Should I Get An Implant?

CI cultists always parade the "success stories" while obviously ignoring the larger failures..

what other product ignores the actual end user communities wishes?
which explains allot of that large failure numbers obviously

its the same practice with "oral" success, while ignoring the far far far greater oral "failures"

It was just a story. She had a CI for 20 years so it gives a view over time. Being one of the fist her experience is informative for CI users looking at having a CI over the decades. This is a discussion about CIs. Everything id not propaganda some things are just F.Y.I.

It was just a story. She had a CI for 20 years so it gives a view over time. Being one of the fist her experience is informative for CI users looking at having a CI over the decades. This is a discussion about CIs. Everything id not propaganda some things are just F.Y.I.

yes i'm well aware what this discussion is about thank you.

Plain info for people to digest. The Hybrid is for a specific subgroup of Hoh. Because it is new not many are aware of it effectiveness or ineffectiveness the article was just one of first study of implanted patient. I created a thread information purpose. 'the young lady was one of the first CI in my home state. So a news paper wanted to know how she was doing 20 years later. She could have been doing badly. Not everything is propaganda.

h

but such is the terror and fear of being deaf, they stick with them regardless, better to 'hear' unintelligible noises than nothing ? Believe it ! It may appear irrational to those who are deaf, but it drives all research, all hearing aid improvements, all CI implants, and most oral approaches, it's a real drive to eradicate hearing loss with this sector.

You just gave me better understanding why some deaf so vehemently reject CI.
What the hell is so terrible and fearsome in being deaf?? YOU!

Fuzzy

Plain info for people to digest. The Hybrid is for a specific subgroup of Hoh. Because it is new not many are aware of it effectiveness or ineffectiveness the article was just one of first study of implanted patient. I created a thread information purpose. 'the young lady was one of the first CI in my home state. So a news paper wanted to know how she was doing 20 years later. She could have been doing badly. Not everything is propaganda.

h

ive never stated everything is propaganda
what level of english reading comprehension have you attained?
further and this is for the mods and others reading not you
if you're going to imply what i state or what you think i state pls like a polite adult as others are qoute my actual words and statements
thank you

C
CI cultists always parade the "success stories" while obviously ignoring the larger failures..

its the same practice with "oral" success, while ignoring the far far far greater oral "failures
I Cultist?

You just gave me better understanding why some deaf so vehemently reject CI.
What the hell is so terrible and fearsome in being deaf?? YOU!

Fuzzy

yeah and freud stated everythings a dick...(roll eyes)
your just stating natives are scared of the white man...even though it was the behaviours of the white man that's the clinch and not the color of the skin

so yeah
we scarred boooo.

do we need your permission to be scared for our cultures future at the hands of colonialism? do we? can you grant us the royal assent perhaps in your eyes form you we need?

now obviously i posted a number of highly regarded works of all sorts of scared scared people..clearly according to you
but besides their presumed fear on your part...
what else have you to stated?
oh right
you're not Deaf, you don't sign, your not one of us, your not part of our culture, you haven't read anything at all that i posted to show the numbers...
in short...

if we are scared
your..
......stu...

fill in the rest.

hey, your polish, can i go to a polish board and wag my finger at them about all sort so things, like their language and culture, history, and all that, even though i don't know polish, am not polish and well....
can i can i?
will they appreciate it...
will they take my words for meaning anything other then a....
pst...(take a hint)

C

its the same practice with "oral" success, while ignoring the far far far greater oral "failures
I Cultist?

can you pls be a mature adult and sue the quote function to properly quote me in your statements.
thank you
ist just for easy reading on here for mine and others sake.
we appreciate it.
if due to psychological or mental condition you are unable to use the quote function pls dont hesitate at all to inform me and ill stop asking you to be polite...

yeah and freud stated everythings a dick...(roll eyes)
your just stating natives are scared of the white man...even though it was the behaviours of the white man that's the clinch and not the color of the skin

so yeah
we scarred boooo.

do we need your permission to be scared for our cultures future at the hands of colonialism? do we? can you grant us the royal assent perhaps in your eyes form you we need?

now obviously i posted a number of highly regarded works of all sorts of scared scared people..clearly according to you
but besides their presumed fear on your part...
what else have you to stated?
oh right
you're not Deaf, you don't sign, your not one of us, your not part of our culture, you haven't read anything at all that i posted to show the numbers...
in short...

if we are scared
your..
......stu...

fill in the rest.

hey, your polish, can i go to a polish board and wag my finger at them about all sort so things, like their language and culture, history, and all that, even though i don't know polish, am not polish and well....
can i can i?
will they appreciate it...
will they take my words for meaning anything other then a....
pst...(take a hint)

The F you talking about? I actually took YOUR side.

Fuzzy

The F you talking about? I actually took YOUR side.

Fuzzy

hardly.
may this be a teachable moment for you then

its not about the fear..real or imagined o reven implied
ist about their actual actions and behaviour toward us..our children and babies form the combined system YOU support.

thats what F we are singing about, ..

hardly.
may this be a teachable moment for you then

its not about the fear..real or imagined o reven implied
ist about their actual actions and behaviour toward us..our children and babies form the combined system YOU support.

thats what F we are singing about, ..

