Should I tell them??

Levonian said:
Well, if you were my daughter, I wouldn’t give a fat rat’s ass whether you’re gay, straight, bisexual, or a three-headed fire breathing newt. All I would care about is that you’re happy, and that hopefully someday you’ll learn that it’s spelled ‘accept’, not ‘except’. ;)

Lol one day i'll learn maybe i day i'm not typeing out of rage see the reasons this all started cause i dumped my bf and i've been still pissed at him ever since anyway i have this girl that likes me and i like her and I wouldn't mind dating her but my parents are gonna get suspicious of only her comming over alot so i figured it was time to tell them i told my sister last night and she really didn't know what to say but said i'm behind you 100% it's making the situation easier knowing i have my sister behind me well it's off to school.

hi there.... i cant imagine being gay... but i am currently dating a lesbian or bi ( whatever ) its a free world though i would rather hang out with lesbians than gay but i have a few gay friends and they r just friends.

Lil_country_gal said:
Lol one day i'll learn maybe i day i'm not typeing out of rage see the reasons this all started cause i dumped my bf and i've been still pissed at him ever since anyway i have this girl that likes me and i like her and I wouldn't mind dating her but my parents are gonna get suspicious of only her comming over alot so i figured it was time to tell them i told my sister last night and she really didn't know what to say but said i'm behind you 100% it's making the situation easier knowing i have my sister behind me well it's off to school.

Have you had a relationship with another girl before? I have to say, my parents never guessed at all about female "freinds" that came over and spent the night. If it were me, I would see how it goes with this girl first before you get your parents all wrapped up in it. No need causing a drama over something that hasn't happened yet.

I have dated a girl before but my parents didn't find out which made me feel like i was cheating my parents out but oh well sory this might take a long time to reply i keep watching this :bump: it's quite amusing if u ask me. anyway i supose i could easly disguise her as just another friend and than my parents wouldn't check on us all the time ohh fun ideas in my head

Lil_country_gal said:
I have dated a girl before but my parents didn't find out which made me feel like i was cheating my parents out but oh well sory this might take a long time to reply i keep watching this :bump: it's quite amusing if u ask me. anyway i supose i could easly disguise her as just another friend and than my parents wouldn't check on us all the time ohh fun ideas in my head

I can see your reason for wanting to talk to them, and if it's the right time for you and them, well, good luck! From what you have said, it sounds like they may be ok with it. You never know - but hopefully they will remember how much they love you when they respond to you telling them.

I know how you feel about not telling parents or wanted to tell parents. There is pros and cons around me, too. I have hard time make them understand or accept me. I always bring girls over my house without any suspense like 'act friend' not making out or kisses, etc. That is true dangeous for them to 'kick out' or whetever u know your parents well. just a bit advise :)

i don't know i mean i have tons of girls who are friends over all the time we go to my room and are never bothered so idk we could walk down there act innocent and i my parents wouldn't know what the hell was happening that's the advatage i see than knowing my parents telling isn't enough i must show so when i'm ready i'll just give my girlfriend a kiss good bye than they'll get it and than knowing them be to embarassed to ask questions

mmmm, sure you can if you are brave enough. i still do have a fear from my families but it will take them longer to understand. see i am in 30something.....tell them special friend then it helps little.

Young lady do what u want!! I f tellin ur parents right now is 2 hard and ur afraid of being outcasted......then don t!! Live ur life as u want!! Now, Miss P. I don t know u personally, but if u r not a lesbian or Bi- sexual, why r u always answering things in The Closest section? I m very proud of who I am, I read a lot of things but I try 2 keep my posts 2 the closet. I know there are many folks young n older who need 2 have some 1 to talk 2 about being gay /lesbian. They either are afraid or cannot talk 2 some 1 about what they are going thru. So, they choose to find some friendly advice or common senseable chat pertaining to being gay/lesbian, on the web. If you cannot give sensible advice or comments that help ppl, please dont comment on things you have no idea on. We went from a young lady asking if she should tell her parents about being a lesbian to Miss P. who says if you have only 1 child you would be mad cause you want grandchildren and you dont want them from a sperm bank? way off track, I think !!! (my personal opinions on this). peace and love 2 all my sisters and brothers living the rainbow life to the fullest, kat :aw: :cheers:

Hey yea i haven't told them i'm gonna let them figure it out on there own knowing them they won't ever lol my secret is safe i think lol

Why is it important to tell the parents what your sexual preference is?

Because my family will strart wondering why i'm not talking as much about guys anymore my parents hate it when i don't tell them anything

Ok, let me get this out with, I am not gay but just helping Lil_country_gal out by putting down my exprience.

I suggest you go for it and hope for the best, sometimes you have to dive in regardless of fear. By the way just ignore Miss P, her grammar is so hideous,
I'm sitting here seizing up from brain overload.

If you let Miss P get to y'all, she already won. And I'm quite sure that none of you want a homophobia person to win, don't y'all.

TEXAN PRIDE!

Hey i haven't told them yet but i do have a girlfriend who i love very much just her parents and friends don't love me anyway if it doesn't work out with her i got another girl here close to me i have a crush on i want to ask out terriabley so we'll see i'll keep you updated

Don't keep secret from your parents if you're gay.

Bi-sexual? I don't think it's necessary to tell.

True can hurt but lie is beyond of pain-in-ass. :)

Back