Selling and moving....

Sharky99

Reaction score
I am gonna be selling the farm and it is listed for sale.. so the next step for me to do is get the hosued tidied up and make sure everything is in order.. and also to make sure that is good enough for the real estate agent to bring in some possible buyers to look around the farm house and etc.. I wont know when the house will be sold or so.. and I am trying to see if I can find a nice place to live.. an apartment in the city (there is a deaf center apartment which is nice except for the suite size which irks me as I cannot imagine putting some of my funiture in there as it might be a problem...) and also maybe a small house would be ideal for me.. the auction for the equipment and also anything in the house I can put up for auction that I can do and some of the other items I will keep to store in case I do move into a bigger house in a few years or so.. the auction is set for May 12th I believe and I cannot imagine what it will be to leave this home for good after over 30 years there...also I cannot imagine how this house will look without mom and dad there and also it gonna be painful for me to have to leave finally.. at least I can look forward to the next chapter of my life somehow.. and I will bring some memories with me from this house to the next place I do find...

It will be okay. :hug: All your memories will never die and you keep it going. You wont forget your parents and all the memories that you had with them and on the farm and in the house. Everything will be okay, I know it will be so hard at first then it will be a little better later on. I will keep you in my prayers and things will work out for the best. :hug: God bless you!

Wish you all the best in moving into a new chapter but it will be very hard to do that but time will help you along the way and u will always will carry the memories with you in ur heart and in some of the valuable things that remind u of the happy times and the sad times together as a family before the chain was broken. Keep hanging in there and just take a step at a time and things will eventually fall into place before you realised it. Best of luck to you.

I do hope the best for you and getting the 'best' offer for the farm, land and house. Also, wishes you the best in finding a nice cozy place to live...however, there's plenty of spaces down here in the states my friend...hmm...could California be a good place? :D

Anyhow...keep us AD'ers updated with any new developements and hang in there too!

~RR

I do hope the best for you and getting the 'best' offer for the farm, land and house. Also, wishes you the best in finding a nice cozy place to live...however, there's plenty of spaces down here in the states my friend...hmm...could California be a good place? :D

Anyhow...keep us AD'ers updated with any new developements and hang in there too!

~RR

Northstar,

I know everything will be okay, this is a new life for you to get the best out of exploring life, meeting new friends and do keep us updated what's going in your life. Like RR said, plenty of spaces down here in the states referring to one particular Golden state is a great recommendation :giggle:

I know you will be happy where ever you decide to reside and have your bachelor pad..it will take time and the hardest part is letting go of the house and its memories it brought you..:hug: I am here for you and so are the rest of AD too for support and more. Be positive :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww... Yea, it'll be very hard to leave a place call "home", You can take some pictures before you sale the house, put those pictures in an album book, You could even created an album book of your own, for example with along your mother's pictures, your father's pictures, even yours, the farm you grew up in, and on the book you would write "My life on the farm with my parents" It'll be a memory book that you could treasure from years and years ahead. ;)

Good luck with your brand new life in a brand new location. :hug:

Aw Northstar :hug: I know moving into a new place may be scary for you, but you will be okay, I'll keep you in my prayers

This is a very hard time for you. I will pray that the Lord give you strength for the task, and comfort for your heart. I hope you find a nice place to make your new home. :hug:

I'm sorry you going through so much! My 5 brothers and I went through the same thing about 8 year ago. We were all married and moved away so we rented the house and the farm. Big mistake! No one will care for a home the way you would. My parents house went down hill, so we sold. We couldn't bare to see it destroyed. So, I think you doing the right thing. You will treasure the memories always. Good luck!

Awwwwww Northstar. I know that feeling. My mom dies and the house finally sold last Aug to my cousin who lives next door. She gotta tear down the house and make it into the garage. Yea I sure gotta miss that house but at least I do have a pix of the house to bring the memory.

I wish you best of luck and look forward to a new chapter in your book of life.

move and live in tent. Save money.

Perhaps it can be a way to 'live'...however, I consider this comment rude and tasteless--

If 'you' had to move--would 'YOU' take up with that suggestion, move into a tent?

