Should I Get An Implant?

Oh I can look forward to one day not being able to heat my wife's sweet voice or my kids. Ohh joy!!
When my daughter was a baby my oldest sister was visiting us and she started to whistle at my baby and I asked why she was doing that . My sister said she whistle at her first . My daughter knew how to whistle as a baby and I never heard it . :(

aweet_princess I mainly thought of you when I saw this on TV but am posting it here with the thought that others will be interested also. This is from Channel 4 (the CBS station) out of St. Louis, MO and Fenton is a suburb. There is video included which has captions that you need to turn on if you want them. There is an error in the recorded captions that was not in one of the rebroadcasts that I saw. The dentist did not get a CI until she was 30.
http://www.kmov.com/story/32505787/fenton-dentist-office-dedicates-day-to-giving-deaf-people-a-smile

i didnt see any vid for a dentist, when i looked.
are they pushing Ci now with the idea of good smiles? funny, anything to pitch a product i guess. whats next CI for cons in the joint? probably ..anything to leave them smiling all the way to bank....-)
if you've seen the vid did it discuss at all the dentists life up until she was saved with the messiah tech of CI?

i didnt see any vid for a dentist, when i looked.
are they pushing Ci now with the idea of good smiles? funny, anything to pitch a product i guess. whats next CI for cons in the joint? probably ..anything to leave them smiling all the way to bank....-)
if you've seen the vid did it discuss at all the dentists life up until she was saved with the messiah tech of CI?

It looks like you did not really pay attention to what all is included in link! There is a video that you can play right under the headline. It does use Adobe Flash Player. Then go on down and read the article. The dentist does have a CI which I thought would really interest aweet-princess. But the main point as shown on TV and on the station's web site was her offering free services with an ASL interpreters in every room!

It looks like you did not really pay attention to what all is included in link! There is a video that you can play right under the headline. It does use Adobe Flash Player. Then go on down and read the article. The dentist does have a CI which I thought would really interest aweet-princess. But the main point as shown on TV and on the station's web site was her offering free services with an ASL interpreters in every room!

thank you for reading my mind, i went to the link i clicked on the vid provided..yes..and it did not open
is it so much to ask for those posting vids to actually state whats in them?
anyway
so this dentist knows sign? and uses terps in every room?
cool

thank you for reading my mind, i went to the link i clicked on the vid provided..yes..and it did not open
anyway
so this dentist knows sign? and uses terps in every room?
cool

There is a good deal of description under the box with the video if you would have cared to read it and not dismiss the whole thing once CI was mentioned.

i did read it i asked you a question about the vid
no place in the article on the page you posted, did it mention terps or anything at all, so i wonder how close the "description" as you claim it is actually is to the vid. i wouldn't know, after all the vid wont open for me. . thats why its a nice thought to not only post a vid but to also let people know whats in it,

as for you reading my mind or if i care about things or not..
try to get away from attacking the individual ie me
and try though hard it may be, to engage people on their ideas instead...
i asked you a simple question regarding a vid you posted,
and thank for answering..
(shakes head)

i did read it i asked you a question about the vid
no place in the article on the page you posted, did it mention terps or anything at all, so i wonder how close the "description" as you claim it is actually is to the vid. i wouldn't know, after all the vid wont open for me. . thats why its a nice thought to not only post a vid but to also let people know whats in it,

as for you reading my mind or if i care about things or not..
try to get away from attacking the individual ie me
and try though hard it may be, to engage people on their ideas instead...
i asked you a simple question regarding a vid you posted,
and thank for answering..
(shakes head)

Here is what all is written under the video that I thought would be enough.
Fenton dentist office dedicates day to giving 'Deaf People a Smi - KMOV.com

(This is were the box with the video box is)
HARRIS HERO
Fenton dentist office dedicates day to giving 'Deaf People a Smile'

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 6:24 AM CST Updated: Jul 22, 2016 6:25 AM CST Dr. Jessica Nieva (Credit; KMOV)
FENTON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – A Fenton dentist office spent a day giving “Deaf People a Smile.”

Scott Mady was born completely deaf and making a trip to the dentist challenging.

“There’s always a communication breakdown, but when you come here, I was like ‘okay, let’s just see what she has to offer,’” Mady said.

Mady went to Dr. Jessica Nieva, who, along with her husband Abram, own Fenton Family Dentistry.

“For someone who can’t hear real well, to be able to go into a medical or dental office and have their conditions explained to them, the treatment, outcomes explained to them in a way that they can understand is very difficult,” Abram said.

Which gave Dr. Nieva an idea, a whole day, named “Give Deaf People a Smile,” to treat only people who were deaf or hard of hearing.

“The idea came from a great need to take care of these deaf individuals that don’t seek dental care because of communication barriers or lack of insurance,” Jessica said.

There were interpreters in every room and the work was done free of charge.

“I was born profoundly deaf,” Jessica said. “My parents didn’t find out until I was 18 months. I didn’t get a cochlear implant until I was 30.”
Copyright 2016 KMOV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

aweet_princess I mainly thought of you when I saw this on TV but am posting it here with the thought that others will be interested also. This is from Channel 4 (the CBS station) out of St. Louis, MO and Fenton is a suburb. There is video included which has captions that you need to turn on if you want them. There is an error in the recorded captions that was not in one of the rebroadcasts that I saw. The dentist did not get a CI until she was 30.
http://www.kmov.com/story/32505787/fenton-dentist-office-dedicates-day-to-giving-deaf-people-a-smile
I will have to watch this this evening.

