Ride with Pride!

Not true....in fact there are gays who are against gay marriage.

there are deaf people who are against ASL.
there are black people who are against black people.
list goes on.

so?

IMO there is something wrong with it....As Reba said it is pandering. In a way it's a bait and switch.....they already offer that discount to everyone. If I were gay I would be offended and feel used by such a publicity stunt.....especially if there was no added value for me as a customer. They can advertise however they want....I couldn't care less. And if I ever choose to take the train I certainly wouldn't boycott over something so trivial. But to act like they are making a special offer to show their support is disingenuous at best.

this is a classic example of "taking it out of context". spoken like a true politician :lol:

and why would you be offended about it? what's the difference if it were heterosexual couples? publicity stunt? what publicity stunt? gay couples can have children, right?

Wow. We live in an era where double standards are the norm.

opposing same-sex marriage is anti-gay...

it's still a huge corporation with huge audience with ability to spread message to public.

heck... just about almost all corporations are always having financial struggles anyway except Apple :lol:

I just heard on the news that Chick fila give a lot of money to anti-gay groups.
Chick fila now has policemen in their stores. Some gay men where protesting by having a lips lock at a store and this was on the news , and a cop was there.

IMO there is something wrong with it....As Reba said it is pandering. In a way it's a bait and switch.....they already offer that discount to everyone. If I were gay I would be offended and feel used by such a publicity stunt.....especially if there was no added value for me as a customer. They can advertise however they want....I couldn't care less. And if I ever choose to take the train I certainly wouldn't boycott over something so trivial. But to act like they are making a special offer to show their support is disingenuous at best.

What about seniors getting a discount at movies , bus rides etc is that pandering too? The thing I find really amazing is how one reporter asking
the owner of chick fila how he feel about gay marriages set of a huge debate.

this is a classic example of "taking it out of context". spoken like a true politician :lol:

and why would you be offended about it? what's the difference if it were heterosexual couples? publicity stunt? what publicity stunt? gay couples can have children, right?

Reread my post....it was very clear......Also don't forget the "if I were gay" part.....That is pretty important to understanding the post.

there are deaf people who are against ASL.
there are black people who are against black people.
list goes on.

so?

So...it is incorrect to say people who are against gay marriage are "anti-gay". Also, if you look at your post above, you made a big logical error....I am sure you will see it.

I just heard on the news that Chick fila give a lot of money to anti-gay groups.
Chick fila now has policemen in their stores. Some gay men where protesting by having a lips lock at a store and this was on the news , and a cop was there.

Yeah, so?

And why should gay people be treated as second class citizens? There is nothing immortal about two people being in love no matter what sex they're.
I see nothing wrong with two men or women getting married. Gay people should have the same rights as anyone else. I know women that been together for years and one couple ran a very successful business in my city for years . They lived a very moral life , I know people that are not gay and they live a very immoral life! My ex brother is one of them, he raped my older sister. Heterosexual people can live an immoral lifestyle and think it 'normal'
And just what is 'normal'? God you sound like you are living in the dark ages.
"But they want public acceptance." I am so glad I do not think like you or I would miss out on having a great friend that was gay. We had a blast riding around Boston on his motorcycle and going to parties.

Why should they get a discount or preferential treatment for being gay?! And if it's not directed towards the gay community then why advertise in this way? It is their right just like Chick-Fil-A but why?? Their business I suppose but I won't be riding Amtrak anytime soon!

Last edited:

Good for Chick-Fil-A!

Why should they get a discount or preferential treatment for being gay?! And if it's not directed towards the gay community then why advertise in this way? It is their right just like Chick-Fil-A but why?? Their business I suppose but I won't be riding Amtrak anytime soon!

It is just Amtrak shows their support to gay community.

Yeah, so?

It is looks like people are worried things could get ugly ,why else would else cops be there? This is one of my concerns , I just hope this does not turn violent. Maybe you're are too young to remember the 60's.

If this is true Chick-Fil-A is anti gay and I will not go a store knowing they're anti gay, I wonder if Chick-Fil-A is against women rights too.

If by "Chick-Fil-a" you mean The owners and by "women's rights" you mean abortion, I can assure you that "they" are.

Reread my post....it was very clear......Also don't forget the "if I were gay" part.....That is pretty important to understanding the post.

but you're not. and I don't see any outrage from actual, real gay people :wave:

and I believe you are being dishonest with yourself. you know why? looking at your post from other thread called "10 things you shouldn't say to a deaf person"... you said

Can honestly say that none of these would bother me. I actually see most of them as good conversation starters (except #1 of course. Lol)
well you're deaf and you don't get offended and bothered by it. then if you were gay.... you wouldn't get offended and bothered by it. heck - it'll probably make a good conversation starter for you! :cool2:

Amtrak needs to do something to improve their bottom line.

"Amtrak Chugs Deeper Into the Red
Railroad Warns That Rising Ridership Can't Offset Drag of Money-Losing, Long-Distance Routes
By JOSH MITCHELL

Amtrak's financial losses are projected to widen this year despite rising ridership, the top executive of the government-subsidized rail system said Tuesday.

Amtrak blames the red ink on rising compensation costs for union workers and increased costs for fuel, materials and other expenses. Amtrak is making money on its heavily traveled Northeast Corridor between Boston and Washington, serving mostly commuters, executives said. But money-losing, long-distance routes are a drag on the bottom line, Amtrak says.

Amtrak officials project an operating loss of $506 million in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, up from a loss of $419.9 million last year. Officials have projected a loss of $616 million next year...."
Amtrak Losses to Widen Even as Ridership Rises - WSJ.com

"Amtrak Losing Millions Each Year on Food Sales
By RON NIXON
Published: August 2, 2012

WASHINGTON — Amtrak lost more than $800 million on its food and beverage services over the last 10 years, largely because of waste, employee theft and lack of proper oversight, government auditors have found...."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/03/u...llion-on-food-in-last-decade-audit-finds.html

Amtrak needs to do something to improve their bottom line.

"Amtrak Chugs Deeper Into the Red
Railroad Warns That Rising Ridership Can't Offset Drag of Money-Losing, Long-Distance Routes
By JOSH MITCHELL

Amtrak's financial losses are projected to widen this year despite rising ridership, the top executive of the government-subsidized rail system said Tuesday.

Amtrak blames the red ink on rising compensation costs for union workers and increased costs for fuel, materials and other expenses. Amtrak is making money on its heavily traveled Northeast Corridor between Boston and Washington, serving mostly commuters, executives said. But money-losing, long-distance routes are a drag on the bottom line, Amtrak says.

Amtrak officials project an operating loss of $506 million in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, up from a loss of $419.9 million last year. Officials have projected a loss of $616 million next year...."
Amtrak Losses to Widen Even as Ridership Rises - WSJ.com

"Amtrak Losing Millions Each Year on Food Sales
By RON NIXON
Published: August 2, 2012

WASHINGTON — Amtrak lost more than $800 million on its food and beverage services over the last 10 years, largely because of waste, employee theft and lack of proper oversight, government auditors have found...."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/03/u...llion-on-food-in-last-decade-audit-finds.html

And "riding on CFA's coat-tails".....

Back