C'mon...be at least respectful, huh??? The guy has gone through so much in the last few months, losing both parents.....

:squint:

~RR

Northstar,

I wish you all the best and hopefully you find a nice new home to live in and moving on with your life. I know it is difficult to leave the farm and the home where you grew up so long and especially losing a farm your family been running for so many years.

If I live in Canada.. perhaps we'll be roommates and for sure we'll have some whamming wars and tons of stories to tell friends about Shark Vs Calvin eh? :lol:

Do take it easy and take things one at a time and you would be able to find a successful job and enjoy your life the best you can. Do take care of yourself man. We'll do some more wars like the Calvin in jail thread and much more to come to entertain those people :thumb:

Calvin

i understand how ya feel ,NS.. My grandpa did same thing when he sold his parents farm. was hard on him bec he born there, lived there before moving to big city..it took him for a while to heal but im sure ya wilkl go thur same thing... Hang in there man,

Perhaps it can be a way to 'live'...however, I consider this comment rude and tasteless--

If 'you' had to move--would 'YOU' take up with that suggestion, move into a tent?

C'mon...be at least respectful, huh??? The guy has gone through so much in the last few months, losing both parents.....

~RR

my grandparents lived in tent. true story.

~RR
i agree with u, need respect that guy!

i am sure it hard on u for leave their house and ur parents are in ur whole heart and they love u so much... when u move new life and new local so it will better much.. i know it hard on u.. :hug:

It will be okay. :hug: All your memories will never die and you keep it going. You wont forget your parents and all the memories that you had with them and on the farm and in the house. Everything will be okay, I know it will be so hard at first then it will be a little better later on. I will keep you in my prayers and things will work out for the best. :hug: God bless you!

Thanks, DeafMommy...I really have to wonder, will that affect me somehow? Wont even know till it comes...

Wish you all the best in moving into a new chapter but it will be very hard to do that but time will help you along the way and u will always will carry the memories with you in ur heart and in some of the valuable things that remind u of the happy times and the sad times together as a family before the chain was broken. Keep hanging in there and just take a step at a time and things will eventually fall into place before you realised it. Best of luck to you.

Yep Sasha.. gonna be hard to see anything go for sure..but I do have good memories of the farm and more... hopefully the next buyers will take good care of the house and etc...

~RR

Beep beep RR.. haha yeah California?? Hmm maybe one day.. hmm one day I could live in the States but for now gonna be closer to family here in Canada... but good offer however... lol

Northstar,

I know everything will be okay, this is a new life for you to get the best out of exploring life, meeting new friends and do keep us updated what's going in your life. Like RR said, plenty of spaces down here in the states referring to one particular Golden state is a great recommendation :giggle:

I know you will be happy where ever you decide to reside and have your bachelor pad..it will take time and the hardest part is letting go of the house and its memories it brought you..:hug: I am here for you and so are the rest of AD too for support and more. Be positive :)

Yes Ocean.. gonna be hard... I am afraid of the day when I do leave finally and I am thinking it would be enough for me to bawl like a baby.. it also will be hard on my sister and my 3 brothers to see their childhood home finally gone to new buyers...

Awww... Yea, it'll be very hard to leave a place call "home", You can take some pictures before you sale the house, put those pictures in an album book, You could even created an album book of your own, for example with along your mother's pictures, your father's pictures, even yours, the farm you grew up in, and on the book you would write "My life on the farm with my parents" It'll be a memory book that you could treasure from years and years ahead. ;)

Good luck with your brand new life in a brand new location. :hug:

Cheri.. thanks.. I already did snap some pics of this farm a few weeks ago and have it on cd to look at a later time.. I even have a couple shots of the farm via plane (the guy takes photographs of the individual farm and send us the pictures) so I will keep one of them.. plus a beautiful painting of the old house (the first one my great grandpa built back in 1898 and that was where my dad was born) and that painting will go with me to my new place...

Aw Northstar :hug: I know moving into a new place may be scary for you, but you will be okay, I'll keep you in my prayers

Yes scary enough, Angel... thanks for keeping me in your prayers...