Hoichi you're an idiot.
I reffered to the sentence that MM2 wrote:
MM2 said:
but such is the terror and fear of being deaf, they stick with them regardless, better to 'hear' unintelligible noises than nothing ? Believe it ! It may appear irrational to those who are deaf, but it drives all research, all hearing aid improvements, all CI implants, and most oral approaches, it's a real drive to eradicate hearing loss with this sector.

in response to that I've said if there is anything to fear is people who think being deaf is terrible, and it's those people who terrorize the deaf
-not the other way. and MM2 represent those people if she/he believes and supports that.

I do not support that. I do not believe deafness is something to be afraid of, nor am I terrorized by fear of being deaf.
I do not want CI because I am afraid I will go deaf and will have to go Deaf - I want CI because I grew up hearing
(even as badly as I did, but still) and my entire environment is hearing. BUT, if I'd have to go Deaf I'd have no pm with it.

So what the hell are you attacking me for?

Fuzzy

Hoichi you're an idiot.

pls stop with personal insults, thanks yeah i know i'm an idiot, dumb, and all the rest ok moving on

I referred to the sentence that MM2 wrote:

in response to that I've said if there is anything to fear is people who think being deaf is terrible, and it's those people who terrorize the deaf
-not the other way. and MM2 represent those people if she/he believes and supports that.

yes i knwo i read what you wrote. i have read it more then once to make sure i understood.

I do not support that. I do not believe deafness is something to be afraid of, nor am I terrorized by fear of being deaf.

you have made posts on here repeatedly, not just to me but others, in regards to your support for assimilation. we have even argued about it, in numerous locked threads so, pls, come now

I do not want CI because I am afraid I will go deaf and will have to go Deaf - I want CI because I grew up hearing
(even as badly as I did, but still) and my entire environment is hearing. BUT, if I'd have to go Deaf I'd have no pm with it.

So what the hell are you attacking me for?

Fuzzy

im not attacking you.

yes i knwo i read what you wrote. i have read it more then once to make sure i understood.
obviously you didn't

you have made posts on here repeatedly, not just to me but others, in regards to your support for assimilation. we have even argued about it, in numerous locked threads so, pls, come now

yes we did, in regard to the clip "The End".
it was just a forum discussion, theoretical talk, not what I really think.
since we haven't had a chance to finish because the thread got locked, you have no faintest idea of what I truly believe,
only mostly my endless questions and hypothetical scenarios.

im not attacking you.
you are, and I know that by now you know you realized you made big mistake, just as I know you don't have the guts to apologize.
Okay with me.

Fuzzy

obviously you didn't

alright,

yes we did, in regard to the clip "The End".
it was just a forum discussion, theoretical talk, not what I really think.
since we haven't had a chance to finish because the thread got locked, you have no faintest idea of what I truly believe,
only mostly my endless questions and hypothetical scenarios.t

i only know what you think or believe form your words youve posted on here in multiple threads so,
ist good to knwo you don't really believe what you post
i can dig that i can..'-)

ob
you are, and I know that by now you know you realized you made big mistake, just as I know you don't have the guts to apologize.
Okay with me.

Fuzzy

i don't knwo what big mistake you think i made, but if it's any consolation to you
i'm sorry...

now

moving on

The problem in positing on a sign-oriented site, is you aren't going to get unbiased advice regarding Hearing assistance devices.

however, by the same token, how do you get unbiased advice on hearing-oriented site?

It is really a failure to understand the strong need and desire to hear.

again by the same token - isn't it a failure to understand the lack of hearing might not be as terrible as it appears to the hearing?

Like being deaf, hearing was their norm too,

is there any OTHER norm?

It looks even at this topic there is an aversion by some deaf to accept any form of assistance to hear, even hostility towards it.
have you however, personally, been even remotely interested in Deaf Culture, sign language, looking at being deaf, living as deaf
and other whys from the deaf POV?

not ask people who clearly would not have a CI as gift !

never did that stopped you for a minute to wonder "why?"

but such is the terror and fear of being deaf,
obviously, if you live in an intolerant society it can be terrible burden,
but it rather says volumes about the hearing, don't you agree?

Is it based on fear of silence,.

or - is based on fear of being ostracized and persecuted.

Fuzzy

y

now obviously i posted a number of highly regarded works of all sorts of scared scared people..
in short...

I went back to look for that list and can't find it; so it must be in another thread. What I remember of it none of them were truly current publications.

I went back to look for that list and can't find it; so it must be in another thread. What I remember of it none of them were truly current publications.

non of them?
clearly you didn't look up what i gave you then
as most certainly some of them are current further you never asked for last weeks white papers did you?
no
i gave you and everyone here a well rounded span of works ending in current. and yes i have hundreds more and NO i wont bother citing them as you clearly havnt took the time to actually read any, to make these statements.

so if your too lazy to actually look them up and actually heavens forbid READ them, then whatever your loss.

i have only myself to blame here, after all i did state ill hold your hand..so..
damn, i didn't mean literally

Back