Selling and moving....

Bubba I have to say this.. I think that a bit uncalled for.. I dunno if I wanna live in a tent 12 months a year?? te winters can be brutal for me and I probably will end up in the hospital for a long time... no thanks.... I rather be in a good place where I can be warm and comfy and more...

Yes, I'm crazy.

NS, best wishes for the road ahead. I know you will always cherish and carry memories of your folks with you, no matter where you are. Now it is time for the necessary business part of this whole thing. I was wondering about something if you don't mind....does the Canadian government pay some farmers to not plant some of their acreage, leaving part of the land fallow? If it does, is your farm affected that way? How does one deal with that aspect when selling the acreage?

If this question is a bit too close to home and you don't want to discuss it, that's fine, man. Knowing you over the years, we have touched on the business aspect of farming on occasion so I'm consistent, at least. Lol.....

selling farm? :squint:

i hate that when ppl try to give up the nature of lands..

someday, that area will be built with thousand stores and city or town..

lands will be all gone... :pissed:

*nodding understanding sadly* I can image it´s very hard to leave a home where you grow up... I would suggest you to take a picture of your home before you are going to sale the house and then frame the picture and hang on the wall then you can look it everyday when you find a new home.

Wish you best of Good luck and success with your new life...

Animal lover it is house farm.. He lost his parents be gentle with him

Animal lover it is house farm.. He lost his parents be gentle with him

it didnt matter, it still affect the land cuz the new owner of the farm house can decide what to do with land or the buyer can destory that farm house and built thousand of houses

Hugs Northstart....

Hey NorthStart

I know just how u felt... I have had that same thing in the past even though I am not farmer but mom do not want to be farmer, told by her father that not to be farmer in future... oh well... Hey, it is ur life u need to have a new life to move on and that is ur choice, dear... so do the best as u can and be happy when u move in new place... I pray for u for new life and job... I can't blame u for selling ur farm... U are in my thoughs... take ur time and easy pls like Calvin said.... :hug:

it didnt matter, it still affect the land cuz the new owner of the farm house can decide what to do with land or the buyer can destory that farm house and built thousand of houses

SHUDD'UP Animal lover..

Didn't matter.. you not even think twice.. He living in Manitoba, Canada. PLENTY PLENTY lands out there.. isn't same USA.. mostly hogging taken over the tiny lands and hog land property away.. that difference from other states or Canada wha..ever

You not even think about being rude remark toward to NorthStar. Which he have good reason and cannot take care WHOLE everything farm acres and sort it out things too.. Which the best interest to sell someone who interesting farmer house... Let next other people can take care of their house while good corps.. What make you determined business company buying their farm acres.. you're dead wrong... Whoever the customer want buy farm house and continue the planting corps or animal stay alive runs their own business.. He's single right now.. Are you pushy him too far.. Get your own life chill it!

Sorry NorthStar... Little my squirky rude to Animal Lover!

Back Topic...

NS, best wishes for the road ahead. I know you will always cherish and carry memories of your folks with you, no matter where you are. Now it is time for the necessary business part of this whole thing. I was wondering about something if you don't mind....does the Canadian government pay some farmers to not plant some of their acreage, leaving part of the land fallow? If it does, is your farm affected that way? How does one deal with that aspect when selling the acreage?

If this question is a bit too close to home and you don't want to discuss it, that's fine, man. Knowing you over the years, we have touched on the business aspect of farming on occasion so I'm consistent, at least. Lol.....

Well Tousi... I'm not exactly sure as to how that would play out with the Canadian gov't to pay farmers not to plant their arces.. I doubt we have came across this as well.. like I say, I'm a basic farmer but not really an expert in the business way of farming... hmmm... there probably is some other cases like this all over here... or so... it's fine ya did ask me that question to see if I would have some reply to that somehow..

Northstar, good luck on your new life :hug:

:ty: Highlands... appreciate it very much...

Animal lover ... well some farms can stay there but lately there some hog farms popping up.. so there is some sort of law that says that if one guy wanted to build a new hog farm..gotta get thru the local area gov't and the folsk that are living abuot 1 to 2 miles from the proposed hog farms, they can block that from going as I know we had to deal with 2 hog farms, 1 which we succeeded in blocking and other one is still going on but might be going on fumes as of last report.... I would want to stay on this farm but I have no serious income to get to continue farming and I am not really eager to do farming as well.. so it would be wise to give it up and I am in the country, far from the city life... plus my family is around that city area and I am abuot 2 hours south from them...