This is a very hard time for you. I will pray that the Lord give you strength for the task, and comfort for your heart. I hope you find a nice place to make your new home. :hug:

Reba.. indeed hard times for me already.. have to deal daily with the fact that mom and dad are gone.. but I do hope they will understand why and follow me to my new place or so...

I'm sorry you going through so much! My 5 brothers and I went through the same thing about 8 year ago. We were all married and moved away so we rented the house and the farm. Big mistake! No one will care for a home the way you would. My parents house went down hill, so we sold. We couldn't bare to see it destroyed. So, I think you doing the right thing. You will treasure the memories always. Good luck!

Atabr5, yeah we were gonna sell the farm last year but mom and dad hanged in there till they passed on in January this year... at least I know Mom and Dad will want this as well...

Awwwwww Northstar. I know that feeling. My mom dies and the house finally sold last Aug to my cousin who lives next door. She gotta tear down the house and make it into the garage. Yea I sure gotta miss that house but at least I do have a pix of the house to bring the memory.

I wish you best of luck and look forward to a new chapter in your book of life.

Thanks, Horselover61... I do look forward to the next chapter in my life.. but I have to wonder, will I ever be the same after this? Time might tell on that somehow.. so your cousin did have to tear your mom's house to make way for a new detached garage? ahh I bet your cousin did not want to do that but had no choice righ? I hope that will be the right thing to do...

Northstar,

I wish you all the best and hopefully you find a nice new home to live in and moving on with your life. I know it is difficult to leave the farm and the home where you grew up so long and especially losing a farm your family been running for so many years.

If I live in Canada.. perhaps we'll be roommates and for sure we'll have some whamming wars and tons of stories to tell friends about Shark Vs Calvin eh? :lol:

Do take it easy and take things one at a time and you would be able to find a successful job and enjoy your life the best you can. Do take care of yourself man. We'll do some more wars like the Calvin in jail thread and much more to come to entertain those people :thumb:

Calvin

Haha Donkeyboy.. damn right we gonna be at war with each other if we lived near each other!! LOL..yeah more entertainment for the folks in here in AD.. haha.. yeah I really am trying to come to terms with this selling and moving and etc.. boy I been packing my personal stuff so I can save my brothers and my sister their times to deal with that in my house.. and we will have a big house cleanup on maybe March 24th.. deal with stuff to give to auction and some stuff for them to take home... at least I can reduce some items to take for myself... easier to do so if possible....

i understand how ya feel ,NS.. My grandpa did same thing when he sold his parents farm. was hard on him bec he born there, lived there before moving to big city..it took him for a while to heal but im sure ya wilkl go thur same thing... Hang in there man,

Casper.. yeah I am sure my dad did feel the same way after grandma (dad's mother) passed on and we had to have my grandpa here to live with us while he waited for a personal care home suite to open up for him to move to in town.. Dad had to get the house in other town sold and etc.. boy.. now I know how Dad felt on that... thanks man....

i am sure it hard on u for leave their house and ur parents are in ur whole heart and they love u so much... when u move new life and new local so it will better much.. i know it hard on u.. :hug:

Tweetbird..lots to do for me and not enough time to appreciate the house and anything else.. it gonna be hard at first for me to start my new life and then etc.. I however will plan on visiting my parents' graves each month when I can drive out if I wanted to... thanks...

move and live in tent. Save money.

Bubba I have to say this.. I think that a bit uncalled for.. I dunno if I wanna live in a tent 12 months a year?? te winters can be brutal for me and I probably will end up in the hospital for a long time... no thanks.... I rather be in a good place where I can be warm and comfy and more...

NS, Ain't easy move on but glad you willing move on and treasure your memory where you used to be living this house farm. You're so such brave and flip the new chapter pages and ongoing through bright side!

Everything goes into the scrapbook memories will keep you alive and look back in your head appear jog memory which it's good or bad times. Still alive always there!

*smile*

Keep chin up always.. like everyone who are support moral around you here today~ :)

Back