Should a pedophile be granted parental visits?

And again, you are unequivocally wrong in your assumption.

Can I take this to mean that you concede?

No, you can't but to give to Glenn and your request to stay on topic I'll end with an answer to Glenn's post.

Should a pedophile be granted parental visits.

The answer always has been, is and always will be NEVER.
After all, the courts have taking away parental visits right permanently for offenses other than sex crimes.

The End

And, no, I will not be going out to celebrate a "victory".......my thoughts will be on the hundreds of thousands of children who have and will have their lives totally ruin. We, and I do include myself, are all to blame, after all it is OUR system making the decision for the child's life.

It is, and always will be on a case by case basis. The end.

NO...a resounding NO!

Even supervised? It's about a parent who was convicted of sex offense against a child (it doesn't mean his own child). What if the son or daughter wants to see the pedophile?

Again, it's always better to evaluate the case individually.

Even supervised? It's about a parent who was convicted of sex offense against a child (it doesn't mean his own child). What if the son or daughter wants to see the pedophile?

I don't give a rat's ass what "you think is better"....a child is a child is a child....any child....perhaps it hasn't happened to you...or your child...or even a child within your family....whenever it does, you might be singing a different song...

Even supervised, the visit is forced on the child. Have you given thought what goes through the child's mind when an unknown supervisor won't leave the room the entire visit? I'm no mind-reader, but I doubt out is anything other than upsetting.

I don't give a rat's ass what "you think is better"....a child is a child is a child....any child....perhaps it hasn't happened to you...or your child...or even a child within your family....whenever it does, you might be singing a different song...

Um, I am talking about a child wanting to see his parent. Don't you think about the child's right to see his pedophile father?

If a killer kills someone, does that mean he'll also kill his child? No. It's same with pedophiles.

Your OWN experience (and including my sister's horrifying experience with stepfather for years) does NOT change a simple fact that many have different responses to different experiences therefore should be evaluated individually. Some are one time thing, some are chronic, some are so mild, some are violent, and it always come to this simple truth: not all feel the same the way you do.

Even supervised, the visit is forced on the child. Have you given thought what goes through the child's mind when an unknown supervisor won't leave the room the entire visit? I'm no mind-reader, but I doubt out is anything other than upsetting.

Courts generally do not allow parental visits if it's "forced" and is not favorable in the best interest of children.

But what if a child WANTS to see them?

That is just my point! The child wants to see the parent but does not understand why these outside strangers are there. It is upsetting to the child because they have no idea of what is happening. Can you imagine the childing hearing the supervisor saying "That is not allowed!" in front of the child?

Forced? Have you seen how it is supervised? It may be unobtrusive.

Do you have actual knowledge on the process of how a supervised visit works?

Forced? Have you seen how it is supervised? It may be unobtrusive.

Do you have actual knowledge on the process of how a supervised visit works?

I don't have actual knowledge of a person putting a gun to the head and pulling the trigger but the results can not be good. So YOU have to admit the child can not be totally prepared for a visit and things could go downhill quick.

I can "see" this happening....Little boy asking.."Mom, where's Dad?"...she says, "oh, he gone for awhile, son...why did he leave?....Well...he did something very wrong to another child....what did he do?....(Mom struggling to find the words to mask the horrifc crime the Dad did)...."well, he touched and he hurt another child....Son asks...."will he do that to me?"...Mom says..."I don't think so...and tries to change the subject......"Was it my friend at school?"...Everybody is saying my Dad raped my friend at school...."what is rape"?....Mom can't answer that, or even "explain" that to a child!

Mom says..."Your Dad want to see you in prison....do you want to see your Dad?"....And the child is 5 years old.....

I don't have actual knowledge of a person putting a gun to the head and pulling the trigger but the results can not be good. So YOU have to admit the child can not be totally prepared for a visit and things could go downhill quick.
I don't have actual knowledge about how a supervised visit works either.

How this is done is decided by psychologists, judges, etc...people who have actual knowledge, training, and experience that far outweighs what I know about such situations. So I leave this kind of thing to people who know more than I do and I stick to things I know about.

That is why visits are supervised. They can be stopped at any time by the supervisors.

I can "see" this happening....Little boy asking.."Mom, where's Dad?"...she says, "oh, he gone for awhile, son...why did he leave?....Well...he did something very wrong to another child....what did he do?....(Mom struggling to find the words to mask the horrifc crime the Dad did)...."well, he touched and he hurt another child....Son asks...."will he do that to me?"...Mom says..."I don't think so...and tries to change the subject......"Was it my friend at school?"...Everybody is saying my Dad raped my friend at school...."what is rape"?....Mom can't answer that, or even "explain" that to a child!

Mom says..."Your Dad want to see you in prison....do you want to see your Dad?"....And the child is 5 years old.....

Rockin robin, that's the way it is. "Your dad did a wrong thing, he touched a child the wrong way and he got in trouble."

What's so hard about it?

Many children love their parents, even if their parents did something wrong to other people. For two years, I've taken care of a young boy whose mother stabbed him in his eye with a fork and smoked crack while she was pregnant with him.

Even though his mother lost custody of that boy, he still sees her once a month and still loves her. I hate that bitch with passion (I really do, it's NOT just because of what she has done to him but I also consider her pure white trash and I hate her bigoted views) but I would never say that to him.

You don't seem to grasp the concept of complex dynamic relationships among kids and adults in many ways (mental, physical, emotional and everything). That's why I don't like to brush all with one brush.

Umm.....not the information we (Me, BeachGirl and Jiro) asked for though. *shrug* We wanted to see the "special" stuff. :)

Posted plenty of citations for articles in professional journals. Use that which was provided to read the same research I read. Nothing secret about it. Appears to be more a lack of effort on your part than anything else. Another reason why I am reluctant to post sources. You complain about wanting them, and when they are provided, do not access them, but instead find something else to complain about. It is quite obvious that your motivation is not to educate yourself, but rather simply to instigate.:cool2:

Then scroll back in this thread. I described supervised visitation for sexual abuse cases very clearly.

Back