Should children be allowed to drink alcohol at home?

Should children be allowed to drink alcohol at home?

• Yes

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
For my view, I do think it is good for kids to have bit of alcohol to helps the kids system to calm down, ever how u make the baby to stop crying?? Try to feed the wine or beer to make it stop cry.

I personally do think it is good why cos it helps them to get bored out of drink at late age also good for having faeces as smooth not hard!

Respectfully disagree!!!!!!!!!

Like what Tousi said, illegal advise.

What you did is an abuse. Never, never, never feed baby and children with alcohol.

If a parent allows a minor child to drink alcohol, how does that parent know that he or she is not triggering an addiction for alcohol?

Do parents intentionally expose their children to other potentially dangerous situations just to "educate" them?

Do you let your young kids:

* experience the flame on the stove

* drive the family car on the interstate without a license

* try various illegal drugs

* tease a strange dog

* play in traffic

* smoke

* huff

Or, do you explain the dangers and consequences, and tell them "don't do it"?

Some kids will disobey and rebel no matter what. But why give their disobedience your blessing?

If drinking alcohol at their age is illegal but the parent allows it, what does the child learn? The child learns it's OK to break laws that you don't agree with.

How do kids learn self control and self discipline?

If a parent allows a minor child to drink alcohol, how does that parent know that he or she is not triggering an addiction for alcohol?

Do parents intentionally expose their children to other potentially dangerous situations just to "educate" them?

* tease a strange dog

* play in traffic

* smoke

* huff

Some kids will disobey and rebel no matter what. But why give their disobedience your blessing?

If drinking alcohol at their age is illegal but the parent allows it, what does the child learn? The child learns it's OK to break laws that you don't agree with.

Play with electrical socket, also same with electrical stuff (PS3, HDTV, PC).

For my view, I do think it is good for kids to have bit of alcohol to helps the kids system to calm down, ever how u make the baby to stop crying?? Try to feed the wine or beer to make it stop cry.

:ugh: I'm glad you're not babysitting my kids.

I personally do think it is good why cos it helps them to get bored out of drink at late age also good for having faeces as smooth not hard!

:jaw: I cannot believe what you are saying here.

* tease a strange dog

* play in traffic

* smoke

* huff

Yes to all, my parents taught me how to do every one you told me, and they taught me how to be mature ;)

* tease a strange dog

* play in traffic

* smoke

* huff

Its about teach to expose the young children into mature is open communcation than forbid all the time. Without parental education, the young children would go wrong path.

Ok ok, my last post seems are boring, so I am going to post a very deeply for your hard questions.

The parents can teach children how to drink, and relax. If parents refuse give the alcohol to the kids, then the kids will sneak away from parents and go to wrong drinkers, which parents could have taught them how to deal with the drinking and being drunk.

That is because parents won't let them to experience and they go other way which are wrong direction instead of follow parent's right way. That just don't applies to strict parents who refuse to drink alcohol, but the children need to experience. The parents are giving them no choice but go wrong way and learning their own.

My parents do, they teach me how to cook :dance2:

That is different story than the drinking alcohol ;) Most of the time, the kids don't need to learn to drive because the parents will just give them the ride, or they can ride the city bus by themselves (speaking of my experience) and yes my parents DID let me ride on the motorcycle on the interstate at my 4 years old and got accident, now I learned my lesson never ride the motorcycle! I am very happy that I didn't save my experience till present, risking my live today no thanks.

The only way for that is when the kids tried themselves and learn their own. If the parents found out they are on the drugs, the parents can do something with the kids. I was used to be a crack addictor when I was 16, and guess who stopped me from using cracks? My parents!

* tease a strange dog

Kid will do that first place, and the parents will caught them, and teach them how to be kind to other pets. The only way when the kids learn how to be REALLY nice to the pets is when the pets fight back. There is nothing parents can do about this.

* play in traffic

That is so different story. I know kids are not that stupid. Plus not many kids was hit by car. What's your complaination about this?

* smoke

Well, I am a smoker since I was 14 years old. You know what my parents taught me? They taught me how to stand up for my rights. Also my parents offered me the non addictive tobacco, and offer me the Hookah, and everything that are way better than the cigarettes, and I learned how to control with my smoking habits. My parents quit smoking before I started smoking. They might pesting me to quit, but they respect me being a smoker as well as I am working on my life very well. Cigarettes is not a biggie, really.

