Sheriff Arpaio Spanked

I feel that my second statement is on topic and not far off from what the latino people are experiencing. Even if to a milder degree. Getting pressured by the police because of what you look like isn't fun. Even if all they do is ask questions it's still intimidating and embarrassing. When people see you being questioned they assume you've done something wrong. The police try to be as persuasive as they can within their limits (and sometimes not) It's upsetting and generally ruins my day.

I guess that depends on the person. It didn't bother me at all. *shrug*

I guess that depends on the person. It didn't bother me at all. *shrug*

That doesn't affect my right not to be harassed.

If you left it up to the discretion of the local departments at what point is to much for you? When DHS shows up to check on your kids for a routine check? Or animal control wants to check on your animals just to make sure they're all good? Well lets just come into your house and see what's in your bedroom, oh you don't mind if we look into your underwear drawer just to make sure there are no drugs in there do you? Oh no? Why? Do you have something to hide?

That doesn't affect my right not to be harassed.

If you left it up to the discretion of the local departments at what point is to much for you? When DHS shows up to check on your kids for a routine check? Or animal control wants to check on your animals just to make sure they're all good? Well lets just come into your house and see what's in your bedroom, oh you don't mind if we look into your underwear drawer just to make sure there are no drugs in there do you? Oh no? Why? Do you have something to hide?

:roll:

No troll, it was not.

Whats with the name calling? You've used the "if you've got nothing to hide"argument twice now and it's offensive. I used an extream example to illistrate that it's not a valid argument.

Whats with the name calling? You've used the "if you've got nothing to hide"argument twice now and it's offensive. I used an extream example to illistrate that it's not a valid argument.

*nods* I thought you were going back to the topic.

Also
*extreme
*illustrate

It is on topic. You said that the constitution hinders local officials from doing their job and that the people complaining have nothing to fear if they've done nothing wrong.

I say the only thing protecting the people is the constitution and that they shouldn't have to live with being harrased. And that the other argument isn't valid. Yes my example was extream. It points out that no matter how extream there is no argument against it. I could say everyone needs to have cameras in every room including the bathroom so the goverment can make sure your not doing anything wrong. You've got nothing to hide right? We all know that is not a valid argument so it makes it easier to see than with something that sounds more reasonable.

It is on topic. You said that the constitution hinders local officials from doing their job and that the people complaining have nothing to fear if they've done nothing wrong.

I say the only thing protecting the people is the constitution and that they shouldn't have to live with being harrased. And that the other argument isn't valid. Yes my example was extream. It points out that no matter how extream there is no argument against it. I could say everyone needs to have cameras in every room including the bathroom so the goverment can make sure your not doing anything wrong. You've got nothing to hide right? We all know that is not a valid argument so it makes it easier to see than with something that sounds more reasonable.

Wow. :dizzy:

Old clothes, old car. It's a notorius high end yuppy town. They don't like the riff raf hanging around. It got pretty bad for a while until a new police cheif got voted in and he put an end to it.

If i recal it was probably a flanel and jeans.

Back