Shale Boom in Texas Could Increase U.S. Oil Output

Breaking point? Hardly. Earth and nature are quite resilient. I think you meant about certain wildlife species that are at risk which is a different story. We're here in a geologic blink of an eye. We'll come and go.

so you want us to "go" in a short time?

I already provided links to documents where I got my information from in support of my arguments and standings on the subject of hydraulic fracturing, geology and groundwater. In it includes quotes from those documents. Mulling about the possibility of my "plagiarizing" shows a complete and total disengenious attempt on your part, Beowulf, to try and somehow "prove" something nefarious about my writings. Guess what? Nice try.

Nope. Still plagiarizing if you try to make it sound like your words, since you did not use quotation marks. Believe me, we already know of your attempts to appear more knowledgeable than you actually are.

"Of the "4,528 (groundwater) samples collected and analyzed for volatile organic compounds (mostly benzene, toluene, styrene, and xylenes)" from 1979 to 2006, in Pennsylvania, 23.5 percent exceeded the MCL (maximum contaminant level). Pretty telling, huh? And this was before hydraulic fracturing which began in 2007."

And where do those VOC's come from? Natural oil or pollution?

oil shale... oil shale... oil shale... oil shale... oil shale...

Kokonut, it is getting old now and you should get over with high gas price so looking for alternative that you could find.

"Of the "4,528 (groundwater) samples collected and analyzed for volatile organic compounds (mostly benzene, toluene, styrene, and xylenes)" from 1979 to 2006, in Pennsylvania, 23.5 percent exceeded the MCL (maximum contaminant level). Pretty telling, huh? And this was before hydraulic fracturing which began in 2007."

And where do those VOC's come from? Natural oil or pollution?

VOC - both. And it doesn't mean oil or natural gas per se. Just any organic compounds. The BTEX (as it is commonly called, benzene, toulene, ehthylbenzene, and xylene). This includes gasoline and diesel components such as leaks from pipeline and underground stotage tanks at gasoline stations where you can look for BTEX signatures. Benzene is the most mobile (and most toxic) of the four when it comes to contaminating the groundwater. With high number of sites detected for Benzene that exceed the MCL can mean mostly one thing, and that's natural gas is in the area.

"Anybody who supports this idea should drink the water affected from this process. " If I could "like" this a hundred times, I would! I like you, deafskeptic :)
And let's add a little lithium to that water, just for good measure!:P

I already provided links to documents where I got my information from in support of my arguments and standings on the subject of hydraulic fracturing, geology and groundwater. In it includes quotes from those documents. Mulling about the possibility of my "plagiarizing" shows a complete and total disengenious attempt on your part, Beowulf, to try and somehow "prove" something nefarious about my writings. Guess what? Nice try.

All this is is a bunch of shameless self promotion. DeafCaroline has already shown more intelligence, understanding, and clear thinking in a few mere posts than you have shown on this topic in the volumes you have posted on this forum.

BTW...that thread tells us nothing about your thesis...except that you claimed to have written one.

I agree with Beowulf. The consistency in thought process and also in writing style is to changeable to be your own original thought.

oil shale... oil shale... oil shale... oil shale... oil shale...

Kokonut, it is getting old now and you should get over with high gas price so looking for alternative that you could find.

for one sec - I really thought you said "old stale old stale old stale" :lol:

Back