Self-Esteem vs low self-esteem

Reba said:
I didn't say "saved from the movies". I was trying to show that I prefer to attend my church's services rather than attend movies, especially movies that are during church time. The reason is because after I was saved, my desires and interests changed.

I agree that there is only One God. I do NOT agree that all people worship Him. Some people worship other false gods. Some people (atheists) don't worship any god.

Not true. The Pope makes many declarations that are NOT from God.

The Pope declares people as saints, that people should worship Mary and pray to saints, that unbaptized babies go to Limbo, that people die and to go Purgatory, that prayers can be made for dead people, that people should confess to priests, that only people who fulfill Catholic sacrements can be saved, etc. None of those declarations are from God.

The original New Testament churches directly followed the Bible. Over the years, some of the churches fell into apostasy, and focused more on joining together for political and financial power. They eventually become the Catholic church hierarchy. The rest of the small humble churches stayed faithful to God's Word but had to worship more secretly because of persecution from the Catholic church. These churches continued separate from the Catholic Church, and separate from the later Protestant churches.

The true faithful churches stayed separated from Anglican and Catholic churches. Both were corrupted and led by hierarchies of political men.

I don't like discussing denominations because it sounds critical but you brought it up and I can't let your statements go unchallenged.

What would you like to hear that would make you feel welcome? I am serious.

That is your opinion; that is NOT what Jesus said.
Jesus said, "Ye must be born again."
The Bible also says that no one is good enough, only Jesus.
The only way to get Jesus into the heart is by confessing to be a sinner, repenting sin, and accepting the salvation of Jesus' shed blood. We can't boast of our good works because we have none good enough.

Another misunderstood here about Catholic. Your were not Catholic, stop bring all lies here about CC here. It is you who hate that church and preach us about it. Enough of that lies. Keep this to yourself. I know I was raised by Catholic and most of your statements here are not true. Jesus Christ was the one who brought me back to CC because this is where He is with me then u tell world we are not saved. Another lies. Then u tell world that we worshop His mother, that is another lie. I believe in eurcahst, accept His body and drink His blood daily, I dont see many christian church practice this. NonCatholic believe in different way of by accept Jesus Christ as their savior then repent their sins which I do not see it enough to cleanse their own deep sins. I am not judge them but that is way they are believe in it which it is fine with me but when ur are against me and my faith that is where I stand my firm here.. And people who are catholic, they don't preach and tell others they are wrong with their faith. And they don't tell them who goes to hell and who goes to heaven. It is you and many alike u tell us this way. Enough of this. Too many narrow mind people out there esp christians who tell me that I am not saved. I am fed up with this BS and lies from people alike u.

Audiofuzzy said:
...I apologize, but the way it sounds it is like racial segregation - black is bad white is supreme (which the latter is not true of course and I am giving this just as an example).
But since this seem to be a base of your Church is founded on, I guess there is nothing to be done about it.
Big difference.

Racist groups stand in a closed circle with arms up (visualize PREVENT sign), facing outward, not allowing other people to enter the circle.
:locked:

Christians stand in an open circle with arms spread out (visualize Jesus on the cross), facing the opening, welcoming other people to join the circle and make it wider. Jesus stands at the opening, signing WELCOME.
:welcome:

People who accept Jesus step into the open circle.

People who reject Jesus prefer to stay outside the circle.

Each person decides for himself/herself.

Peace to you. :)

Peeps please since it was partly my fault for derailing Liebling's thread from self- esteem onto religious subjects, I feel guilty and suggest that we from now on move any religious subject to the Christian forum...? please?
I think naming the thread 'Self-esteem / Christ-esteem' would be an easy way to indicate what it's about..

