Second Ebola victim diagnoed in USA

TO BOOST HER IMUNE RESPONSE AND HELP FIGHT OFF THE EBOLA. Have you never heard of antibodies? People who fight off a disease carry antibodies in their blood that keep them from getting the disease again. Your own body has antibodies in it to help keep you from getting any disease you have had or been exposed to but didn't get during your lifetime.

"oh hey - take my antibodies!" - nope it doesn't work like that.

do you even know what's antibodies? no no I'm not talking about "oh it's some immune system that fights off disease". what's the difference between white blood cell and antibodies?

there you go.

I'm not crazy about convalescent serum. it's insane. it's unproven science. a very dangerous science.

do you even know what's antibodies? no no I'm not talking about "oh it's some immune system that fights off disease". what's the difference between white blood cell and antibodies?

there you go.

I'm not crazy about convalescent serum. it's insane. it's unproven science. a very dangerous science.

What medical school did you go to, that gave you these insights or are you a Jehovah's witness? Try googling antibodies before coming up with these crazy thoughts. You might also want to look up Convalescent serum too! They have been used for decades and cured a lot of people and has proven it's effectiveness many times.

that doesn't look like a credible source.

of course.... I will find some that will say Ebola is created by ISIS too

The Ebola virus has been around since August of 1976, which is longer than Al Qaeda and ISIS have been in existence.

no.... no.... no...... no...... no...... *shaking my head*

YES...YES...YES..... shaking my head in amazement of your lack of medical knowledge. Try at least to look some of these things up before you make these comments.

Just curious, with your obvious expansive medical knowledge, how do you think the common cold is spread? This should be interesting.

Oh my. Let's not go there. This was about Ebola. Let's not take this to the common cold. If we are not medical experts I don't think anybody should be spouting off with what they read online or even suggesting to read online. Even Wikipedia is a joke.

humans have evolved genetically over the millions of years survival of fit tests so why now people dropping with it.AIDS Ebola millians of children are dying generations of people gone,bacteria is older than humanity so why we not got anti bodies or genetics to live in symbiosis with these highly contagious diseases we have with other things like sickle cell and malria or things like tb is in our own hands to control...Statistacly every African would be dead by now if Ebola and AIDS had been as aggressive 100years ago as it is now so they have mutated or the people dna changed.
but as we sit here more people will die of flu and malaria.......i find it all confusing

there you go.

It is actually antibiotic.

Ebola is from virus so antibiotic won't work with virus.

I refuse to take antibiotic unless I have serious bacteria infection.

Not that simple....antibodies and antibiotics are two different things, Foxrac.....

Whatdidyousay, I would hate to say yet, but I hope I'm wrong.

I still get many calls they are worried about me and my husband living in Texas. The hospital is about 8 miles away from my in-laws. They said that some people in Dallas call it Ebola Hospital, not Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. My friend's husband works for Texas Health Presbyterian, but he doesn't work in Dallas. My friend told me that they give her weird looks after she tells them her husband works at Texas Health Presbyterian.

Fox, I think you misunderstood. Jiro was talking about antibodies, not antibiotics. Antibodies are produced by immune system.

The one thing to remember here is that with the millions of people who live in Africa, only 4,000 people have died so far in the current outbreak and in it's 37 year existence a total of 5,600 people worldwide have died from Ebola. More people die from the flu in the US each year, on average about 23,000 to 32,000 per year die from the flu.

What medical school did you go to, that gave you these insights or are you a Jehovah's witness?
no I did not go to a medical school. did you?

Try googling antibodies before coming up with these crazy thoughts. You might also want to look up Convalescent serum too! They have been used for decades and cured a lot of people and has proven it's effectiveness many times.
again... convalescent serum is currently unproven science. it's still experimental and controversial with hit-and-miss results. unreliable. unproven.

cured a lot of people and has proven its effectiveness many times, you say? cite the examples.

Fox, I think you misunderstood. Jiro was talking about antibodies, not antibiotics. Antibodies are produced by immune system.

correct but just to be more specific - antibodies are produced by plasma cells.

Just curious, with your obvious expansive medical knowledge, how do you think the common cold is spread? This should be interesting.

expansive medical knowledge? oh you! :giggle:

are you saying common cold is same as Ebola? and spread the same?

The Ebola virus has been around since August of 1976, which is longer than Al Qaeda and ISIS have been in existence.

I guess you missed the joke.

Back