*nodding understanding sadly* I can image it´s very hard to leave a home where you grow up... I would suggest you to take a picture of your home before you are going to sale the house and then frame the picture and hang on the wall then you can look it everyday when you find a new home.

Wish you best of Good luck and success with your new life...

Liebling... yeah I plan on having one of the pics I snapped of the current home enlarged... would be nice to have something from that to remember on days when I feel sad or just bored simply... then I can look at the pic and think back to some times on the farm I had enjoyed over the years...

NO I am sure the buyers will not destroy the house... but if it is deemed necessary to do so.. I cant control that.. but the buyers has to do what they want to and it's up to them not me to do that.. I did recommand to my 3 brothers that we destroy the old chicken coop because I was worried it might collaspe as I have seen teh beam start to bend over.. my brothers say naw leave as is... I think it an unwise decision as ya never know if there are kids who might go into that coop and that building would collaspe on them.. I will keep trying to get my brothers to agree to tear that coop down for safety reasons....

Hey NorthStart

I know just how u felt... I have had that same thing in the past even though I am not farmer but mom do not want to be farmer, told by her father that not to be farmer in future... oh well... Hey, it is ur life u need to have a new life to move on and that is ur choice, dear... so do the best as u can and be happy when u move in new place... I pray for u for new life and job... I can't blame u for selling ur farm... U are in my thoughs... take ur time and easy pls like Calvin said.... :hug:

Thanks Moo.. I will try to make my new place a good one to live in... and also some items from the house I will put into my new place if I can fit them... it will be a while till I know if I am indeed on the move and I have yet to hear from a lady I met from Employment and Income Assistance who would help me get my resume fixed and sent to all available jobs and etc.. I want to do some work so I can get some good spending money to use till I move finally.. I am still considering some places.. apartments maybe and houses? my 2nd brother want to get me a house and he might get his wish unless something happens with an apartment suite that I might be really comfy with and my 2nd brother say no matter what I choose, he will be happy for me as well...

SHUDD'UP Animal lover..

Didn't matter.. you not even think twice.. He living in Manitoba, Canada. PLENTY PLENTY lands out there.. isn't same USA.. mostly hogging taken over the tiny lands and hog land property away.. that difference from other states or Canada wha..ever

You not even think about being rude remark toward to NorthStar. Which he have good reason and cannot take care WHOLE everything farm acres and sort it out things too.. Which the best interest to sell someone who interesting farmer house... Let next other people can take care of their house while good corps.. What make you determined business company buying their farm acres.. you're dead wrong... Whoever the customer want buy farm house and continue the planting corps or animal stay alive runs their own business.. He's single right now.. Are you pushy him too far.. Get your own life chill it!

Sorry NorthStar... Little my squirky rude to Animal Lover!

Back Topic...

Thanks, GA.. for your vent.... yeah who knows if the next buyer want to have his or her own farm and animals to be placed there and more... let that be done and they might succeed at what they want to do... and beside, the house could be a perfect way to have a nice farm life and more... and yes as I have said in the recent post, there are hog farms but folks are really opposed to them due to water problems, smell from the lagoons for pig manure and more... my parents had minor asthma and they were adamatly opposed to the hog farm that was gona be built about 2 1/2 miles west from this place and the smell can be carried over via wind and more... so a hog farm is not a good idea for close places like houses placed abuot 1 miles apart from each other and more...

AND Ga yeah I am single..so I can do what I want to..but have to be careful about what I have to do so I dont get in trouble with my brothers over some stuff... rather be wise about that and discuss anything with them before I do what I want to do... such as the farm selling, auction, where to find a place, jobs and etc...

Ok, NS, I gotcha. I think if there was acreage that your family left fallow....no crops on a portion, I think you would know it. Maybe your farm's so big, ya never noticed. Mind if I ask how many acres you farm/own, not lease....

I agree with ya about the chicken coop.

Anyway, best wishes to you and your brothers on this journey.

well i did think twice! (everyone have different opinions)
my opinions that lands/natural of plants and animals are more important than humans..

well, i trust u that if u selling a farm to farmer(or someone want to be farmer) then i'll be glad but if u selling to non-farmer... I have right to vent and piss off...

Thanks Moo.. I will try to make my new place a good one to live in... and also some items from the house I will put into my new place if I can fit them... it will be a while till I know if I am indeed on the move and I have yet to hear from a lady I met from Employment and Income Assistance who would help me get my resume fixed and sent to all available jobs and etc.. I want to do some work so I can get some good spending money to use till I move finally.. I am still considering some places.. apartments maybe and houses? my 2nd brother want to get me a house and he might get his wish unless something happens with an apartment suite that I might be really comfy with and my 2nd brother say no matter what I choose, he will be happy for me as well...

