Should Looters Be Shot On Sight?

Reba is 100% correct!....Looters are scum bags...wanting something for nothing and taking advantage of the situation....And do I feel they should be shot on sight?....Yes, I do...they know they are breaking the law...Stealing.

Feel if business owners and home owners post that any Looters would be shot on sight...then there would have been very little looters and less damage to business owners and homes, even Churches....

Unbelievable that anybody would feel sympathy for Looters.

Yes Looters can be scumbags but that doesn't mean Looters deserve go to death row. They just stealing the things deserve go jail. it like someone snatch your purse and get away.... are they deserve go to death rows?? No. you going Shoot at looters like you treating them death row? like they sitting .....in electric chair and kill them instantly when they just stealing stuffs. smh or homeless man steal just a $1.00 soap and you wanna shoot him death. His flesh and soul cost his life than 1 dollar soap. He deserved go to death row for 1 dollar soap?

Yes Looters can be scumbags but that doesn't mean Looters deserve go to death row. They just stealing the things deserve go jail. it like someone snatch your purse and get away.... are they deserve go to death rows?? No. you going Shoot at looters like you treating them death row? like they sitting .....in electric chair and kill them instantly when they just stealing stuffs. smh or homeless man steal just a $1.00 soap and you wanna shoot him death. His flesh and soul cost his life than 1 dollar soap. He deserved go to death row for 1 dollar soap?

I can understand where you are coming from...but I question...if they know they should not steal and there are options avaible to them besides stealing should one just allow them to loot? They take what is not theirs, destroy property just because they can, sometimes beat, rape, or kill people in and around places they are looting.
Their looting can cause the home or business owner to loss job, house, or family can cause depression when so much is lost on top of the natural disaster thus the person may commit suicide....
Shoot a looter and the rest will stop.... Seems easy, don't kill them all just show you are willing to and they are less likely to do it.

I'm a female and live alone....so if I happen to go out...then come back later to find Looters razing my home and stealing my things that I worked so hard for...damn right I'll shoot 'em...Same thing as if I owned a business, spent thousands of $$ getting it off the ground and working days and nights to be able to support my family....and Looters, even robbers come in and stealing everything...Even destroying or burning down my business?...again, damn right they are gonna get shot....

Such as the sign on my door..."Forget the Dog...Beware of the Owner"...

So just shoot the mom looting for diapers, baby formula, etc because she ran out or did not have the means to purchase enough of those items prior to the natural disaster? Now the child, if it survives, grows up without a mother.... sounds like punishment fits the crime.
That's not what happened.

For one thing, stores in a hurricane disaster area don't have any diapers or baby formula--they have bare shelves because all those things are bought out before the the storm hits.

Secondly, looters are seen at athletic clothing stores, electronics stores, convenience stores (beer and cigarettes) and liquor stores--hardly sources of emergency staple supplies.

Within hours, the Red Cross and other agencies were bringing in supplies. Sure, we had to stand in long lines for those things but they were there. In the Charleston area, people stood patiently in those long lines (no fighting).

No mothers were shot, and no babies died from lack of food or diapers. I'm giving you what really happened, not a hypothetical scenario.

well robber forces person by threat ....... looter just fool around building, stealing like somebody else do that same without forcing or threat .

That's not what happened.

For one thing, stores in a hurricane disaster area don't have any diapers or baby formula--they have bare shelves because all those things are bought out before the the storm hits.

Secondly, looters are seen at athletic clothing stores, electronics stores, convenience stores (beer and cigarettes) and liquor stores--hardly sources of emergency staple supplies.

Within hours, the Red Cross and other agencies were bringing in supplies. Sure, we had to stand in long lines for those things but they were there. In the Charleston area, people stood patiently in those long lines (no fighting).

No mothers were shot, and no babies died from lack of food or diapers. I'm giving you what really happened, not a hypothetical scenario.
Understand, I'm responding to the title of this thread. Anyone advocating killing looters as a blanket statement is CRAZY

Contrast that to the complete and utter Lal of response to Katrina. Yes people were looting for necessities to survive. Yet some advocating shooting these victims of a natural disaster.

well robber forces person by threat ....... looter just fool around building, stealing like somebody else do that same without forcing or threat .

Okay, and do you really believe that looters did not do everything I just stated? Causing all that harm, damage to property and individuals?
If you do...you may want to look closer at your news and events....

Okay, and do you really believe that looters did not do everything I just stated? Causing all that harm, damage to property and individuals?
If you do...you may want to look closer at your news and events....
So you want to kill someone over a damn TV?

No homeless men stealing a bar of soap were shot. No one was shot because word was out on the street that looting wouldn't be tolerated.

If someone decides stealing a pair of high-priced basketball shoes or a big-screen TV is worth risking one's life, that's their decision.

After a large natural disaster, the police don't have the time or manpower to go thru arrest and booking procedures with hordes of looters, and often don't even have a building to put them in.

I'm a female and live alone....so if I happen to go out...then come back later to find Looters razing my home and stealing my things that I worked so hard for...damn right I'll shoot 'em...Same thing as if I owned a business, spent thousands of $$ getting it off the ground and working days and nights to be able to support my family....and Looters, even robbers come in and stealing everything...Even destroying or burning down my business?...again, damn right they are gonna get shot....

Such as the sign on my door..."Forget the Dog...Beware of the Owner"...

either unarmed suspect you shoot.... Court might predetermined by state law. all states not same laws. you can look for Trespassing shooting law. they can tell you. Forget the Dog Beware of the owner is not license.

I remember the picture of the Korean family/friends on the roof with guns defending the business the family owned during the Rodney King riot in LA. No one dared to loot their store.

No homeless men stealing a bar of soap were shot. No one was shot because word was out on the street that looting wouldn't be tolerated.

If someone decides stealing a pair of high-priced basketball shoes or a big-screen TV is worth risking one's life, that's their decision.

After a large natural disaster, the police don't have the time or manpower to go thru arrest and booking procedures with hordes of looters, and often don't even have a building to put them in.

i saying example not fact.

you talking about Robbers. not looters.
Looters are robbers. They're worse than robbers. They're not only stealing, they're also destroying property and taking advantage of a disaster that already caused terrible damages.

So you want to kill someone over a damn TV?

No, I hate the idea of killing...but will I over someone just walking in my door without cause ... You betcha. I have no clue if they just want the TV, my money, my or my kid's life, a piece of butt, or what. I ha e no clue what that person will do.
In real life you ha e milliseconds to make a decision flee, fight, or submit... Why leave my kids without a mom because some idiot cannot get a job? Why go through pain that I don't have to because someone else has mama issues. No, I protect myself, my kids, family, and friends with my dying breath. I won't look for trouble, I strongly believe in avoidance and fleeing, but if it breaks in my window or walks through my door....well I have that right and willingness...

Not necessarily. Often the shop owners are in the buildings when they get looted, and they are threatened or harmed.

I remember the picture of the Korean family/friends on the roof with guns defending the business the family owned during the Rodney King riot in LA. No one dared to loot their store.

i remembered Asian owner have camera that showing black lady was flashing Badge and trying to fighting with owner's and stealing their grocery food then female Asian cashier pulled the gun and shot lady's face. So they book her manslaughter.

Back