Religion and Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My classmate married to this deaf girl. Her DR warned her NOT to get pregnant because of the highest risk upon her health. Her husband wanted a baby. She went ahead to get pregnant. Her DR ordered her under care. DR told her it is too risk for her to born a baby. Dr ordered her to have c-section. They had a healthy baby. DR saved her life and her baby at the same time.

Not everyone will be as fortunate as your friend.

Life begins at conception when the sperm enters the egg.
Exactly! You are right.
But I will never forget the day when I saw my unborn babies' heartbeats through an ultrasound television screen and I felt the sound vibration too, it was one of the best day of my life.
Wonderful! When my wife had an ultrasound television screen between 7 to 9 weeks (I can't remember), I saw our unborn baby's arms were moving a little bit. It caused me very emotion and cry. I never forget.

Because the unborn is wanted by the said parent and therefore it constitutes a double murder....

How do you really know that? and beside you're missing the whole point.

My classmate married to this deaf girl. Her DR warned her NOT to get pregnant because of the highest risk upon her health. Her husband wanted a baby. She went ahead to get pregnant. Her DR ordered her under care. DR told her it is too risk for her to born a baby. Dr ordered her to have c-section. They had a healthy baby. DR saved her life and her baby at the same time.

Awesome and I've heard of this before, let me see if I can find the article that happened to this other woman like it happened to your friend here.

I love hearing happy endings.

For some reason people thinks abortion is okay because it's the mother's body and her choice and the innocent fetus is thrown out in a trash can or in a toliet but however when a person kills a pregnant woman and her unborn fetus, that person gets charged with double murder and yet no one sees this as a double standard? How interesting.

Not necessarily. The charge can only be leveled if the fetus had reached the point of probable viability. In other words, had it been born at the exact time that the murder occurred, it would have had a good chance of survival. And, the reason that a fetus dies when a woman who is preganant is murdered, is because it is dependent upon her system for survival. It cannot survive without the woman.

Not necessarily. The charge can only be leveled if the fetus had reached the point of probable viability. In other words, had it been born at the exact time that the murder occurred, it would have had a good chance of survival. And, the reason that a fetus dies when a woman who is preganant is murdered, is because it is dependent upon her system for survival. It cannot survive without the woman.

Once again you said it well, I agree with your statment. :cool:

"If a choice is hard, dont worry. It's all right. You should be happy that you are here to make a right desicion for your child and you. You have your full of supportive people you know who. Life is wonderful no what matter." - CrazyCl0wnGirl67 (on LJ or DJ community I think.)

Right you are!

Even in the AD threads, when someone posts a tragic story about a pregnant mom and her baby being killed, all the "pro-choice" supporters boo-hoo and lament the loss of the baby, and use these against the killer:
:mad: :rl: :pissed: :rifle:

What's the difference (to the baby) whether it is killed by a blood-thirsty pervert, or a white-smocked clinic staffer?

the different is when the pregnant mom is killed by a blood-thirsty pervert.....is that it was not her choice.....

When a white-smocked clinic staffer does it....meaning she went to the clinic... it was her choice...

BIG difference I would say...

the different is when the pregnant mom is killed by a blood-thirsty pervert.....is that it was not her choice.....

When a white-smocked clinic staffer does it....meaning she went to the clinic... it was her choice...

Exactly. The whole point is choice. If the woman chooses to die, it is suicide, not murder.

My question was:

"What's the difference (to the baby) whether it is killed by a blood-thirsty pervert, or a white-smocked clinic staffer?"

So, what's the difference to the baby?

The baby gets no choice in either situation.

My question was:

"What's the difference (to the baby) whether it is killed by a blood-thirsty pervert, or a white-smocked clinic staffer?"

The first one is still... the pregnant mom had no choice

the second one is still....it was her choice...

any ways to explain how I view abortions...

Now...Like I said before,, I am Pro choice,,due to certain circumstances on the mother and the unborn.

but I do not believe it should not be a birth control method.....

It is not that I'm unsure....I just have a different view...

Jillos post

Exactly. The whole point is choice. If the woman chooses to die, it is suicide, not murder.

EXACTLY

(excuse me for yelling you both) :Oops:

In my religion, there is pretty significant debate in regards to what point abortion is allowed. Since there is no explicit mention of abortion in Holy text, it's very difficult to come to a universal conclusion on if and when a Muslim is allowed to abort.

The Qur'an does tell us "kill not your children..." Thus, essentially, most of us believe (myself included) that abortion is allowed until such point we call the fetus our "child" or when it is believed to have a -soul-. People's views generally range from 40 to 120 days. Thus, although a fetus is not created with a soul, when it is believed to have a soul, it is murder and not abortion. Abortion might be allowed past that point, if there is no chance of the child surviving and it is a risk to the mother's health.

We believe in guarding life whenever possible, but all the same, God doesn't make life needlessly difficult for us. We are only faced with what we can handle. :)

Last edited:
My question was:

:bowdown: Reba, LOL

There has been a lot of premature birth where fetus are born undeveloped stage, and haven't even gone all the way to 9 months pregnacy but however through medical technlogy, these babies can be kept alive but sometimes they may have problems but not all of them dies. There should be no difference.

The laws sees a fetus as a living human being, however I can truly understand that the only differences in this is killing the fetus against the mother's wishes. And I'm not here trying to force my thoughts and beliefs on others but somehow I'm getting the feelings that you seem to have the answer to everything without understanding where exactly I'm coming from on this also. :-/

The first one is still... the pregnant mom had no choice

the second one is still....it was her choice......

Mother has a choice to kill her unborn, so that means the mother also has a choice to kill her own children after birth after all it's her choice right?

My question is who decide to have a choice? Isn't having a child is God's gift to us, and we decide when to kill that gift?

Do you deny the Bible said that a fetus is a child? See my post #55 Yes, she would.

Yes I have read your post #55. The fact is a fetus is not a child YET. The baby, infant or child is not a fetus. A baby is a human being and a fetus develop into human (from fetus to a child).

To solve the problem is to have c-section instead of abortion. Let me tell you a TRUE story of a deaf girl whom I know well.

Yes I know what you mean but it's not always all.

Partial-birth abortion is banned in Europe country, not that like what I saw picture of partial-birth abortion at other thread. The doctor got mother drugs to push dead fetus out of their womb or it is rare to save fetus's life after c-section to save mother's risk life but it's not alway luck. Your friend is one of lucky people. It's rarely to save her risk life when she continue to have a baby when she know it would risk her life.

I personally against to abort a fetus AFTER 12 weeks but I force to do it to save my risk life and my family's sake. I would urge doctor to save fetus's life if I decide to save my risk life for myself and my familiy's sake. I has to accept the fact if the doctor said it's unpossible. I disagree to consider it as murder when she want to save her risk life.

Let me tell you the story what I read the magazine about Rominan learn that she had a bladder cancer and decide to not abort her fetus. She thought she would beat cancer after birth. Unfortunlately not, she died several days later after gave birth to a daughter. Sadly is she decide for scarifice her life to keep her fetus alive over her famliy (she had a husband and 2 small children). I would not risk my life for to save fetus to leave my family heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back