Second Ebola victim diagnoed in USA

I thought there aren't carriers of Ebola. It isn't transmissible except in the active phases.

They may have... To be honest, I've become confused. :P Can someone please clear this up for me? Does the nurse actually have Ebola right now, or did she test positive for exposure?

-Jason

no. no. no. there's no such thing as "tested positive for exposure". it's a wrong phrase to say. it makes no sense at all.

the correct question is "was she tested positive for Ebola?" - according to the article... the preliminary test came back positive... CDC will perform further testing to confirm the diagnosis.

I'm making it clear for everybody especially seb - if you are exposed to something... then it comes down to whether or not if you are infected. there's no such thing as tested positive/negative for exposure. we are all exposed to whatever - flu, chicken pox, cold, e. coli, etc on daily basis. the question is... are you infected or not?

Now we'll have to wait and see if guy has Ebola or not and this is getting too close to home , I have a brother in law who is a phlebotomist and works in Boston.

no. no. no. there's no such thing as "tested positive for exposure". it's a wrong phrase to say. it makes no sense at all.

the correct question is "was she tested positive for Ebola?" - according to the article... the preliminary test came back positive... CDC will perform further testing to confirm the diagnosis.

I'm making it clear for everybody especially seb - if you are exposed to something... then it comes down to whether or not if you are infected. there's no such thing as tested positive/negative for exposure. we are all exposed to whatever - flu, chicken pox, cold, e. coli, etc on daily basis. the question is... are you infected or not?

Thanks for clearing that up, Jiro! It's appreciated not only by me, but I'm sure many others as well!

World Food Prize occurs here soon in Des Moines, and potential winners are from both Sierra Leone, and Liberia.

There is some discussion of how they will be handled and if they pose a threat.

I suspect this will be a vehicle for terror. Grab a few vials of the virus, and spread them through a mall, school, NFL game, etc. We are already shaking in fear, so why not start a large-scale outbreak right here?

I suspect this will be a vehicle for terror. Grab a few vials of the virus, and spread them through a mall, school, NFL game, etc. We are already shaking in fear, so why not start a large-scale outbreak right here?

That is exactly where the next terror attack can come from....along with hacking into hospital records to kill people by changing the data on their medications....and contaminating water supply. It's real and it can happen....and there are people training to do just this....

Laura

I guess no country would help support terrorists after seeing what America did to countries for 9/11. a complete annihilation.

and plus... a biological attack is the most undesirable option since it cannot be controlled. a real power is those who can control the power. biological attack is something that nobody can control. worst case scenario? those who unleashed biological attack would suffer from it too.

That is exactly where the next terror attack can come from....along with hacking into hospital records to kill people by changing the data on their medications....and contaminating water supply. It's real and it can happen....and there are people training to do just this....

Laura

pointless. useless. easily fixable.

makes much more sense to focus on where it would hurt us the most... the financial backbone... like 9/11.

I thought it was because he now has antibodies to Ebola. The second American to survive it got one also.

I would never ever agree to such experimental process like this.

She doesn't have Ebola, Yet! She has tested positive to being exposed, kinda like testing positive for exposure to TB.
Ummmm, if you tested Positive, you HAVE it. I worked with hazardous materials, Hazardous wastes and know the routine for donning protective gear and removing it safely.... and for dealing with an infectious desase the nurses arent provided with the proper gear to begin with, just research it a little and you will see what I mean. Besides that, they dont even have the proper "Clean Room" to remove the gear and de-contaminate themselves.

Back