Fuzzy

jazzy said:
Another misunderstood here about Catholic. Your were not Catholic, stop bring all lies here about CC here. It is you who hate that church and preach us about it. Enough of that lies. Keep this to yourself. I know I was raised by Catholic and most of your statements here are not true. Jesus Christ was the one who brought me back to CC because this is where He is with me then u tell world we are not saved. Another lies. Then u tell world that we worshop His mother, that is another lie. I believe in eurcahst, accept His body and drink His blood daily, I dont see many christian church practice this. NonCatholic believe in different way of by accept Jesus Christ as their savior then repent their sins which I do not see it enough to cleanse their own deep sins. I am not judge them but that is way they are believe in it which it is fine with me but when ur are against me and my faith that is where I stand my firm here.. And people who are catholic, they don't preach and tell others they are wrong with their faith. And they don't tell them who goes to hell and who goes to heaven. It is you and many alike u tell us this way. Enough of this. Too many narrow mind people out there esp christians who tell me that I am not saved. I am fed up with this BS and lies from people alike u.
This is exactly why I try to avoid discussion of people's denominations.

Which of my statements are lies?

Is this not praying to Mary?
Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Is this not Catholic doctrine?
The Fifth Glorious Mystery
THE CORONATION

As Mary enters heaven, the entire court of heaven greets with joy this masterpiece of God's creation.
Mary is crowned by her divine Son as Queen of heaven and earth.
More than we can ever know the Hearts of Jesus and Mary overflow with joy at this reunion.
Only in heaven will we know the great majesty of that coronation, and the joy it gave to the angels and saints.
Even the angels, who by nature are greater than humans, hail Mary as their Queen.
Mary shares so fully in the glory of Christ because she shared so fully in His suffering.
Only in heaven will we see how central is the role of Mary in the divine plan of redemption.
The angels and saints longed for the coming of her whose heel crushes the head of the serpent.
Mary pleads our cause as a most powerful Queen and a most merciful and loving Mother.
A great sign appeared in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

"Purgatory" is a Catholic belief, not from the Bible.
From AmericanCatholic.org:
The question of purgatory and praying for the dead was a major issue between Catholics and Protestants in the 16th century. The Council of Trent’s 1563 decree about purgatory reaffirmed its existence and the usefulness of prayers for the deceased, yet it cautioned against “a certain kind of curiosity or superstition...” about it.

The Roman Catholic teaching on purgatory reflects its understanding of the communion of saints. We are connected to the saints in heaven, the saints-in-waiting in purgatory and other believers here on earth. Prayers for the deceased are not a means of buying their way out of purgatory.

The Catholic Church’s teaching about purgatory (Catechism of the Catholic Church, #1030-32) says that all sin, unfortunately, has a life of its own and may have bad effects even after the sinner repents. Sincere repentance includes a desire to repair the damage done by one’s sins. That may or may not be complete before the person dies.

What about Limbo?
“All the more urgent is the Church’s call not to prevent little children coming to Christ through the gift of holy Baptism” (#1261).

Even according to earlier Church teaching, your granddaughter would be not in hell but in limbo, a state of natural happiness without enjoying God’s presence.

Why was there a teaching about limbo, anyway? It filled a gap.
If you believe that Jesus Christ came for the salvation of all people and if you believe that Jesus sent the apostles to preach the Good News inviting people to be baptized, then you might tend to think that only baptized people can be saved.

If you do that, then you need a place for good people who were never baptized. Limbo was that place.

Audiofuzzy said:
Peeps please since it was partly my fault for derailing Liebling's thread from self- esteem onto religious subjects, I feel guilty and suggest that we from now on move any religious subject to the Christian forum...? please?
I think naming the thread 'Self-esteem / Christ-esteem' would be an easy way to indicate what it's about..
That is fine with me. Make it happen Number One! :P

jazzy said:
Another misunderstood here about Catholic. Your were not Catholic,..
You are correct that I was never a Catholic. I grew up with very good Catholic friends. I remember on Saturday mornings, before going downtown, my friends and I would stop at the Catholic church so my friends could go to confession. I would go into the church with them and wait for them. Before going into the church they would each take a kleenex and stick it on their hair with a bobby pin. Then, they would put their fingers in holy water, cross themselves, and genuflect. I learned how to use the fold up kneeling rail in the pews, and why they went into the confessional booth. When they came out of the booth, they prayed the fastest possible Our Fathers and Hail Marys so we could go shopping.

