Votes: 28 63.6%
  • No Way

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • build something else on New Orleans, but not houses

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

The*Empress

Reaction score
I don't think they should rebuild New Orleans, I think they should just bulldozed that place and just put beaches around the French Quarter
and monuments for those who died.

If you dont want "they" to build New Orlean, then fight for it... there's nothing we can do about it. But a thousands voices will be heard but if you live in New Orlean and love that city. You would want it to be rebuilt cuz thousands people will go homeless cuz of possibility of destroying the city.. Poor them and Lucky many of US have a roof. I give my pity on those people who have died during the Hurricane...

Miss P, my other comments is... WATCH THE TV ALL ABOUT PPL IN NEW ORLEAN FOR AT LEAST A WEEK and respond back to us to see how you feel about those ppl!

My Aunt from New Orleans who live there all her life, Do not want to live back there.

We family members are gonna help her get back on her feet...

I feel bad for the other people in New Orleans, I don't know if they have family members that will help them.

My Aunt is 65 years old... and she did a good thing, evaluated.
But I don't know if Insurance Companies will help her. She might wanna live in Memphis for now.

I want to rebuild New Orleans to keep the Memory of Mardi Gras going and History of New orleans and french quater etc.

Oakley_04 said:
I want to rebuild New Orleans to keep the Memory of Mardi Gras going and History of New orleans and french quater etc.
yup! i agree with u.. when i was senior trip there, there was so beautiful place!!! i missed that... i hope that they can rebulid for that..

Where should I vote because none of vote I can vote to...

I beleive it would improve and repair but it would never the same as before. I know those situation are almost similar as in North & East Germany, too in few years ago. Flood are everywhere in East Germany but it take months to get it back normal but it´s not the same as before. It´s also example about WWI and WWII, too...

Check interesting link

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110007191

I used to live in Kenner, a NO suburb. It's gone now. My childhood home ~ destroyed by the flood waters.....now Kenner is in total anarchy according to news. So sad those poor people!!!!!!

Miss P, I highly doubt the insurance company is going to help your Gran cuz NO is designated a flood zone and people there understand that insurance companies do not cover a designated flood plain or zone. Some(very few, I suspect) might have gotten flood insurance or something equivalent from the government.

As for your opinion of what to do with New Orleans, it is plain you have no sense or appreciation of history nor empathy with NO and it's people.

New Orleans will be rebuilt. After all its a 200+ year-old city founded by the French settlers. The traditions of NO especially the French Quarter will endure 100 years after Katrina.

However they have to improve the levees so they can withstand another Katrina along with better emergency preparation. The old levees were designed to withstand a Cat 3 hurricane.

New Orleans has been ours since 1803 when Thomas Jefferson and the young United States bought the Louisiana territory from the French.

:thumb: Although I have never been to New Orleans, I have seen pictures of this beautiful city, and I hope they will be able to rebuild New Orleans. I just hope they rebuild the levees that had broken that flooded this torn city. These poor people have lost everything they owned. All that they worked hard for, saved every penny for, gone.
I would like to see New Orleans rebuilt again, and I know it will take years of hard work just for the clean up. We all need to keep our hope and faith alive that these poor citizens that have suffered terrible losses will be able to return to their homeland someday.

Probably yeah. I never been there but one day yes. I have a friend's father live there but I am not sure which town. It is beautiful but in another way it look odd. I like it. One day I'll go down. I wanna go to Emeril's restaurant. I know he owns a few restaurants. Rebuilding again, it would take times.

We don't really have a choice whether to rebuild or not. New Orleans is far to important of a port area for the Gulf of Mexico just to forget about. We depend on New Orleans for transporting goods and also oil. It would be devastating to the areas of this country that depended on the port to not to rebuild. Just like any major city after a disaster: Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Berlin, London. They were all rebuilt, just like New Orleans will be. And if not, maybe we're not so resilient as we claim to be.

I voted Yes,

we had our flood in 2001 by mississippippi river.. the whole town were ruin and almost none.. but we rebuilt..
start over.. move on..

also, New Orleans is big city, they wouldnt bulldoze or flat out.. once city always city.. people will be starting over.. by piece and pieces...

It will be long progress for those people.. Bless them.. my heart goes out to them...

