Senior Citizen Thread

I am grandfathered in with my health and dental plan. Am in the process of getting dental implants at the moment. It is very slow going and you cannot eat much, just soft foods. I am fortunate to have a granddaughter who sells Herbalife. So you might say that I drink my dinner!
You are very fortunate indeed to have a dental plan. We don't have one and have to pay cash for our dental work. We will probably need to get dental implants in the near future; not sure how to pay for them.

VA doesn't normally cover dental for veterans unless the problem is service connected, such as from a war wound. I might be able to get a dental rider on my Tricare (military retired) insurance. I need to find out how much it costs, and what it covers.

Its something to look into Reba.

Never give up. An old saying never give up look and seek and you will fine the answer.

It does cost a lot of $$$$$$ dental that is everywhere.

Train

VA doesn't normally cover dental for veterans unless the problem is service connected, such as from a war wound. I might be able to get a dental rider on my Tricare (military retired) insurance. I need to find out how much it costs, and what it covers.

I think you could get a dental insurance for $30 per month.

You are very fortunate indeed to have a dental plan. We don't have one and have to pay cash for our dental work. We will probably need to get dental implants in the near future; not sure how to pay for them.
My insurance is not free, I have to pay for it monthly, but being grandfathered in, they cannot kick me out no matter how expensive I become. I also have to pay a $30.00 fee each time I visit the doctor. I get a small discount on my meds. 'Being past 65, I also have medicare. So all in all I am in good shape but it still costs me!

My mother has no assets so she gets medicare and medicaid and virtually pays zero for medications and no co-payment for doctor's visits. She was in the hospital for a month I think and it cost her no more than $100. It's a shame that you have to have nothing in order to get 100% coverage.

My insurance is not free, I have to pay for it monthly, but being grandfathered in, they cannot kick me out no matter how expensive I become. I also have to pay a $30.00 fee each time I visit the doctor. I get a small discount on my meds. 'Being past 65, I also have medicare. So all in all I am in good shape but it still costs me!

You have repeated a word "grandfathered" which puzzled me. What do you mean by that? I am not familiar with that word. If you are talking about your grandfather or someone's grandfather. That would be different but you have worded in a different way. So I am at loss what you said in the English language. That is new to me. Can you explain that to me? :hmm:

It is a feature or service that is not longer for sale to new customers. But those that already have it can keep it. It has come to be referred to as something that is "grandfathered". It is not referring to an individual.

You can bring the food home to eat later on. I do this when there is too much food to eat. That is silly stuffing yourself when you're full. You can get heartburns overeating.

Unfortunately, fast food is rarely "good" the next day. I don't care for it myself. I really hate when they pile up my dish, I mean I just can't eat that much and it kinds of gets me a little sick trying. Sadly really good restaurants are the opposite, they're skimpy with their servings and high on price. Can't win, can you?

Unfortunately, fast food is rarely "good" the next day. I don't care for it myself. I really hate when they pile up my dish, I mean I just can't eat that much and it kinds of gets me a little sick trying. Sadly really good restaurants are the opposite, they're skimpy with their servings and high on price. Can't win, can you?

When I'm going move back to Washington DC in August, I avoid oily, greasy fast food, however; I only eat Chipotle, Potbelly, Shake Shack, Panera Bread and other causal fast food. I usually eat at restaurant every weekend.

Kitty I hope they have not scared you :)

Where are you Kitty?

Kitty and the seniors.

What happened Kitty?

Trainman

1779793_593782490715324_1712288937_n.jpg

Back