Ride with Pride!

I don't like it. I also see no need for it other than pandering. It's not even a legitimate marketing campaign since it offers no special discounts or incentives. It's just another step in making "alternate lifestyles" more acceptable to the general public.

Why do you ask?

I love it!! If people can line up in support of chick fli a or whatever it called
Amtrak has the same rights to have a Ride with Pride campaign. And why are people so up tight about gay people getting married? Do they think the end of the world will come?? I think people should be more concerned about people like Jerry Sandusky than what people do in their own bedrooms.

I love it!! If people can line up in support of chick fli a or whatever it called
Amtrak has the same rights to have a Ride with Pride campaign. And why are people so up tight about gay people getting married? Do they think the end of the world will come?? I think people should be more concerned about people like Jerry Sandusky than what people do in their own bedrooms.
I never said that Amtrak didn't have the right to have a Ride with Pride campaign. I'm not going to protest that.

I don't know about "people" but I'm against same-sex marriage because it promotes an immoral lifestyle as being normal.

I'm also concerned about the Sandusky pedophiles in our country.

If people kept their behaviors confined to their own bedrooms there wouldn't be so much outrage. But they want public acceptance.

that's not what I said at all. my previous post should suffice -

meaning... Amtrak's showing its support to fend off the bullies.
You really see that in their ads?

I didn't read anything about bullying in the ads. Maybe it was in the fine print that I couldn't see.

I didn't say bullying. I said it was showing a support for gay community in response to publicized corporation's close-minded anti-gay stance.

nothing wrong with it, right?

I didn't say bullying. I said it was showing a support for gay community in response to corporation's close-minded anti-gay stance.

Well, if you or whoever wants to stick it where the sun don't shine...be my guest. I really couldn't care less.

Well, if you or whoever wants to stick it where the sun don't shine...be my guest. I really couldn't care less.

if you don't care, then why bother replying? that means you do care and you want to stick it in there. :shock:

I didn't say bullying. I said it was showing a support for gay community in response to corporation's close-minded anti-gay stance.
"Amtrak's showing its support to fend off the bullies."

Nothing wrong with being against bullying.

I'm sorry, I'm really not following your point on this. I don't see any connection with their ads to any other corporations. :dunno:

"Amtrak's showing its support to fend off the bullies."

Nothing wrong with being against bullying.

I'm sorry, I'm really not following your point on this. I don't see any connection with their ads to any other corporations. :dunno:

Chick-fil-A is using its corporate muscle to voice its anti-gay opinion.

Amtrak is using its corporate muscle to voice its support for gay community.

Chick-fil-A is using its corporate muscle to voice its anti-gay opinion.
That hasn't happened.

The president simply stated his viewpoint on same-sex marriage. They gave money to Christian organizations that oppose same-sex marriage. No one at Chick-fil-A said they were anti-gay.

Amtrak is using its corporate muscle to voice its support for gay community.
Corporate muscle? It's an advertising campaign.

I didn't even think Amtrak had any corporate muscle. I thought they were having financial struggles.

That hasn't happened.

The president simply stated his viewpoint on same-sex marriage. They gave money to Christian organizations that oppose same-sex marriage. No one at Chick-fil-A said they were anti-gay.

I didn't even think Amtrak had any corporate muscle. I thought they were having financial struggles.

AFA and FRC aren't only oppose same sex marriage but they want make whole homosexuality illegal, especially criminalize for homosexual acts or behavior.

That hasn't happened.

opposing same-sex marriage is anti-gay...

it's still a huge corporation with huge audience with ability to spread message to public.

heck... just about almost all corporations are always having financial struggles anyway except Apple :lol:

I never said that Amtrak didn't have the right to have a Ride with Pride campaign. I'm not going to protest that.

I don't know about "people" but I'm against same-sex marriage because it promotes an immoral lifestyle as being normal.

I'm also concerned about the Sandusky pedophiles in our country.

If people kept their behaviors confined to their own bedrooms there wouldn't be so much outrage. But they want public acceptance.

And why should gay people be treated as second class citizens? There is nothing immortal about two people being in love no matter what sex they're.
I see nothing wrong with two men or women getting married. Gay people should have the same rights as anyone else. I know women that been together for years and one couple ran a very successful business in my city for years . They lived a very moral life , I know people that are not gay and they live a very immoral life! My ex brother is one of them, he raped my older sister. Heterosexual people can live an immoral lifestyle and think it 'normal'
And just what is 'normal'? God you sound like you are living in the dark ages.
"But they want public acceptance." I am so glad I do not think like you or I would miss out on having a great friend that was gay. We had a blast riding around Boston on his motorcycle and going to parties.

I didn't say bullying. I said it was showing a support for gay community in response to publicized corporation's close-minded anti-gay stance.

IMO there is something wrong with it....As Reba said it is pandering. In a way it's a bait and switch.....they already offer that discount to everyone. If I were gay I would be offended and feel used by such a publicity stunt.....especially if there was no added value for me as a customer. They can advertise however they want....I couldn't care less. And if I ever choose to take the train I certainly wouldn't boycott over something so trivial. But to act like they are making a special offer to show their support is disingenuous at best.

IMO there is something wrong with it....As Reba said it is pandering. In a way it's a bait and switch.....they already offer that discount to everyone. If I were gay I would be offended and feel used by such a publicity stunt.....especially if there was no added value for me as a customer. They can advertise however they want....I couldn't care less. And if I ever choose to take the train I certainly wouldn't boycott over something so trivial. But to act like they are making a special offer to show their support is disingenuous at best.

Being gay doesn't make me stupid. It says kids ride for half price, not "only your kids ride for half price because you're a giant homo". When you see pictures of straight families in advertising do you assume that the advertised deal is only for heterosexuals?

Last edited:
Back