Should a pedophile be granted parental visits?

2006 is current. Yiz's was from farther back than that. Plus, Yiz was citing data, I am not. It is still 8%. That also means a 92% non-recidivism rate.

Apples to oranges. No comparison whatsoever. But nice attempt at deflecting the topic.

The topic remains the same! To the child, offenders can not be around a child. Maybe the court and/or the "doctor" will allow these offenders around children, even with no guarantee of no recidivism. Seems to me, and I only speak for myself, you don't give a damn about children. I might be wrong in that but I have yet to see a post by you strongly speaking of the rights of the child and a strong disdain for the offenders.

Last edited:
The topic remains the same! To the child offenders can be around a child. Maybe the court and/or the "doctor" will allow these offenders around children, even with no guarantee of no recidivism. Seems to me, and I only speak for myself, you don't give a damn about children. I might be wrong in that but I have yet to see a post by you strongly speaking of the rights of the child and a strong disdain for the offenders.

No it doesn't. And I explained in my reply to Glenn exactly why you can't make those comparisons.

I can tell you unequivocally that you are wrong in that.:cool2:

Keep reading. You will learn much.

Nope. Not at all. My point was that recidivism rates for pedophillia were very low and that it was ameniable to treatment. I have proven that several times over. Keep reading. It will come clear.

More than 0% is a crime against children in itself.

Last edited:
More than 0% is a crime against children in itself.

The topic is should a pedophile be granted visitaiton rights with their child. I don't have any idea where you are going with this. There is no such thing in life as a 0%.

According to the topic, those that believe a pedophile is at great risk for re-offending are wrong. That is why these visitation cases are taken on a case by case basis, and many things are considered when a decision is made.

You are proposing punishing someone where there is a >92% probability that they will do nothing to be punished for.

I don't agree with this. These diseases affect families of the affected person. They affect victim of crimes commited by them too, such as DUI. They affect productivity of businesses. And so on.

You don't have to agree Glenn but look at out this way. It is NOT illegal to get drunk, you can be drunk at home because you want to. No "treatment l, no "doctor", no court, etc. is going to stop you, only you can stop yourself. It is NOT illegal to do drugs, you can do them in your own home. Granted, you can not buy nor sale but once you have them, there is no law that says you can't use them.

You don't have to agree Glenn but look at out this way. It is NOT illegal to get drunk, you can be drunk at home because you want to. No "treatment l, no "doctor", no court, etc. is going to stop you, only you can stop yourself. It is NOT illegal to do drugs, you can do them in your own home. Granted, you can not buy nor sale but once you have them, there is no law that says you can't use them.

Where exactly is it not illegal to do drugs? There are plenty laws that say you can't use them.

But again, addictions have nothing to do with pedophillia.

The topic is should a pedophile be granted visitaiton rights with their child. I don't have any idea where you are going with this. There is no such thing in life as a 0%.

According to the topic, those that believe a pedophile is at great risk for re-offending are wrong. That is why these visitation cases are taken on a case by case basis, and many things are considered when a decision is made.

You are proposing punishing someone where there is a >92% probability that they will do nothing to be punished for.

Do you want to put a stop to birth defect? Put a stop to HIV/AIDS? I do. Will it happen? No but still one child born with a birth defect or HIV/AIDS is one too many.

Do you want to put a stop to birth defect? Put a stop to HIV/AIDS? I do. Will it happen? No but still one child born with a birth defect or HIV/AIDS is one too many.

Completely off topic. Has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Try to stick to the topic and stop bringing in all of these innane comparisons.

Where exactly is it not illegal to do drugs? There are plenty laws that say you can't use them.

But again, addictions have nothing to do with pedophillia.

In your own home...but if you notice this was for Glenn's post.

Completely off topic. Has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. Try to stick to the topic and stop bringing in all of these innane comparisons.

I'm just trying, really going against all hope, you will show some compassion for the children. You seem to have a lot of compassion for the offenders.

I'm just trying, really going against all hope, you will show some compassion for the children. You seem to have a lot of compassion for the offenders.

And again, you are unequivocally wrong in your assumption.

Can I take this to mean that you concede?

....OK, but we are not on topic here.

Should a pedophile be granted parental visits?

<8% recidivism rate is not showing compassion for offenders. It is a fact shown by data.

:wtf:

Now, now, TXGolfer...even you should know that only cowardly bullies get together to plan a 2 man attack.:nono:

Start reading. You have less time to play games.

2 man attack? I simply asked you for the information you claim to use.

Back