* huff

Offer them the martial art classes. Offer them a self-defense class. I am sure they will be very into it, ratherly than punishing them being anger.

Telling them "Don't do it" just making them feel like they have no choice but lead to wrong direction.

Can you tell me why they will disobey and rebel?

FK LAWS! God don't create laws remmy that, :rofl: All they need is to learn about the people, not the laws. Laws is just making them like a zombie. Law is actually a evil in worldwide. I have been drinking with my families since I was 15 years old, and did we have any problem with the laws? Nope! Law are just preaching on us what to do, while we don't really need to follow, nor learning any new about the law. We learn through the experience with the people, not the rule.

Talk with the kids very calmly. Use a sense of humors alittle. You will get their attention. Just remember, don't make them feel like they are your slave pets.

I feel very thankful to my parents for trying to not being so strictly parents like other my friends. Most of my friends who have strict parents, they usually ran away from the parents, or having problems with parents almost everyday, many horrible things compare with me and my "less strict" parents.

I LOVE YOU MY PARENTS!

*A*M*E*N* to everything what you answered Reba's question, PuyoPiyo. You are very lucky to have parents like this.

I has to agree with you that I have seen a lot of children run away or rebel against strict parents. It's very stressful....

I would answer each of Reba's question but I have a bad flu, a lot of sneeze and sore eyes(summer flu) and severe headache. My severe headache is soon gone - thank to work task to help me to mind my headache off... and continue to drink lemon tea...

I will try to answer each of her questions later when I feel okay.

*A*M*E*N* to everything what you answered Reba's question, PuyoPiyo. You are very lucky to have parents like this.

I has to agree with you that I have seen a lot of children run away or rebel against strict parents. It's very stressful....

I would answer each of Reba's question but I have a bad flu, a lot of sneeze and sore eyes(summer flu) and severe headache. My severe headache is soon gone - thank to work task to help me to mind my headache off... and continue to drink lemon tea...

I will try to answer each of her questions later when I feel okay.

Aww thanks :)

Hope you feel better, take your time to respone :D

Sure they should at home..

Show them how to drink. If they learn it in a pub or party, they might learn to get drunk, instead of learning how to enjoy a wine or a beer...

Like what PuyoPiyo said is enough but I would to add bit.

If the parents didn't teach the children to respect the alcohol then they would end wrong path because they thought alochol is the fun which is not.

We drank alcohol moderately front of our children. (family meal, relax evenings), then they will know what it is about. If we do not drink alcohol moderately front of my children or not teach them to respect alochol then they will end into wrong path thru peers...

Again like what PuyoPiyo said.

If you keep on forbid them to experience and then they will experience behind your back in wrong path. The children need right discipline from the parents than forbid them to experience.

Yes, it's not just stove but 2 fire-places, candles, etc. I taught my children to not touch because they are too hot but I know it doesn't help because they are stubborn curious so I lit a candle and show my toddlers and told them that it's Occchhh hot.... I point my finger near the candle and feeling it's hot... Ouuccchhhh it's hot... They were like not beleive in me and point their finger and feeling it's hot when their finger goes near and near the candle... Oouuccchhh... They know now it's hot... They knew from feeling when they go near as we added the woods to fire places and then keep distance from fire place automatic... and said to me... ooouccch hot... I said Yessss, it's hot ooouuuccchhh... I rather to show them something than forbid them then it will make them curious more and more and then end accident. They look at me cooking... woooowwww ... ouuuccchhh hot... I taught them to blow the hot food gentle before eat them...

Good thing is here in Germany - we parents do not allow to teach our children how to drive. If they want to learn driving then go to driving school. We all are being raised to know if we want to learn how to drive then go to driving school. I know it's different law in America as here in Europe.

What PuyoPiyo said is right.

Good thing is there're school education about drugs, sex education, etc at my boys' school. I allow my boys to read about addiction and TV that's and how the people killed by drug overdose because they have the right to know what it is about. I taught them about drugs, etc. I opened my boys about my sister until they saw themselves that my sister died of drug overdose last year.

* tease a strange dog

Honestly, we have no experience like this here in Germany. My boys are animal lover. They loves to pat strange dogs and cats to the public... I have pets all my life and never experience to tease the pets like this but I know that toddlers hurt the pets by pull the pets' tails etc. My sons were toddlers and pulled cat's tail... Sussi scratched and bite them... They won't pulled Sussi's tail ever again. I would share if I have experience but I don't.

