Sarah Palin signing ILY - cool

I am watching closely. If you listen to the cable news networks, they *all* talk about how important it is for the candidates to win Ohio.

Take a look at this website and tell me if Ohio isn't a battleground state:

RealClearPolitics - Battleground States

Quoted from website:

Battleground States
Ohio: McCain vs. Obama

If you don't think Ohio is a battleground state, then *you're* the one who's not paying attention.

Personally, I will not listen to mass media. An incidence occurred and, by statistics, will not happen again. Media will play upon known (or set) perception. Media will tell you, based on past performance, that Ohio will be a "battleground" state.

Ohio is not the battleground state for the Republicans. Ohio is the edge of democratic "Northeast." The "liberal" media will tell you that Ohio, being on the edge of mass civilization, is "blue."

To whom media belongs to?

Personally, I will not listen to mass media. An incidence occurred and, by statistics, will not happen again. Media will play upon known (or set) perception. Media will tell you, based on past performance, that Ohio will be a "battleground" state.

Ohio is not the battleground state for the Republicans. Ohio is the edge of democratic "Northeast." The "liberal" media will tell you that Ohio, being on the edge of mass civilization, is "blue."

To whom media belongs to?

Yet another conservative who thinks there is something called the "liberal media." :roll:

Why don't you go join Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Michelle Malkin and Rush Limbaugh so you can all complain about the "liberal media?"

Typical conservative. :lol:

You can hardly compare Palin with Biden. He is not hidden from anyone. They have not limited his exposure to the press. He has concentrated on small towns appearances because the small town voters were the focus of the campaign. He also has about 30+ years experience on her. And, in the case of something happening to Obama, is perfectly capable of taking over the running of the coutry. Palin, on the other hand, can't even handle an interview with the press without making a fool of herself.
Not unlike Biden who didn't know that it wasn't FDR who was in office at the beginning of the Great Depression, or that television broadcasting wasn't yet available for FDR's national speeches. :lol:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnKcRo8DNYY]YouTube - Biden FDR Gaffe[/ame]
Biden makes FDR gaffe during CBS interview -- Newsday.com

Or this revelation:

"'Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America,' Biden said Wednesday in Nashua, New Hampshire. 'Quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me.'"

Or:

"This is the fellow who nearly derailed his nascent presidential campaign last year by calling Obama bright and clean and articulate and who noted that you needed a slight Indian accent to walk into a Dunkin' Donuts or 7-11 in Delaware."
Biden living up to his gaffe-prone reputation - International Herald Tribune

Not unlike Biden who didn't know that it wasn't FDR who was in office at the beginning of the Great Depression, or that television broadcasting wasn't yet available for FDR's national speeches. :lol:
YouTube - Biden FDR Gaffe
Biden makes FDR gaffe during CBS interview -- Newsday.com

Or this revelation:

"'Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America,' Biden said Wednesday in Nashua, New Hampshire. 'Quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me.'"

Or:

"This is the fellow who nearly derailed his nascent presidential campaign last year by calling Obama bright and clean and articulate and who noted that you needed a slight Indian accent to walk into a Dunkin' Donuts or 7-11 in Delaware."
Biden living up to his gaffe-prone reputation - International Herald Tribune

That may be true, but at least Biden doesn't make as many gaffes as Palin does. Palin is an uncontrollable "gaffe machine." Democrats and Republicans alike know this and it's the major reason why they won't vote for McCain.

That may be true, but at least Biden doesn't make as many gaffes as Palin does. Palin is an uncontrollable "gaffe machine." Democrats and Republicans alike know this and it's the major reason why they won't vote for McCain.
Do you have proof that Biden doesn't make as many gaffes? Also, how do you measure the weight of gaffes?

http://www.the-two-malcontents.com/2008/10/24/media-ignores-biden-gaffes/

If Sarah Palin was half the serial gaffer Joe Biden is, the media would be all over her, insisting that her boo-boos showed her to be incompetent. Yet Biden gets a free pass from the pro-Obama mainstream media (MSM) as he continues to mangle his remarks with remarks with multiple faux pas.

