Returning Adopted Deaf Children...

Yea, I've seen it yesterday.. Breath carried away. Really hurts me alot because stupid couples are giving up their adopt Deaf Child and return back to Agency..

*cough* Wha.. a joke?
Stupid Couples!

There was a well-known deaf family from Frederick, MD who adopted a deaf girl and gave her up after several years because she was too difficult for the family. That family has two deaf birth sons. I think parents are very selfish. If their birth sons are difficult, would they give them up? I doubt it! Makes me boiling mad to hear stories like that.

I know, what Deaf America talked about. It is regarding to the Deaf parents who gave up their Russian beautiful daughter few years ago. They moved to MD from Massachusetts. We are extremely disgusted with those Deaf parents.

However, I never forgot, they dropped off their daughter at my friend's house when they took their two Deaf sons to the skiing for a week in Vermont because they could not handle with this adopt daughter.

As sad as this is, isn't there a 'link' providing to the story itself rather than excerpts from others via Blogs/Vlogs? If so, it would be good to see if all possible, if not, then it may be understandable due to the fact that this girl is a minor and confidentiality prevents any details pertaining to the former adoptive parents and child.

I tried to find it, but there is nothing. It was mentioned that it is at ListenUp, a Yahoo! group. But I can't gain access to it as it is restricted to parents of deaf and HOH children.

I viewed DeafMom3´s video at home computer today... :tears: It´s emotion to watch her...

Sick situation...

That's a good idea!

I feel sorry for the little girl. I hope she'll get a great family and that she'll have counselling to overcome feelings of rejection and whatnot.
They did something similar years ago, but I don't know if they still do it today.

There's a group that tracks down people who don't pay child support. What they do is pick a person who owes a lot of money in child support and post that person's name on the billboard. "(insert full name here) owes (insert amount of money owed) in child support." ;)

Jeez! That is very sad and I am speechless. I hope the adoption agency put that parents on the ban list and alert all the other adoption agency. That parents should not adopts ANY child at all in future.

I tried to find it, but there is nothing. It was mentioned that it is at ListenUp, a Yahoo! group. But I can't gain access to it as it is restricted to parents of deaf and HOH children.

Hmmmmm......why am I not surprised?

As sad as this is, isn't there a 'link' providing to the story itself rather than excerpts from others via Blogs/Vlogs? If so, it would be good to see if all possible, if not, then it may be understandable due to the fact that this girl is a minor and confidentiality prevents any details pertaining to the former adoptive parents and child.

yeah, I was hoping for a link to the actual story. i don't mean to offend, but i'll probably stay under the impression that the story was made up entirely (well, i'm THAT shocked!) until i read the story off a legitimate source.

yeah, I was hoping for a link to the actual story. i don't mean to offend, but i'll probably stay under the impression that the story was made up entirely (well, i'm THAT shocked!) until i read the story off a legitimate source.

I have been told on several occasions that it is not uncommon for parents to return children after adopting them within a couple years. I even have heard of some where they gave the child up after 5 to 10 years of being in the family.

It happens more than people would even possibly imagine.

I have been told on several occasions that it is not uncommon for parents to return children after adopting them within a couple years. I even have heard of some where they gave the child up after 5 to 10 years of being in the family.

It happens more than people would even possibly imagine.

that's sickening... actually i believed that already, i'm a little unsure as to why i made that post in the first place. still, it'd be nice to have like, a link to a news article or something. but i can understand how that would be virtually unattainable.

that's sickening... actually i believed that already, i'm a little unsure as to why i made that post in the first place. still, it'd be nice to have like, a link to a news article or something. but i can understand how that would be virtually unattainable.

Yes, I also would like a direct link to a story. Maybe something will show up shortly. I wonder if it's the confidentiality that people may be guaranteed, which prevent the horror stories from making the news.

Yes, I also would like a direct link to a story. Maybe something will show up shortly. I wonder if it's the confidentiality that people may be guaranteed, which prevent the horror stories from making the news.

Yes, confidentaility ethical guidelines come into play with the release of information like this.

They did something similar years ago, but I don't know if they still do it today.

There's a group that tracks down people who don't pay child support. What they do is pick a person who owes a lot of money in child support and post that person's name on the billboard. "(insert full name here) owes (insert amount of money owed) in child support." ;)

I think that's a great idea! We should implement that in Australia, but I fear we won't. We're, in my opinion, are not always tough on deadbeat parents who owes back child support.

They did say something about deducting child support from a deadbeat dad's pension because he quit his job so he won't have to pay support. But I dunno if they did that.

I think that's a great idea! We should implement that in Australia, but I fear we won't. We're, in my opinion, are not always tough on deadbeat parents who owes back child support.

They did say something about deducting child support from a deadbeat dad's pension because he quit his job so he won't have to pay support. But I dunno if they did that.
I think that the deadbeat dad still has to pay a percentage of whatever he gets. If he gets pension, then he still has to pay a percentage.

However, I think that the percentage is stupid... because there are a lot of mothers out there who take advantage of the money and the kid only gets a tiny percentage of it.

I had a roommate who was paying child support for 3 kids. Yet, his ex-girlfriend never got each kid their own bed... had decent furnitures... good food... etc. All the kids slept on the same mattress which was on the floor. She basically hosted a huge party every month whenever she got the child support money and locked the kids in their room as she partied. He worked hard to make more money and when it came time to get his tax return, the whole return was given to his ex-girlfriend. As soon as she got the check, she called and said... "The kids are yours! Goodbye!" He got the kids and never saw his money again.

Back