Sidekick 3 !!

Dennis said:
There will be no "VP features" for cell phones in the near future in the U.S.

Japan, Europe, etc. all have NEWER and SMALLER cell phone NETWORKS so they can do it. They don't do it as well as people would like. Don't believe all the advertising you've seen elsewhere. All those ads you see? The picture is often "simulated" and touched up when filmed for TV ads or interviews.

The U.S. is too BIG and too SLOW to do nationwide cell phone VRS/videophone calling at this time. The technology is VERY different from just receiving a live TV broadcast on your cell phone, like you can do with Sprint now with their exclusive "NFL games on your cell phone" deal.

It'd be nice, and it's being worked on probably very hard, but no, it will not be available before, say, 2006 or 2007.

Rocket to Moon - impossible - way back before you were born ...

Anything is possible now or future...

lovesorenson said:
Rocket to Moon - impossible - way back before you were born ...
Hyperbole.

Rocket to Moon wasn't right away. The goal was, and I quote President Kennedy, "Put a man on the moon before the end of the decade." Barely beat that deadline, I tell ya. I don't hear or see anyone promising cell videophones in the U.S. right away.

Anything is possible now or future...

Sure. I agree. Just don't hold your breath or say, "It's coming on the Sidekick 3!"

My audist co worker insists that there is information on the Sidekick III and it's availability date somewhere to be found on the T-Mobile website. I looked and cannot find anything. I'm still calling :bs:

lovesorenson said:
I am sorry to tell you that you are a kind of behind in the Technology era.... Japan deaf people and Sweden deaf people are enjoying their cells that includes VP.
I'm not behind. I already knew that they have phones with VP. It's no problem for those people because they simply talk and only need their own face... and use their hand to hold the phone. In this case, a deaf person would be holding the Sidekick... but how would he/she sign? One hand? If that is the case, they better design it so that it has a good frame size enough to see both the face and hand or I could just face the camera on my own other hand and sign instead. ;)

cental34 said:
My audist co worker insists that there is information on the Sidekick III and it's availability date somewhere to be found on the T-Mobile website. I looked and cannot find anything. I'm still calling :bs:
Your co-worker is probably yanking your chain. ;)

VamPyroX said:
I'm not behind. I already knew that they have phones with VP. It's no problem for those people because they simply talk and only need their own face... and use their hand to hold the phone. In this case, a deaf person would be holding the Sidekick... but how would he/she sign? One hand? If that is the case, they better design it so that it has a good frame size enough to see both the face and hand or I could just face the camera on my own other hand and sign instead. ;)

I agree with you, it's impossible to sign language with 2 hands with a itty bitty device, unless someone invents a portable hologram or a hovering sidekick that floats in the air, lol.

VamPyroX said:
Your co-worker is probably yanking your chain. ;)

Either that... Or he's just as ignorant and doesn't know anymore than anyone else on this thread. After looking good and hard on the T-Mobile website, there is nothing on the Sidekick 3.

tikaltemple2.jpg

Here we all together in the great ol technology temple in our gowns.

AL16-028.jpg
AL16-001.jpg

We're all goin "Yaaah!..Yaaah!..Yaaah!..Yaaah!..."

Waiting for the coming of Sidekick 3!

Richard

Nesmuth said:
Here we all together in the great ol technology temple in our gowns.

We're all goin "Yaaah!..Yaaah!..Yaaah!..Yaaah!..."

Waiting for the coming of Sidekick 3!

Richard

No, we're not. Only those people who are gullible and believe rumors are waiting. They're also the ones who wouldn't buy a Sidekick 3 unless T-Mobile paid them to get the phone, promised them unlimited service and free sexual favors, and then of course, offered video which will magically allow them to sign into thin air and read their minds.

The rest of us, not including you, who are voices of reason here, are trying to prevent this cult mentality that you insist on propogating. Move ON, Richard.

Last Saturday at Deafestival in Van Nuys, Tmobile booth folks say SK3 may be released in March next year. Points to a blackberry like device as what he thinks could be the next sidekick.

Richard

Attachments

• Photo 389.jpg
    Photo 389.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 45
"blackberry like device"?

That doesn't sound like Sidekick 3. Of course, this could be like every other T-Mobile store... "I don't know... maybe that or this."

blackberry like device? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

VamPyroX said:
"blackberry like device"?

That doesn't sound like Sidekick 3. Of course, this could be like every other T-Mobile store... "I don't know... maybe that or this."

or maybe that big tty machine I posted up a few months ago.

Richard

THERE IS NO SIDEKICK 3 IT'S IN THE WORKS BUT IT'S NOT CURRENTLY OUT AT THIS TIME IT WILL BE OUT EARLY SUMMER OF 2006 THAT PIC IS FOR ANOTHER PDA DEVICE // DID YA'LL KNOW THAT U CAN NOW CONTACT TTY CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR T-MOBILE DIRECTLY ?? NO MORE RELAY NESS FOR T-MOBILE AT ALL HIGHLY TRAINED REPS DEDICATED TO TTY CALLS 877-296-1018 MON TO FRI 5AM TO 10PM AND STARTING NOV 14TH 7 DAYS A WEEK WITH THE SAME HOURS GIVE THEM A CALL AND CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE UNDER CONTACT US TAB AT THE BOTTOM IF U DON'T BELIEVE ME :bj:

I'd rather to stick to SK2 for now.... I don't believe in deafie's BS rumors, and I heard SK3 isn't real anyways... So just relax and wait to see what happen instead of being gullible, believe anhything what rumor has to do, and always check before you jump the coluscison.

racheleggert said:
I'd rather to stick to SK2 for now.... I don't believe in deafie's BS rumors, and I heard SK3 isn't real anyways... So just relax and wait to see what happen instead of being gullible, believe anhything what rumor has to do, and always check before you jump the coluscison.
:werd: I'm not like those people who buy a new device every time they release a new one. I usually stick with what I have until it becomes obsolete and a newer version is on sale. For instance, game consoles... I don't buy them when they're released. I wait a while until I see the games that they have released for it. I have a lot of patience and can wait until later.

For Gamecube, I waited and got the Platium Edition later.

For Xbox, I waited and got the Halo Edition later.

For Gameboy Advance SP, I waited and got the Classic NES Edition later.

For Sidekick II, I waited and got it for free.

I'll probably keep my Sidekick II for another year or so... until the Sidekick III is released and offered for free. :thumb:

I agree - just wait and see with how SK3 will turn out next year then. I don't usually buy new things when they come out immediately. I rather wait and see how it works out in the long run, first.

However, it would be nice if SK3 would offer a larger font size (like Blackberry has it), for which it'd be easier to read, instead of "straining" your eyes when using it! :fingersx:

sk3 is supposed to come out summer of 2006 is what we were told at work ( tmobile ) so hopefully they get their acts together and get it out but as of now it's jus a maybe

Back