His latest was a beauty, and a serious blow to the reputation of his running mate Barack Obama, who’s already fending off attacks on his own inexperience: “Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

And if that wasn’t enough, he went on to say that Barack Obama would not be up to meeting the crisis and would need help.

The media’s reaction: to swallow whole the Obama camp’s spin. He wasn’t talking about Obama alone, the spinners said, but McCain as well – a flat out lie. He specifically named Obama.

That gaffe has also provided fodder for Sarah Palin, who has been repeating it on the stump since Biden uttered it last weekend.

“Did you hear what Sen. Biden said at a fundraiser on Sunday?" Palin asked at a rally in Troy, Ohio. "He guaranteed—he said mark my words, he guarantees that if Barack Obama is elected, we’ll face an international crisis within the first six months of their administration.”

She then touted Biden’s vast foreign policy experience, using it to point out how the top of the Democratic ticket pales in comparison.

“Senator Obama’s own running mate, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has informed us that a serious international crisis is certain if Obama is elected," Palin said, "and that he is not ready to deal with it and America doesn’t need smooth talk that glosses over that question, we need straight talk that answers it.”

If anything, Biden is full of "straight talk" — but it always raises more questions than answers. Biden shocked many when, during a rally, he asked the wheelchair-bound Missouri politician Chuck Graham to “stand up” at a rally. Realizing his gaffe, he then said, “Oh, God love you, what I am talking about? You’re making everybody else stand up though, aren’t you pal.” He then asked everyone in the room to stand up for Graham.

If McCain or Palin had said such a thing the MSM would have been screeching that they had disparaged all disabled Americans.

On ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Biden wasn’t content merely to proclaim that the wealthy would pay higher taxes if Obama wins the election. He felt obliged to claim that letting the government pick your pocket with higher taxes would be a higher form of patriotism.

Said Joe Biden: “It’s time to be patriotic, time to jump in, time to be part of the deal, time to help get America out of the rut.”

That gem evoked barely a tut-tut from the MSM.

In Ohio, Joe told an environmentalist on the rope line that both he and Obama “are not supporting clean coal” in America despite the fact that Obama does support exploiting clean coal.

One of his most outrageous gaffes came during an interview with Katie Couric when, condemning George Bush’s weak response to the current financial crisis, he said that, when the stock market crashed in 1929, “FDR got on television and explained to the American people what happened.”

Few members of the media bothered to point out that FDR was not president in 1929, or that there were no TVs in people’s homes at the time, and for many years thereafter.

Some of Biden’s gaffes turn out to be patent untruths. In Baltimore he told his audience, “If you want to know where al-Qaida lives, you want to know where bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me. Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are.”

Forced down by hostile gunfire? No, according to Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., who told the Associated Press that the helicopter was “forced down” by a snowstorm.

“It went pretty blind, pretty fast and we were around some pretty dangerous ridges,” Kerry said. “So the pilot exercised his judgment that we were better off putting down there, and we all agreed.”

When CBS asked Biden how he felt about an Obama campaign ad that joked about John McCain’s inability to use a computer, Biden took issue with the attack, saying that in light of the fact that McCain could not type on a computer keyboard because of war injuries, it was “terrible.”

“I didn’t know we did it," he said, insisting that he wouldn’t have approved the ad. But then he went on to contradict himself by defending Obama’s inexcusable decision to approve it. “The answer is I don’t think anything was intentional about that. They were trying to make another point,” he said lamely.

Talking to mine workers in Virginia, Biden said, “Hope you won’t hold it against me, but I am a hard coal miner — anthracite coal, Scranton, Pennsylvania, that’s where I was born and raised.”

Few in the MSM bothered to report that Biden’s father ran a car dealership in Delaware and had worked in the oil business for Biden’s grandfather.

In Nashua, New Hampshire, Biden even questioned Obama’s decision to choose him as his running mate, saying he should have picked Hillary Clinton.

“Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight,” he said. “She’s a truly close personal friend. She is qualified to be president of the United States of America. She’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America and quite frankly it might have been a better pick than me, but she is first-rate.”

In Fort Meyers, Florida, Biden called Barack Obama “Barack America” and referred to the future “Biden administration," before correcting that beaut by saying an “Obama-Biden administration.”

“Believe me, that wasn’t a Freudian slip,” an embarrassed Biden said. “Oh Lordy day, I tell ya.”

During a CNN/YouTube debate in July, Biden recalled that he was shot at seven times inside Iraq’s Green Zone.

Two weeks later, he changed his story, telling The Hill newspaper, “I was near where a shot landed.” He said a shot landed outside the building in the Green Zone where he and another senator spent the night in December 2005. While they were shaving in the morning he said, the building shook.

“No one got up and ran from the room – it wasn’t that kind of thing,” Biden told the Hill. “It’s not like I had someone holding a gun to my head.”

Nor anywhere near it.

Then there was this doozy. Speaking about Obama in January, long before he was picked as his running mate, Biden told The New York Observer, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” Biden said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

He forgot to add, “Man, he sure has rhythm.”

Realizing what he had said, Biden explained, “Barack Obama is probably the most exciting candidate that the Democratic or Republican Party has produced at least since I’ve been around. And he’s fresh. He’s new. He’s smart. He’s insightful. And I really regret that some have taken totally out of context my use of the world ‘clean.’”

In June 2006, Biden noted, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”

His staff explained, “The point Senator Biden was making is that there has been a vibrant Indian-American community in Delaware for decades.”

Working in 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts, where they belong, of course.

All in all, some record for a man who had the nerve to question Sarah Palin’s qualifications to be a nominee for the vice presidency. Had she racked up such a chronicle of confused rhetoric the MSM would never let us forget it. But with Biden, it’s all just clean good fun.

Don't ask Biden any hard questions.

Journalist asks Biden real questions, Obama campaign blacklists station

Sen. Joe Biden faced the only real interview he or his running mate have faced anywhere on Planet Earth. WFTV Channel 9 (Orlando) reporter Barbara West asked real questions and it’s obvious Biden is rattled. It’s hard to tell how long this video will be available—it’s a real look at a campaign whose strategists have played directly to media, creating an illusion that leaves many voters clueless about what they’ll get if Democrats win the White House and gain even more control of Congress in the November election.

At one point, Biden snaps, “I don’t know who’s writing your questions.” West had asked Biden about Obama’s “spread the wealth” response to Joe the Plumber, likening that approach to Marxism. Joe the Plumber had asked Obama about his plans to raise taxes on higher incomes when the Democratic presidential candidate strolled through Joe’s neighborhood with a film crew. For asking that simple question, Joe the Plumber was investigated and subsequently filleted by media. And The Columbus Dispatch reported on Friday, “Public records requested by The Dispatch disclose that information on [Joe the Plumber] Wurzelbacher's driver's license or his sport-utility vehicle was pulled from the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles database three times shortly after the debate.”

ABC’s Good Morning America asked Obama if he regretted using the term “spread the wealth.” He said, “Not at all.”

Biden was so angry about West’s questions his campaign canceled a scheduled interview with his wife. The Orlando Sentinel said Laura K. McGinnis, Central Florida communications director for the Obama campaign, told WFTV: "This cancellation is non-negotiable, and further opportunities for your station to interview with this campaign are unlikely, at best for the duration of the remaining days until the election."

WFTV’s West stands out as the only reporter to ask tough questions of anyone affiliated with the Obama campaign. Mass media have grilled both Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin relentlessly for months.
The US Report - The US Report - Journalist asks Biden real questions, Obama campaign blacklists station

The Drudge is breaking an exclusive story about the Obama campaign kicking three major newspaper journalist of his jet. They include NY POST, Dallas Morning News and the Washington Times …. all three endorsed John McCain.

For Barack Obama’s final days of his air blitz over contested states newly vacant seats will be filled by reporters from JET and ESSENCE magazines, according to Drudge Report.