Here is what all is written under the video that I thought would be enough.
Fenton dentist office dedicates day to giving 'Deaf People a Smi - KMOV.com

(This is were the box with the video box is)
HARRIS HERO
Fenton dentist office dedicates day to giving 'Deaf People a Smile'

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 6:24 AM CST Updated: Jul 22, 2016 6:25 AM CST Dr. Jessica Nieva (Credit; KMOV)
FENTON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – A Fenton dentist office spent a day giving “Deaf People a Smile.”

Scott Mady was born completely deaf and making a trip to the dentist challenging.

“There’s always a communication breakdown, but when you come here, I was like ‘okay, let’s just see what she has to offer,’” Mady said.

Mady went to Dr. Jessica Nieva, who, along with her husband Abram, own Fenton Family Dentistry.

“For someone who can’t hear real well, to be able to go into a medical or dental office and have their conditions explained to them, the treatment, outcomes explained to them in a way that they can understand is very difficult,” Abram said.

Which gave Dr. Nieva an idea, a whole day, named “Give Deaf People a Smile,” to treat only people who were deaf or hard of hearing.

“The idea came from a great need to take care of these deaf individuals that don’t seek dental care because of communication barriers or lack of insurance,” Jessica said.

“I was born profoundly deaf,” Jessica said. “My parents didn’t find out until I was 18 months. I didn’t get a cochlear implant until I was 30.”

yes i know that. i even stated i have READ what was under the video link.
the video itself has more information then whats in the txt, by your own admission
that's why i did NOT ask you any questions about what i actually read, after all i can read, and asked you instead a question regarding the VIDEO which i cant open..

i have again read the above to make sure i wasn't mistaken. or maybe the English i know is different who knwos.
but where in the above article that you posted does it mention terps?

it doesn't. i only know about the terps involved because it was on the video i cant open, which you can, and you reluctantly it seems, told me..

anyway again, your feelings what ever they may be about me besides,

is it so hard, to post not only a vid, but a write up regarding its contents for the other members here that may not be able for what ever the reason to open the video file? im not asking for a transcription, just a little friendly courtesy, for others in the forum , like me, who may not be able to open the vid you posted.

if indeed that is too much i apologize for asking.

Last edited:
hoichi - I read this in the description:

It's both in the description posted in this thread and in the article. Maybe I'm misunderstanding "terps" - but according to https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/terp it does indeed seem that your question has been answered.

Are you reading AD on a phone? That's probably why you couldn't see the video. Unfortunately people do forget that some people do read AD on their phones or tablets (I read on my PC- easier to see)- and not all phones/tablets are able to do Adobe Flash if indeed that's what the video is. Most sites by now are converting from Flash to HTML5 now anyway- they must be lagging behind.

Are you reading AD on a phone? That's probably why you couldn't see the video. Unfortunately people do forget that some people do read AD on their phones or tablets (I read on my PC- easier to see)- and not all phones/tablets are able to do Adobe Flash if indeed that's what the video is. Most sites by now are converting from Flash to HTML5 now anyway- they must be lagging behind.
Hi Ducky - it is a flash video. Small media sites (such as the one with that video/story) often don't have a lot of budget for their web site, and thus indeed lag behind. Flash will eventually disappear, but it's taking time for that to happen.

All I know is that I had to let Adobe Flash run and mentioned that in the description of the link I was posting. I have never tried to watch a video on a phone or tablet and did not think about others doing so.

Hi Ducky - it is a flash video. Small media sites (such as the one with that video/story) often don't have a lot of budget for their web site, and thus indeed lag behind. Flash will eventually disappear, but it's taking time for that to happen.

Thanks - yep I suspected as much- there are a lot of sites still using Flash- especially older sites. And a LOT of point n click games (I play them a lot)- created by developers or average people who have no budget or income to support that.. or time lol.

Thanks - yep I suspected as much- there are a lot of sites still using Flash- especially older sites. And a LOT of point n click games (I play them a lot)- created by developers or average people who have no budget or income to support that.. or time lol.

And it did seem to be accurately captioned except for one word at the end. There are still places where you have to deal with no captions. Channel 4 does seem to be good about providing them.

yes i know that. i even stated i have READ what was under the video link.
the video itself has more information then whats in the txt, by your own admission
that's why i did NOT ask you any questions about what i actually read, after all i can read, and asked you instead a question regarding the VIDEO which i cant open..

i have again read the above to make sure i wasn't mistaken. or maybe the English i know is different who knwos.
but where in the above article that you posted does it mention terps?

it doesn't. i only know about the terps involved because it was on the video i cant open, which you can, and you reluctantly it seems, told me..

anyway again, your feelings what ever they may be about me besides,

is it so hard, to post not only a vid, but a write up regarding its contents for the other members here that may not be able for what ever the reason to open the video file? im not asking for a transcription, just a little friendly courtesy, for others in the forum , like me, who may not be able to open the vid you posted.

if indeed that is too much i apologize for asking.

i was..
anyway
again is it to much to ask for common courtesy by those posting vids to actually post a description? this is into a question to you ducky its for those who just post vids with no commentary on them..

for those ant open the damn vids...
after all in my eyes it only makes sense..

yes i know its too much to ask them..

moving along.

Back