Shale Boom in Texas Could Increase U.S. Oil Output

Everything bad comes from the Left. All good comes from the Right.

If oil companies are unable to drill in the Gulf, `Atlantic and Pacific ocean, why is that? Who made sure of that? Wouldn't that affect the oil companies' bottom line when it comes to profit margins?

How do oil companies bump their prices when I see speculators driving the cost of oil? Do supply and demand affect gas prices more so than the supposed "bumping of the price of gas at the pump"? Are you not adverse if the administration attempt to force gasoline prices to $8 a gallon?
I repeat my new mantra above.

When a food company wants to make bigger profits, they create a "new and improved" package size that is smaller. Since the size of a gallon remains constant, why should an oil company feel forced to not increase their price? Could it be something related to competitive pricing? Maybe Exxon does not want to drive away customers to BP by raising their price.

BTW..... California is beyond bankrupt.....it's destroyed....most likely permanently. When state leaders start asking People they Despise for advice the game is pretty much over.
And it all started when Jerry Brown was sworn in. :P

I repeat my new mantra above.

When a food company wants to make bigger profits, they create a "new and improved" package size that is smaller. Since the size of a gallon remains constant, why should an oil company feel forced to not increase their price? Could it be something related to competitive pricing? Maybe Exxon does not want to drive away customers to BP by raising their price.

So, oil companies are solely responsible in setting the price in a speculative market?

Exxon-Mobil's profit margin = 9.34% (source)

Exxon-Mobil made so much money in its first quarter that they apologized (source) :lol:

methinks oil companies are doing just fine (source)... :)

You know, American corporate tax rates are pretty much the highest in the world. It's no surprise that they reinvested billions of what would have been collected for income tax. All of these investments went overseas.

So, oil companies are solely responsible in setting the price in a speculative market?
So, a company cannot add a hidden "research and developement fee" to the price at the pump? They are regulated the same way as milk? Are you serious? Why are they in business if it is so unfair? Exxon Mobil was the most profitable company IN THE WORLD. Why wouldn't they jump ship and invest in several pharmaceutical and soft drink operations?

So, a company cannot add a hidden "research and developement fee" to the price at the pump? They are regulated the same way as milk? Are you serious? Why are they in business if it is so unfair? Exxon Mobil was the most profitable company IN THE WORLD. Why wouldn't they jump ship and invest in several pharmaceutical and soft drink operations?

If they invest billions of dollars on development, infrastructure, exploration and what not then surely they would expect some billions in return in the form of profit. They invest billions of their money each year. I'm not quibbling over that. Oil and gas have made our lives so much easier and enjoyable compared to other countries who do not have the luxuries we have.

California is pretty rich in oil. :hmm:

with tarnished beach front.....

bay-area-oil-spill.jpg

Ohhhh. Don't tell californians that..... They think they are the cleanest state around. :lol:

lol, I'm ex-Californian and I don't see CA as one of most cleanest state ever. :ugh: :lol:

BTW..... California is beyond bankrupt.....it's destroyed....most likely permanently. When state leaders start asking People they Despise for advice the game is pretty much over.

not permanently but really very long time, similar to Japan.

Ohhhh. Don't tell californians that..... They think they are the cleanest state around. :lol:

Yeah, and they disguise it into a touristy spot like the La Brea Tar Pits as if it was some unnatural phenomenon of nature where unlikely animals at the time fell into it. California and off coast, they just literally leak oil naturally. Despite that, there's no denying that California is literally an oil rich country.

California's Profitable Shale Oil Scene

the problem with the shale is that it costs alot more money, and takes alot more effort then standard drilling. It's also ALOT more dangerous, because what "fracking" is, is basically pumping thousands and thousands of PSI down into the well hole and "fracturing" the rock so that the oil can be released. I find it very difficult to believe that it is any more destructive then standard drilling. How come i dont see any of you tree huggers crying when tornados/floods/volcanoes/other natural disasters destroy hundreds of thousands of acres and cost billions of dollars in damage annually? shouldnt you be protesting the weather god or something? the weather causes far more damage then any manmade operation ever could hope to. OH! thats right, the weather could care less what you think, so you cry to us fellow humans. :)

the problem with the shale is that it costs alot more money, and takes alot more effort then standard drilling. It's also ALOT more dangerous, because what "fracking" is, is basically pumping thousands and thousands of PSI down into the well hole and "fracturing" the rock so that the oil can be released. I find it very difficult to believe that it is any more destructive then standard drilling. How come i dont see any of you tree huggers crying when tornados/floods/volcanoes/other natural disasters destroy hundreds of thousands of acres and cost billions of dollars in damage annually? shouldnt you be protesting the weather god or something? the weather causes far more damage then any manmade operation ever could hope to. OH! thats right, the weather could care less what you think, so you cry to us fellow humans. :)

You can't compare the oil pollution with weather.

Humans do cause oil pollution.

Humans don't anything with weather because it is nature of cause.

Sorry, I don't believe in the God!

Well we can't do anything about tornados and other natural diasters. You can't sue Mother Nature. :P

Last edited:

That's not stopping the oil companies since they are still making money that way using the new technology. The Bakken oil fields of North Dakota fracking is being done. I know about "fracking.":wave: Hydraulic fracturing is also used in subsurface bioremediation efforts on forcing remaining DNAPL (Dense Nonaqueous Phase Liquid) contaminants out of porous or semi-porous rocks beneath the ground through various processes.

That's not stopping the oil companies since they are still making money that way using the new technology. The Bakken oil fields of North Dakota fracking is being done. I know about "fracking.":wave: Hydraulic fracturing is also used in subsurface bioremediation efforts on forcing remaining DNAPL (Dense Nonaqueous Phase Liquid) contaminants out of porous or semi-porous rocks beneath the ground through various processes.

and you will enjoy to pay high gas price for sure.

Yes, we would all like oil to be cheaper but would be better not to use it at all. Shale oil or fracking is so destructive that residents of Colorado and Alberta were able to set their tap water on fire. No exaggeration. If you do your research on fracking, you would realize it's a very very very bad idea.
Meanwhile, here's some info: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/561/017/762/?z00m=19988841

Yes, we would all like oil to be cheaper but would be better not to use it at all. Shale oil or fracking is so destructive that residents of Colorado and Alberta were able to set their tap water on fire. No exaggeration. If you do your research on fracking, you would realize it's a very very very bad idea.
Meanwhile, here's some info: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/561/017/762/?z00m=19988841

.: U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works :: Minority Page :.

Back