* play in traffic

Again, like what PuyoPiyo said... It's us parent who tell them to not do that again and explain why.

Here in Germany is very strict... We adult and children must stay and wait until the traffic light tell us to walk... I taught my children to wait until the Green light said "Walking" then we walk... If the Red stop said "Don't walk" then we wait. If police sees us ignore the traffic light then we pay penalty fine. Its about children protection.

Oh yes, my 9 years old sister taught me how to smoke when I was 10 years old and don't like it...

Oh yes, my boys experienced smoking out of curiousity at 2 years ago. Should I angry with them for that? No, I educated them positive ... If I punish my boys for that and scream to them "Don't do that again" then they will ignore it because they don't know what it is about because it's just because we are angry and said "Do not that again"... and end to addict smoking more and more...

Again, PuyoPiyo said is correct. Thats' why I got my boys sports and go out bit often than stick front of the computer or watch on TV... Sports helps to rid of aggressive.

I prefer to educate and show them than just tell them "Don't do it".

Depend on parental's form of discipline how to expose the children to disobey and rebel like this. That's why I am for open communication and listen.

Well, the law is for public only, not at parent's house. :)

I taught my children to respect/obey public law and respect/obey my house rule.

This is a difference.

Oh yes they can only if the parents have good patience and talk them very calmly. Help them if they have problems. Use common sense and open mind with them then they will likely to listen their parents and show their understand and make them talk open to their parents easily. If you carry on treat them like that then they will know what right or wrong but keep receive No, no, no, no, punish, punish, scream... bad.... humiliation punishment, etc. etc. it solves nothing but harm self-esteem.

Its about teach to expose the young children into mature is open communcation than forbid all the time. Without parental education, the young children would go wrong path.

I agree with you. I just like (sigh) why everyone think drink is bad bad bad and cause AA problem but no always. Most adults who AA problem don't mean parents fault. Do nothing with parents. AA adults who HIDE from their parents knowledge for drink so end up in AA and wine don't make you AA unlike beer and vodka. Silly!

Open mind is great idea and always tell the truth to whole family. Nothing to hide. Always tell to parents everything what's happen and parents can explain to kids what's happen and no need to be mad. Kids learned lot from parents and be good think in future

Close mind is not good idea since most kids feel not want to talk their parents for what's happen like drink,drug, sex,blah blah. then it make worse in future. Kids don't learn anything then fucked up in future.

AHEM TO Liebling! Your post is really amazing, with very good explaination. Way to go! :)

I agree with you. I just like (sigh) why everyone think drink is bad bad bad and cause AA problem but no always. Most adults who AA problem don't mean parents fault. Do nothing with parents. AA adults who HIDE from their parents knowledge for drink so end up in AA and wine don't make you AA unlike beer and vodka. Silly!

Open mind is great idea and always tell the truth to whole family. Nothing to hide. Always tell to parents everything what's happen and parents can explain to kids what's happen and no need to be mad. Kids learned lot from parents and be good think in future

Close mind is not good idea since most kids feel not want to talk their parents for what's happen like drink,drug, sex,blah blah. then it make worse in future. Kids don't learn anything then fucked up in future.

Yes I am not surprised about this and also agree with your post. You, Cloggy & I are European and know what it is about which total different as Americans. I know some Americans are open minded as well (look example of PuyoPiyo's post).

You will be surprised after read this link where we made hot debated of last year.
http://www.alldeaf.com/topic-debates/23447-should-legal-drinking-age-change.html

I respectfully disagree with you, Because allowing the child to drink alcohol at home is like giving access to alcohol and drugs, not teaching alcohol and drugs are bad.

I know one mother allows her daughter who's 14 to smoke pot around her at home, and did not even quit smoking pot, she's even addict to pot now, in that case it shows that the parents don't care and are letting it happen. Every time I am around that 14 years old teen, She always smelling marijuana :Ohno:

If the rules are you're under age, it's against the law, and a parent let the kid taste it, doesn't sound like parent are good role model to their own kids. :ugh3:

It's best to sit down with your child and use real life examples to illustrate some of the harm that comes to teens who experiment with drugs and alcohol, and this what I believe as a parent. ;)

AHEM TO Liebling! Your post is really amazing, with very good explaination. Way to go! :)

Yup, I made a request for my uncle to buy wine then give to me, also that's no big deal.

btw, I never to drink when on driving or nearly time on work period, it would looks bad for me.

Back