I lived across the street from the Catholic girls' high school and convent. The nuns in the convent were my newspaper customers. I got to know them, and thought it was neat how they wore white habits in the summer and black habits in the winter. The private apartment house I lived in eventually became the rectory for the priests.

My friends told me about their confirmations and choosing their confirmation names. At public school we had fish sticks for lunch every Friday because there were so many Catholic kids.

I enjoyed listening to the priests do the Mass in Latin. I actually took Latin my freshman year of high school. One of my favorite books as a teen was Lilies of the Field (about nuns); another one was Shoes of the Fisherman (about a pope). I was very interested in the Catholic church.

I don't hate Catholic people. I know that Catholic people individually can be saved Christians. I just don't believe in Catholic Church doctrines, practices, or system of hierarchy.

Too many narrow mind people out there esp christians who tell me that I am not saved. I am fed up with this BS and lies from people alike u.
I don't know whether or not you are saved. That is between you and Jesus.

This is way off subject here on this thread.

Reba said:
This is exactly why I try to avoid discussion of people's denominations.

Which of my statements are lies?

Is this not praying to Mary?

Nope, saying a rosary is a choice. Praying to Mary is not how we do it, they ask her to pray for us period. Personal choice they do it at home. Not every catholic person saying rosary. They don't do it during mass.

Is this not Catholic doctrine?

Nope. It is form of a prayer, it is a personal choice not every one Catholic pray this.

"Purgatory" is a Catholic belief, not from the Bible. From AmericanCatholic.org:

What about Limbo?

Limbo and purgartory are same thing. They are in bible somewhere if I remember where it is. u and I see it differently.

your belief they are belong to hell or heaven, period. Not work out this way with me after my nde, they are in between two worlds. That is why I am sticking to Catholic because of what I remember. I am not interest in limit myself to bible only and tell others this is right way. CC did not do that to me at all but people alike bible thumpers yes I find it upset greatly. Conflict with what I remember them as it was before. I was dead for short time I come back here because it is His will that I am here. I remember where I was and they are not in heaven or hell. What do u call this place? Of course I remmy your do not believe in those anyways.

How do u know your bible is completely full words? Most of those came from Catholic bible and converted into their present bible with few missing versions.

Reba said:
You are correct that I was never a Catholic. I grew up with very good Catholic friends. I remember on Saturday mornings, before going downtown, my friends and I would stop at the Catholic church so my friends could go to confession. I would go into the church with them and wait for them. Before going into the church they would each take a kleenex and stick it on their hair with a bobby pin. Then, they would put their fingers in holy water, cross themselves, and genuflect. I learned how to use the fold up kneeling rail in the pews, and why they went into the confessional booth. When they came out of the booth, they prayed the fastest possible Our Fathers and Hail Marys so we could go shopping.

I lived across the street from the Catholic girls' high school and convent. The nuns in the convent were my newspaper customers. I got to know them, and thought it was neat how they wore white habits in the summer and black habits in the winter. The private apartment house I lived in eventually became the rectory for the priests.

My friends told me about their confirmations and choosing their confirmation names. At public school we had fish sticks for lunch every Friday because there were so many Catholic kids.

I enjoyed listening to the priests do the Mass in Latin. I actually took Latin my freshman year of high school. One of my favorite books as a teen was Lilies of the Field (about nuns); another one was Shoes of the Fisherman (about a pope). I was very interested in the Catholic church.

I don't hate Catholic people. I know that Catholic people individually can be saved Christians. I just don't believe in Catholic Church doctrines, practices, or system of hierarchy.

I don't know whether or not you are saved. That is between you and Jesus.