That good to know that, hun...just do what ur heart follow then u will know for sure.... remmy this, do not listen to ur brain....ONLY TO UR HEART that u should listen to.... if u listen to ur brain, meaning u are thinking of sex!!!! Just kidding!!! Lmao!! But I am sure u will do fine cuz re u r fine strong man!! ;) Just trying to cheer up.. :D Err, u are welcome!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, NS, I gotcha. I think if there was acreage that your family left fallow....no crops on a portion, I think you would know it. Maybe your farm's so big, ya never noticed. Mind if I ask how many acres you farm/own, not lease....

I agree with ya about the chicken coop.

Anyway, best wishes to you and your brothers on this journey.

Tousi.. ok I do know I have 100 arces of farm here... 25 arces were for cultivating for crops which we have always done for many years till around 2004 or so when there was a flood and the field was too wet for a long time to seed.. and last year we didnt even seed as well due to what happened to Mom and etc.. and some arces are for fallow hay to cut and bale.. we did that till last year when someone did that and baled his bales for his cattle for feed... and some of the other arces are pasture for cattle to be fenced in and the hay for feed there...and I dunno if I can convince my brothers to have that chicken coop torn down.. they might say naw leave it... I might talk with my 2nd brother this weekend if he does come down with his family to visit... we will discuss this.. and thanks for the best wishes for the journey...

well i did think twice! (everyone have different opinions)
my opinions that lands/natural of plants and animals are more important than humans..

well, i trust u that if u selling a farm to farmer(or someone want to be farmer) then i'll be glad but if u selling to non-farmer... I have right to vent and piss off...

Trust me, Animal lover.. I will make sure whoever buys this farm will use it for cattle or horses or even sheep or so.. and maybe seed some crops as well..

That good to know that, hun...just do what ur heart follow then u will know for sure.... remmy this, do not listen to ur brain....ONLY TO UR HEART that u should listen to.... if u listen to ur brain, meaning u are thinking of sex!!!! Just kidding!!! Lmao!! But I am sure u will do fine cuz re u r fine strong man!! ;) Just trying to cheer up.. :D Err, u are welcome!!

HAHA Moo ya have to say sex? LOL blah... I have to think of other things,not jsut sex 24/7 and prepare for more stuff to get busy with and etc...

Folks.. I got an email from the real estate agent I met on Saturday last week, and he informed me that he will be here tomorrow afternoon with buyers I hope... so I will be a bit busy to make sure everything is all tidied up and etc.. ack.. will let ya all know how it went ok?

Perhaps it can be a way to 'live'...however, I consider this comment rude and tasteless--

If 'you' had to move--would 'YOU' take up with that suggestion, move into a tent?

C'mon...be at least respectful, huh??? The guy has gone through so much in the last few months, losing both parents.....

:squint:

~RR

right on

WHERE IS YOUR RESPECTFUL poweron sheesh
NS have been through hard time so be very respect GRR

:hug: NS i know it is hard to sell the farm and leave the home that you have know for LONG time i know what is like hang there smile
don't forget it keep in ur memory with your parents along HUGS one more time i know it is tough to deal with all the stuff by yourself along with your family

Northstar,
I am sorry for you about your will miss your old house... :(
...but I hope you will
find a great place to live with there are deaf people around you in your
town. Oh, well. It's same to me, I had live in my old house with my mother for
over 20 years. So we moved to apartment in 2005, but I still live
with mom because my mom did separated with him so we have a better to live
in the apartment because nowadays for us there's no working like
outside chores such as:
plowing snow with our shovel, mowing the grass, set-up anything fix
like broken pipes; and anything about worrying about insurance gets
high for house only but not affect for apartment about insurance like flooding in the basement, or leak a roof what my mom told me.
Apartment is better for myself in my opinion. ;)

Northstar, I know how do you feel, man, I'm sorry. I still have the memory of my pop and nana's house on the shore of the lake in Texas. The house sold in Summer 2002 after my pop died in 1997 and nana died in 1999.

I haven't seen the beautiful house 2002 to last month cause I just want to see that house. When I was on the way to see my pop and nana's house. LOT OF MEMORIE...crying....I nearly hit the woman. I just love that house. I hate the people who lives there.

I REALLLLLLLY WANT TO GET THAT HOUSE BACK, SO, ALL MEMBER OF THE AD ARE WELCOMED TO MY HOUSE TO SWIM THE LAKE. LOL

Back