amount I owe or paid off already.

img38394de.jpg

You just clicking "JUMP" and see "phone", then access into it. dial #225# , then click on "enter". you wait till there dialog appear on screen ... THAT'S IT....... is that so EASSSSY for tricks & tips?

Back