I found a truck (Valu Village) involve with Slavation Army donations.. I took all my stuff and clothes that I had garage sale last month.. and donated to them yesterday.. it was GREAT feelings..
think about this.. Maybe it's time for you guys clean out your garage & storage and see unused things and start donate them... makes your pride heart BIGGER!!

:ily:

Yes, I say yes! I know NO will build better and look alike French Quarter again. I am hoping that history contuine on....

also, Mississippi river destory part of STL and Daveport... others, i cant remmy what town.... they been working on them and now it look better and history contuine on... I felt that way with NO flooding because of LEEVES are break down and it is old, need new levees to protect from flooding.

otherwise, there is thousands are jobless and not afford to leave, just their feet. They need a help to get their feet back on. that is why we need to help them to find a place for them and NO need our help with building and other things..

that is lot of heart to help....

(yes, my aunt born there and my mom's family live there before.... I and dad touched there before.... it was nice place)

miss. P what the hell is ur problem and obsession with changing New Orleans?? huh? for the past week all ive been hearing from u is, new orleans is nothing but a sin city. christians need to go into new orleans and make it "holy" we should tear down new orleans and build something "better" and personally im getting sick and tired of hearing about ur ignorant and annoying suggestions about new orleans and what to do with new orleans.

yes we need to get new orleans back to the way it was before this hurricane. new orleans is basically a historical place, filled with fun and cajun food and cajun people. u argue the fact of mardi gras is being nothing but boobs and beer. yes that stuff does happen in mardi gras but if u ever watch episodes of Cops during mardi gras they are arresting people who show their private parts. so its not like its a nude fest free for all. its not supposed to be hey show me ur boobs ill give u some beads. thats what it has evolved into. but anyway, mardi gras is a parade, and party where people just relax and kick back.

in ur eyes, what u have shown to be, u feel that "all the good christians should go into new orleans and fix it and make it holy" well thats not being a good christians, that is being like a dictator. a good christian would want to rebuild new orleans the way it use to be, to fix it up. im sure there are A LOT of people who just want the old new orleans back. and i personally think u need to shut up about changing new orleans and making it more "christian friendly"

u need to keep ur crazy christian ways in ur own little good christian world.

(i understand there are good christians out there, no not ALL christians are crazy.)

Its too soon to be talking about rebuilding new orleans.. i mean common people those people who lived in new orlean just lost their homes, and everything else. they also may had lost their family or friends! and All some of you could think of is rebuilding. The people who live there need time to mourn for their lost.

darkangel8603 said:
Its too soon to be talking about rebuilding new orleans.. i mean common people those people who lived in new orlean just lost their homes, and everything else. they also may had lost their family or friends! and All some of you could think of is rebuilding. The people who live there need time to mourn for their lost.

I understand what ur saying, but they dont have the time right not to mourn. right now they are wanting food and water and a place to sleep. they aren't thinking about mourning right now. they are living in the same place they use the bathroom. i saw on the news a man's body. he jumped to his death because he couldn't take anymore of the tragedy. helicopters are trying to get people to hospitals, but are getting shot at by gangs. when helicopters bring in food and water they get about 3ft from the ground and drop it because they are afraid that people will shoot them down or chaos will happen. right now is not the time for mourning, right now is the time to regroup, get food and water to people and start rebuilding at least houses for people to stay in. then we can reflect and mourn.

I think they should not build house on coast. They should know better cuz it happened before and again and again in future. They will always have hurricane. My friend lost her home in 69 to camilla and it is there again. It costs us too much money, billion dollars. Unless they have better techologny of building something stronger for hurricane as we have here with earthquake zones. We have to follow code on what kind of house we build. I did not see this there. Poor prepare and they were in denied. This time they better not be so stupid building something weaker for next hurricane whether it is next one or 40 years from now.
Government there and our Washington are done poor job this week.

i don't think they should rebuild the city again. but at least have a port area there cuz its a main resources of getting supplies, sending supplies, and OIL.
and i've heard many of those people who had their home damaged.. refuse to go back to NO.. many of them decide to move to texas and start a new life there, move to mississippi and start a new life there.. many of them won't want to live in NO ever again. and whats more is that NO is below sea level.. a huge threat for the city.

Back