Religion, Christianity and Spiritual Forum

Do you want a Religion, Christianity and Spiritual Forum in AD?

• Yes

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I don't care or it don't matter

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
Religion and Spiritual Forum

Hi Members,

I've thought of this for the last couple of days now and thought I could start a poll on having a religion and spiritual forum here in AD, of course Alex will make a final decision whether we will have one here in AD or not....I will accept either decision he will make.... :)

I am aware of the discussions in the past about having such a forum here in AD, and now I thought of setting up a poll for this....

Please let's not have any name calling, bashing or disrespect with other members here in this thread.... Also, you can have the option of explaining your choice or simply just vote :) ...

Thank you!

Last edited:
From the all gold Spanish cathedrals to the rings of rocks at a Masai ceremony. We should discuss different aspects of religion. There's many forms of faith worship and I feel its high time we take a look at them in this forum. I'm happy to be free from being associated with any religion.

Richard

I voted YES.

But, make me out of curious about this title. I wonder why did u put "Christianity between Religion and Spiritual. Let u know Christianity is a religion. Therefore, I prefers "Religion and Spirituality. Just suggest that's all.

I voted 'yes'....

As for Christianity and Religion...the two may sound very connected to one another, but there are ppls. who are 'religious' and others that prefers to be considered a 'christian'...simply put, there are ppls. out there that identify their connection with God to being a Christianity INSTEAD of being a 'religion'...I do believe that is why ^Angel^ put that in there as it is...out of referrence to those who prefer their faith and belief to be Christianity rather than a religion...and for those others that believes it's a religion that they are into....

As for myself, I like to be considered associated into Christianity rather than a religion....

Furthermore...as for 'religion'...there ARE many kinds and types of religions besides the ones that believe in a God....so generally the category under 'Religion' covers a wide range of other faith or beliefs....

So with this Forum being polled...this Forum's concept would be covering a wide range of beliefs...discussions, views, etc....

I still consider "Christianity" as a religion. Don't need to seperate between the christianity and any religions. Look at Dictionary.com. Let me copy and paste.

4 entries found for christianity.
Chris·ti·an·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krsch-n-t, krst-)
n.
The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.
Christians as a group; Christendom.
The state or fact of being a Christian.
pl. Chris·ti·an·i·ties A particular form or sect of the Christian religion: the Christianities of antiquity

yes BUT,delte the christinity, and use reglion and sprituatliy thats all. I agree with lasza abt this as well and her defineation of that shows it all. so its one seperate word and it singifies only christian and it does fall under reglion. thats IMO :)

The title of this thread is an example, and that will be Alex's decision on what title he would use in his forum just like he did for the Rainbow if he approves... :thumb:

Mods, you have my permission to remove the ' Christianity ' if you want! :)

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
The title of this thread is an example, and that will be Alex's decision on what title he would use in his forum just like he did for the Rainbow if he approves... :thumb:

Don't forgot about Parent Forum. Animal Forum is pending for new addition for AllDeaf.com.

I do believe Religion & Spirituality forum requires to have more attention from the moderatorers due of flaming, naming, insuliting, unhealthy debate, and others u can name. In the past, a several thread related to relgions, they are locked due of various reasons. Up to Alex's decision if he doesn't mind or not. Consider AllDeaf.com is diversity, IMO.

Lasza said:
I do believe Religion & Spirituality forum requires to have more attention from the moderatorers due of flaming, naming, insuliting, unhealthy debate, and others u can name. In the past, a several thread related to relgions, they are locked due of various reasons. Up to Alex's decision if he doesn't mind or not. Consider AllDeaf.com is diversity, IMO.

Lasza,

I understand where you are coming from, but let's not forget we have serveral threads being locked in Ci, and others because of the name calling, insulting , flaming and etc... and those threads were not all related to religion...

To be honest, I am really getting tired of seeing good threads being locked because of the name calling, insulting, flaming and etc, when we can't even be civil with one other.....so no matter what forum is being added here in AD, it's us who need to take a step back and respond in the best way we possibly can.... ;)

I voted yes...(scrappin the paper by saying YES)....yes we shuld have...because having Christianity forum will help us to sense safeguard where we can openly discuss the perspective and belief of Christianity. I wish this forum to have no room for anyone who want to distort or disavow the truth...smile

The Hapsburgs and Habsburgs fought the 30 years war over territories for their brands of Christianity.

Local tribal shammans gather together in a talking circle to bring out the pretty words of the great spirit.

Which one will this thread turn into?

Richard

Just few things to mention....

I realized this it is better to put up with Religion and Spiritual Category then once you click to enter then there can have other cateorgy called Christianity..where there's some deaf christians who can become comfort to discuss openly about their faith in Lord. It hurts to see when a person who do damage by attack the person who have strong faith in Lord...so this caterogy will have no room for anyone who wishes to distort or twist the doctrinal into meaningless perspective.

Second, it would be nice to present with testimonies on how God have blessed their life.

Third, I would be nice to provide with information of event related to religion for good example 2 weeks ago, Deaf Assemblies of God just hosted 25th Biennienl Deaf National Fellowship Conference in Barrington, Rhode Island. It is just one of good example...

What do u think...any feedback...it isnt focus on Christianity...there are some strong devoted Catholic out there too...

If there are enough religion related threads posted, and if the majority of votes are "Yes", then I'll seriously consider creating a new forum for it.

Not for nothing, all ideas and suggestions to improve AllDeaf are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ranjeeshes took over a city and practiced open sex and dressed in morning red. They also were criminally responsible for the salmonella outbreak.

Hare krishinas dance with 5 small flames among them in a room half filled room with incense. They have $3.00 all you can eat vegetarian feast each Sunday night!

Richard

Alex said:
If there are enough religion related threads posted, and if the majority of votes are "Yes", then I'll seriously consider creating a new forum for it.

Not for nothing, all ideas and suggestions to improve AllDeaf are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I understand .. no problem! :thumb:

Thank you for responding and I do appreciated it! ;)

:giggle: funni Nesmuth, was that a joke or did it really happened?...

I vote YES!

I'm interesting to read/share bible stories with you all.

I voted no because religion has always been a controversial issue and I'm sure there'll be a lot of heated debates and debacles over the different religions. Just don't want to see it abused and slandering others, you know?
Best not to have that added.

I understand...and Thank you all for voting! :) ...

Back