Show off Your Computer Desk!

Thanks. Please excuse my picture quality. The light behind me shines at my HDTV.

The screen in my netbook got washed out, which is due to not have a lot of settings in my Samsung Ace phone.

I'm thinking of getting a camera -- maybe more than just a "point-and-shoot," so that I can adjust the exposure in a camera.

no worry! it's visible enough for me to :drool: over your big screen tv. mewannastealit

Heh heh! It's been used since January of 2008. I gotta think about replacing my lamp sometime in the future.

*sigh* Gonna have to use it less often...

Oh, and by the way, see my floor lamps in the side of the TV? One is near my HTCP, and one is near my 12" subwoofer.

Plus, my computer is hooked up to my 7.1 receiver, but I only have 5 cheapo speakers that are made of plastic... :(

Heh heh! It's been used since January of 2008. I gotta think about replacing my lamp sometime in the future.

*sigh* Gonna have to use it less often...

Oh, and by the way, see my floor lamps in the side of the TV? One is near my HTCP, and one is near my 12" subwoofer.

Plus, my computer is hooked up to my 7.1 receiver, but I only have 5 cheapo speakers that are made of plastic... :(

Don't get 7.1 sound system. Not many movie have 7.1 so pointless. 5.1 is perfect enough.

Thanks for your useless info but not necessary. :)

Now, back to showing off your computer desk. :)

Go and see thread of my new Desktop!

under "Check it out, yo!"

Fail!

Not rush to show off till you got new desk workstation before show off them in few days or next week. :lol:

I just wanted to show everyone my new PC, don't worry about the desk, I will update the thread with a new photo of the new workstation when it arrives and the PC all fixed up.

I have HDMI port in my new HP laptop. I tried to connect it into my 56" HDTV but picture display is not fully at 80%. How to adjust to make bigger as fully display?

I have HDMI port in my new HP laptop. I tried to connect it into my 56" HDTV but picture display is not fully at 80%. How to adjust to make bigger as fully display?

You need to change the settings to the laptop. I tried the s-video thing with my old laptop last year, it works nicely, but haven't tried with the HDMI cable to the new one yet though.

I finally cleaned the mess off my desk that my new laptop is sitting on. Looks a million better after I took the clutter outta the desk :D

I finally cleaned the mess off my desk that my new laptop is sitting on. Looks a million better after I took the clutter outta the desk :D

I notice your USB adapter into your laptop. how many USB ports does it include?

You need to change the settings to the laptop. I tried the s-video thing with my old laptop last year, it works nicely, but haven't tried with the HDMI cable to the new one yet though.

Yes, it works when change 1280 X 720 display. Thank you, Jake.

I notice your USB adapter into your laptop. how many USB ports does it include?

4 usb ports on the adaptor I got it for $30 at the best buy cuz I got too many usb stuffs and only 3 ports out of the laptop.

I got like external webcam, BB link cable, laptop cooler fan mat, xbox360 controller charger, xbox360 controller wireless receiver and on occasion a digital camera connector cable (I lost it somewhere in the room lol)

4 usb ports on the adaptor I got it for $30 at the best buy cuz I got too many usb stuffs and only 3 ports out of the laptop.

I got like external webcam, BB link cable, laptop cooler fan mat, xbox360 controller charger, xbox360 controller wireless receiver and on occasion a digital camera connector cable (I lost it somewhere in the room lol)

I use USB for my sidekick cellphone, digital camera, MMC/SD reader, USB flashdrives and USB Hub box connecting to my linux lappy.

I don't need USB Hub because I got 7 USB because of desktop. but my ASUS notebook got 3 USB and MacBook Pro got 2 USB, probably need Hub but both of them aren't my main computer use.

I use USB for my BB, XBox 360 wireless game receiver, wireless receiver for keyboard and mouse, Logitech game controller and few others.

For external HDD, I'm looking for eSATA add-on to make fast transfer to external HDD instead of USB or FireWire.

I don't know that you work for wal mart now.

Mac Mini is perfect for media center and connection to LCD (42 inchs or up) for theater. Mac Mini is smaller than laptop and friendly for tv stand space.

Yes, it may be smaller and lighter then most laptops, but that's only because it has no built in lcd and comes with no battery.

Also, the fact that it does not come with a built in screen or battery would make it impractical to use in a classroom setting, which is where a lot laptops are used. It would be sitting at your home on a desk or in a dorm.

If you have the money to get a 42" lcd why hook it up to a mac mini? There are lots of computers out, even a lot of macs, with way more powerful graphics that would work so much better for this type of monitor .. especially if you are gaming.

Yes, it may be smaller and lighter then most laptops, but that's only because it has no built in lcd and comes with no battery.

Also, the fact that it does not come with a built in screen or battery would make it impractical to use in a classroom setting, which is where a lot laptops are used. It would be sitting at your home on a desk or in a dorm.

If you have the money to get a 42" lcd why hook it up to a mac mini? There are lots of computers out, even a lot of macs, with way more powerful graphics that would work so much better for this type of monitor .. especially if you are gaming.

I guess you had no idea what Media center for.

Back