Senior Citizen Thread

Happy Birthday Reba and welcome to the seniors club.

Trainman
Thank you but birthday isn't until March 30. :)

Seniors club, yes. Besides, I don't mind asking at businesses, "Do you have a senior discount?" :lol:

I found out from my mother that some restaurants let seniors order from the children's menu because the portions are smaller and cheaper.

Seniors club, yes. Besides, I don't mind asking at businesses, "Do you have a senior discount?" :lol:

That's my sister's birthday too. She'll be 74. :o

Yep, when I remember, I ask for the senior discounts. Maybe they offer those because they know seniors tend to be forgetful. :giggle:

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

That is nothing to be ashamed of, you should feel proud to be able to share your vast experience with every one here. Smile.

I did not get the feeling the person was ashamed of being 77 , it sound like they where joking around.

Trainman, I want to let you know that you should not post either the videos or comments for long time like from 15 minutes to half an hour or more. I could not take it if that is too long. A five minutes video or short story would be okay. I just don't watch it or read too long. I love the short ones better. I did not mean to put you out, but that is how I feel about what you put a lot of videos and comments. Just take it easy on us. Thank you. :)

Hey Reba that is my husbands birthday too. Great day to be born.

Passing out "seniors" exercise-Swing dancing.

Tonight Toronto Swing Dance Society-swinging away.

aside: real Cochlear Implant exercise-if one wears one.

I am grandfathered in with my health and dental plan. Am in the process of getting dental implants at the moment. It is very slow going and you cannot eat much, just soft foods. I am fortunate to have a granddaughter who sells Herbalife. So you might say that I drink my dinner!

I found out from my mother that some restaurants let seniors order from the children's menu because the portions are smaller and cheaper.

I went out to eat and ordered an appetizers , it was cheaper than a meal and I had food to bring home. I really can't see why a restaurant would mind a person ordering off a child menu. The restaurant I went to let you order half a meal and pay less. I think that is a nice idea. People do not have use the kid menu.

Thats a lot of pain Kitty

That must be painful having that done to you.

So sorry and hope you do not feel so much pain.

I was going to say keep smiling but that would hurt to do :)

I will send you a get well card.

Trainman

I'm not eligible but I think it's a wonderful idea. It might coax some lurkers out their shell and introduce themselves. :)

Laura

I have found that most restaurants serve way too much food for one meal. I always left feeling groggy! I started ordering just soup! In a Mexican restaurant the soup is a meal in itself. I am very fortunate to live close to a good one! Shrimp/tortilla soup is my favorite.

I have found that most restaurants serve way too much food for one meal. I always left feeling groggy! I started ordering just soup! In a Mexican restaurant the soup is a meal in itself. I am very fortunate to live close to a good one! Shrimp/tortilla soup is my favorite.

You can bring the food home to eat later on. I do this when there is too much food to eat. That is silly stuffing yourself when you're full. You can get heartburns overeating.

I have found over the years that when I take home a doggie bag I wind up finally throwing it out. To me, Chinese is the only one that tastes good the 2nd day. But to each his own. I love my soup.

I have found over the years that when I take home a doggie bag I wind up finally throwing it out. To me, Chinese is the only one that tastes good the 2nd day. But to each his own. I love my soup.

I mostly go out for lunch to eat. It cost more to eat out for dinner . If I have any food left over I have it my dinner. Most restaurants are too noisy at dinner time in my city , they have music playing or a live band or the bar is very loud . I have trouble hearing I noisy place.

Back