School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents
Sep 23 7:05 AM US/Eastern

ONTARIO, Calif.

A 14-year-old student was expelled from a Christian school because her parents are lesbians, the school's superintendent said in a letter.

Shay Clark was expelled from Ontario Christian School on Thursday.

"Your family does not meet the policies of admission," Superintendent Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, the girl's biological mother.

Stob wrote that school policy requires that at least one parent may not engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style, such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," The Los Angeles Times reported in Friday's edition.

Stob could not be reached for comment by the newspaper. Shay and her parents said they won't fight the ruling.

School administrators learned of the parents' relationship this week after Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game, Tina Clark said.

Clark and her partner have been together 22 years and have two other daughters, ages 9 and 19.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/23/D8CPU38G8.html

Liebling´s opinion:

Oh dear! They should consider children´s education, not their parents´s background... What they did belong kind of judgement.... *shake the head*

Rebel, she can try but I suspect she isn't because this is a PRIVATE school----and they are perfectly within their rights to do this---this other side (private biz/orgs) of life is a whole 'nuther ballgame....

Yeah Touis is correct, the mother might be aware that she wouldn't win a case against a private Christian school ....As you know most Christian don't approve their lifestyle, so that is why her daug was kicked out of school because of that reason.... Sad isn't it?

Hi, Angel, long time, no see.....
No, I wouldn't say it's sad cuz this goes to show you another beautiful example of this thing we call FREEDOM, specifically, in this case, freedom of religion, hmmmmmmm, no? U take care now, girl and if I missed the topic, a BIG congrats from me as you turn over a new page in your life.....you, too RR, man!

Well, gay/lesbo parents can file the lawsuit against private schools. However, the court would probably dismiss the lawsuits only if the private schools reimburse them full tutition fees and/or boarding costs....

mld4ds said:
Well, gay/lesbo parents can file the lawsuit against private schools. However, the court would probably dismiss the lawsuits only if the private schools reimburse them full tutition fees and/or boarding costs....

It´s very hard because the school have their own rules... They can do what they wants.

I really dont know either lawsuits can helps. :(

If they do not meet the admissions criteria, there's no money, tuition, books, etc to be reimbursed unless they fell thru the cracks and discovery was after enrollment, sure, most likely they'd be reimbursed minus administrative costs, no problem, no need for a suit to be filed. :doh:

Liebling:-))) said:
It´s very hard because the school have their own rules... They can do what they wants.

I really dont know either lawsuits can helps. :(

Yeah, I am not surprised if any judges are the members in various of religion. Therefore, they would simply dismiss the lawsuits...

If they may not like the liberal judge, private schools would look for the best well-known attonery(s). They can easily afford when they contact their children's wealth folks to donate large sums of money for the "No Gay/Lesbo at Private School" Fund.

If the liberal judge awards to the lesbo parent, the private school would simply refuses to accept their daughter for enrollment. Moreover, they would file at the next step of higher court....

U.S. Surpeme Court judges will probably laugh at gay/lesbo parents.

Tousi said:
Rebel, she can try but I suspect she isn't because this is a PRIVATE school----and they are perfectly within their rights to do this---this other side (private biz/orgs) of life is a whole 'nuther ballgame....

Can any parent of hearing children file lawsuit against the school for deaf?

mld4ds said:
Yeah, I am not surprised if any judges are the members in various of religion. Therefore, they would simply dismiss the lawsuits...

If they may not like the liberal judge, private schools would look for the best well-known attonery(s). They can easily afford when they contact their children's wealth folks to donate large sums of money for the "No Gay/Lesbo at Private School" Fund.

If the liberal judge awards to the lesbo parent, the private school would simply refuses to accept their daughter for enrollment. Moreover, they would file at the next step of higher court....

U.S. Surpeme Court judges will probably laugh at gay/lesbo parents.

You are sadly mistaken; the concept we are talking about in this topic is so entrenched in our Constitution that the above scenario you provide would not happen because it is SO clear and basic to the tenents therein.

mld4ds said:
Can any parent of hearing children file lawsuit against the school for deaf?

Off topic......almost all schools for the deaf are State-run, not private. End of discussion.

Tousi said:
You are sadly mistaken; the concept we are talking about in this topic is so entrenched in our Constitution that the above scenario you provide would not happen because it is SO clear and basic to the tenents therein.

Nope, how well do you know about U.S. Supreme Court Justices? I have read their argurments and opinions. No one is so perfect....

Tousi said:
Off topic......almost all schools for the deaf are State-run, not private. End of discussion.

What is so different between private school and public school? That appeals to any school system?

What about deaf students in the mainsteaming school instead of private school, such as oral school or church-sponsored school, or state-run school for the deaf?

mld4ds said:
What is so different between private school and public school? That appeals to any school system?

What about deaf students in the mainsteaming school instead of private school, such as oral school or church-sponsored school, or state-run school for the deaf?

Public schools are funded by the taxpayers while the private schools are funded by tuition fees paid by the parents and private donations.

Big difference.

Banjo said:
Public schools are funded by the taxpayers while the private schools are funded by tuition fees paid by the parents and private donations.

Big difference.

That's right, Banjo. Thanks for poping my mind.

I think Lesbo parent can file the lawsuit against private school for accepting the school voucher.

We wait and see what happens...

I'm a christian and I don't go around judging people's personal backgrounds while education and sports are more important to the kids than their personal life at home and such so what they did was a very poor decision and I guess they aren't truly christians after all and whoever judges people like that may *gasp* go to hell!

*whristles*

Steel said:
I'm a christian and I don't go around judging people's personal backgrounds while education and sports are more important to the kids than their personal life at home and such so what they did was a very poor decision and I guess they aren't truly christians after all and whoever judges people like that may *gasp* go to hell!

*whristles*

:werd: :gpost:

I don't like the fact that people put children in the middle. So if the parents are lesbian what does that have to do with children cannot be in school and learn? Why cannot they keep personal life and in school learning separate?

It's a shame that there judgment everywhere. I wonder how the teenager feels that her rights taken away as an American citizen. :(

To be frank, I don't think it's quite right of the school to expel the student just because of her parent's sexual orientation. She's 14, and may be capable of making choices. She's not responsible for her mother's problems, period.

Don't put such a burden onto a child.

For sure, this school isn't spreading the love of God. They don't want to save this girl's soul at all as they were supposed to just because her parents happen to be gay.

Shame on the school for taking such an action on a young one when she hasn't done anything wrong. In fact, this school is encouraging the girl to hate her parents for it, even though they may not be aware of it. But that's what going to happen.

Back