Yes He saved me 10 years ago after I woke up and remember everything. He is still with me to this day. There was one problem I have with this deaf pastor, he made me so mad one night when I went to bible study at his church. He told me I am not "saved" because I practice Catholic. I do not always agree with Catholic but then again I do not always agree with any other religion organation. Catholic was where I found Him. People has no right or business to tell others they are not saved or not. They do not know us, only between themselves and Jesus that is all.

Interesting, u spend alot time there. I respect your belief as I wish others do same for me. Just that I am so tired of them attack me or my friends.

jazzy said:
Limbo and purgartory are same thing. They are in bible somewhere if I remember where it is. u and I see it differently.
The Catholic church teaches that limbo is a place for babies who died without baptism, and purgatory is a "holding" place for dead Catholics until they are cleaned up enough for heaven. Even the Catholic church teaches that they are two different places, that they are NOT the same thing.

They are not in the Bible. Do a word search for "limbo" and "purgatory" at http://www.crosswalk.com/ or any other Bible search engine that you choose. You will find nothing.

That is why I am sticking to Catholic because of what I remember.
You might want to review what you know about Catholic doctrine.

Most of those came from Catholic bible and converted into their present bible with few missing versions.
No, they did not all come from the Catholic Bible. Some translations go back to the original language texts prior to the Catholic Bible, and they don't include the Apocrypha.

GalaxyAngel said:
Liebling..
I'm sorry.. Im not here for this proprite thread because of bible thumpers here.. huge changed thread.

Supposed be stick thread about self-esteem ??? Now what happend?
I'd rather not come here... anymore.. this thread.. I'll find else where another thread..

I know :( I thought we would discuss over clothes what we wear because it related to self-esteem but it ends into bible issues *sigh* but I'm glad that AudiFuzzy created a new thread after notice many topic off on my threads.

Originally Posted by Audiofuzzy

No problem AudiFuzzy! I'm glad that you create a new thread at religious section... :thumb:

Admin. and Mod. Could you please move religious issues from my thread to AudiFuzzy's thread? I would be much appreicate it... :thumb:

Good idea, moving religious threads where they belong! ) Maybe it's even possible to keep the order of postings intact.

Ok let's talk about how the way we dress may reflect our self- esteem.
basically I think I have pretty good self- esteem, but also I like to think I have a healthy dose of reality too, meaning while I still feel good about my body I am aware it's nearing 50 :-o :eek2: :-o :-o :eek2: :-o :-o :eek2: :-o

So I am not going to wear something that will show my unatractive parts, but I may and I will wear something that is intended for younger pple for example those fantastic sequined Chateau jeans yumm yummm..
That's where my self- esteem kicks in- I feel that despite my age I CAN wear this, and am looking good in it :mrgreen: the secret is in matching other pieces of apparel - not too flashy and more conservative, it will balance each other out.

Fuzzy

yeah

its not only that i was hearing i was deppreseed stiill am i used to cut my self but theres more to that than u think usually its judt a feeling of sad ness i dont know hey

asl
write back from
anita

i have sufferred from some low esteem,
1. my divorce,
2. have hard to stay friends with for long here :confused:
3. my poor English, i can understand reading and laughing i love to watch :lol: but write on my own no fun, unclear or/and misunderstanding :/

exact where i found what's low-esteem..

Inability to open yourself to others and inability to trust others
Insecurity about who you are and lack of belief in yourself
Inability to make decisions because of confusion and fear of making a mistake or of disappointing others
Excessive use of masks to hide true feelings
Inability to forgive and to forget past harms and hurts from others

:popcorn:

Reba said:
I notice that Liebling doesn't use her own voice. She started this thread with a loooonnnngg quotation from another source. What's the difference? If Liebling can quote from a published source to make her point, why can't someone else quote from a published source (the Bible) to make another point?

There is no difference. Anybody can quote from any source they choose to. If someone objects to the source, they can skip over the post or thread.

Back