Realize no voice...

Voice off?...not for me...my boys/friends/family do know ASL (some just learned it), and they are all hearing (except for deaf friends)....I can see us deafies wanting more ASL with our families, that's good. But I would not go voice off when I can still use my voice and don't want to lose it. For deafies who have no voice (oral skills), I can see the point.

I understand Robin. But, when my identity *SO* strongly pulls me to Deaf how do I handle? My brain and throat and body is tired after a day of "Hearie" at work. I'm tired of it. I just want to come home and be *me* and /voice.

To complicate, talk to boyfriend about going /voice and he say that he *LOVES* my voice. Say to me that he thinks certain English words should be annuciated the way that *I* say them. I've *never* heard my voice clearly but I do know that when around family about month ago two siblings notice how my voice have change. It bother me. Don't want to talk anymore if noticable by own family how voice change. Feel embarrassed to speak now.

When I go out and I can't hear someone, I freeze like a deer in the headlights. I'm need to learn how to handle this better. Having pen and paper ready would help me.

It's quite liberating.

And matter of a fact!! I signed to the barista my order, and got it, sat down.

A few minutes later a lady approached me in sign... this lady is in her 2nd week of ASL 1 class! So we chatted briefly. It was cool.

She asked if we could meet and chat every once in a while. It was nice.

This happened just 5 minutes ago.

This would have never happened if I voiced or wrote my order.

:ty:

I feel, how do you say, skittish? about just *DOING* it! Uggh! Need to prepare. Have pen and paper on hand.

Problem is that it's *SO* convenient to every hearie I know, including son, to speak when question is asked. Too hard to sign but I also think maybe he learn fast, fast, if I do?

I feel, how do you say, skittish? about just *DOING* it! Uggh! Need to prepare. Have pen and paper on hand.

Problem is that it's *SO* convenient to every hearie I know, including son, to speak when question is asked. Too hard to sign but I also think maybe he learn fast, fast, if I do?

I think that's the whole problem, if you speak why do they need to learn sign. If you don't speak they have to learn. :)

I am curious your voice adjust itself voice depend your how feeling

maybe try soft!

Travis, do you voice? I have seen your asl, so graceful and beautiful.

I think I have been letting my voice off home life carry over at work. A student observed and relayed to me that I do not talk much. :)

Travis, do you voice? I have seen your asl, so graceful and beautiful.

I think I have been letting my voice off home life carry over at work. A student observed and relayed to me that I do not talk much. :)

yes I do easy voice to much skills oral I love on oral easy communication and asl I am lipread :)

Back