All three newspaper journalist Obama kicked off his plane have spent several months covering the rise of Obama at great expense. All three newspapers spent a week pleading with the Obama campaign to keep their seats to no avail.

There may be additional reporters and journalist kicked off Barak Obama’s final tour before election day to make room for a documentary film team to document the final days of Senator Barack Obama’s historic campaign to become the first black American president.
Barack Obama kicks three journalist off plane to make room for documentary film crew | Daily Newscaster

Do you have proof that Biden doesn't make as many gaffes? Also, how do you measure the weight of gaffes?

If you look at:

Dumb Sarah Palin Quotes - Top 10 Stupid Palin Quotes

and then do a search on the Internet for "stupid Palin quotes" vs. "stupid Biden quotes" you will see that Palin has more gaffes than Biden.

That might also be a reason why Saturday Night Live doesn't parody Biden as much as they do Palin.

How do you measure the weight of gaffes? You measure them by comparing the gaffes made by Biden vs. those made by Palin. Those made by Palin center around her lack of knowledge regarding the American government and geography.

For example, not knowing the responsibilities of the Vice President, thinking that the state of New Hampshire was in the "Great Northwest" and not knowing the name of Canada's prime minister (Stephen Harper) just to name a few.

Don't ask Biden any hard questions.

Biden is certainly more capable of answering hard questions better than Palin. Palin can't even conduct a one-on-one interview without looking foolish and speaking in incomplete sentences.

...For example, not knowing the responsibilities of the Vice President, thinking that the state of New Hampshire was in the "Great Northwest" and not knowing the name of Canada's prime minister (Stephen Harper) just to name a few.
Not so bad as Obama not knowing we have 50 states, or this:

Many believe that Barack Obama chose Joe Biden for his running mate to address a profound weakness on foreign policy. Power Line points out an example of the Biden prowess on foreign relations that first appeared in The New Republic’s profile of Biden from October 2001. In a vignette at the end of the article, Biden ponders mightily over how the US should respond to 9/11:

At the Tuesday-morning meeting with committee staffers, Biden launches into a stream-of-consciousness monologue about what his committee should be doing, before he finally admits the obvious: “I’m groping here.” Then he hits on an idea: America needs to show the Arab world that we’re not bent on its destruction. “Seems to me this would be a good time to send, no strings attached, a check for $200 million to Iran,” Biden declares. He surveys the table with raised eyebrows, a How do ya like that? look on his face.

The staffers sit in silence. Finally somebody ventures a response: “I think they’d send it back.” Then another aide speaks up delicately: “The thing I would worry about is that it would almost look like a publicity stunt.” Still another reminds Biden that an Iranian delegation is in Moscow that very day to discuss a $300 million arms deal with Vladimir Putin that the United States has strongly condemned. But Joe Biden is barely listening anymore. He’s already moved on to something else.

First, Iranians aren’t Arabs. They’re Persians, as both Arabs and Iranians would quickly point out to anyone ignorant of the distinction. They have no relation linguistically or culturally, except that both are predominantly Islamic. One would expect a foreign-policy expert to know at least that much. Team Obama ridiculed John McCain when he inadvertently mixed up Sunnis and Shi’ites, but this is much more fundamental.

Beyond that, what would a check for $200 million have bought us with the Iranians? We know what it would have bought for the Iranians — more resources for the nuclear-weapons program already in progress in Tehran. Bear in mind that this was shortly after the attacks on New York City and Washington had caused billions of dollars in damage and perhaps trillions in economic impact, not to mention the 3,000 lives that terrorists ended on that day. If Biden wanted to spend $200 million, maybe he would have thought to spend it on Americans, and not the nation that even then was the acknowledged leader in financing terrorism around the world.

I’m sorry, but a man who thinks it appropriate to send hundreds of millions of dollars — “no strings attached” — to a terror-sponsoring regime in order to make America a supplicant of radicals is no foreign-policy genius.
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Biden’s foreign-policy chops

Back