Real Reasons Why Men Dump their Gals

G

Gemtun

Guys, does any of this ring bells with you?

They sure have enough excuses - "I need more space," "I think we'd be better off as friends," - but what are the real reasons men leave their ladies? We get behind the old saw, "It's not you, it's me," to find out.

The Thrill is Gone

Oh, he won't admit it's the whole reason, but it may well be. When he starts feeling like he's seen your whole bag of sexual tricks, or you're not that mysterious, glamorous creature you were when you started dating, he starts getting the itch to get out. Some men get far too caught up in the fantasy thing. Once that mystery and enchantment is gone - oh, say, about the time you ask him to pick up some tampons for you at the store - he will be, too.

You've Changed

Shallow? Uh-huh, but it's true: if you've stopped taking care of your appearance once you've got him hooked, he'll use that as a reason to bail. (Incidentally, he's more likely to stick it out if he's let himself go, too).

You Tried to Change Him

It's practically a cliché by now, how women fall for the "bad boy" with the mistaken assumption that they can remake him into the man of their dreams. It's dangerous enough even to try. But if you actually succeed, you can start counting the minutes until he cuts the cord. In an effort to get back to being that free spirit he once was, he'll change his surroundings - starting with you.

He Can't Breathe

Sure, he loves attention, but if your adoration starts feeling suffocating, he'll bolt. Ditto if your union is marked with too many quarrels, too much jealousy, or your unabating need for his reassurance of how special you are, how solid your relationship is, and how much you can trust him.

You're Not His Ideal

He went into your relationship with an unrealistic idea of who you were and what kind of couple the two of you would be. Now that he's realized you're not perfect (!), he's going to look for someone who is. Wish him luck.

Meg said:
Guys, does any of this ring bells with you?

They sure have enough excuses - "I need more space," "I think we'd be better off as friends," - but what are the real reasons men leave their ladies? We get behind the old saw, "It's not you, it's me," to find out.

The Thrill is Gone

Oh, he won't admit it's the whole reason, but it may well be. When he starts feeling like he's seen your whole bag of sexual tricks, or you're not that mysterious, glamorous creature you were when you started dating, he starts getting the itch to get out. Some men get far too caught up in the fantasy thing. Once that mystery and enchantment is gone - oh, say, about the time you ask him to pick up some tampons for you at the store - he will be, too.

You've Changed

Shallow? Uh-huh, but it's true: if you've stopped taking care of your appearance once you've got him hooked, he'll use that as a reason to bail. (Incidentally, he's more likely to stick it out if he's let himself go, too).

You Tried to Change Him

It's practically a cliché by now, how women fall for the "bad boy" with the mistaken assumption that they can remake him into the man of their dreams. It's dangerous enough even to try. But if you actually succeed, you can start counting the minutes until he cuts the cord. In an effort to get back to being that free spirit he once was, he'll change his surroundings - starting with you.

He Can't Breathe

Sure, he loves attention, but if your adoration starts feeling suffocating, he'll bolt. Ditto if your union is marked with too many quarrels, too much jealousy, or your unabating need for his reassurance of how special you are, how solid your relationship is, and how much you can trust him.

You're Not His Ideal

He went into your relationship with an unrealistic idea of who you were and what kind of couple the two of you would be. Now that he's realized you're not perfect (!), he's going to look for someone who is. Wish him luck.

and ALSO BLAMES YOU for losing his friendship with another girl cuz she doesn't want to talk to him anymore!! SHEESH!!

what kind of excuse is this?? wimp? crybaby? any suggestions here?? id like to know please, DR MEGGIEPOO!! :ugh:

does this ring a bell meggiepoo!?

zesty said:
and ALSO BLAMES YOU for losing his friendship with another girl cuz she doesn't want to talk to him anymore!! SHEESH!!

what kind of excuse is this?? wimp? crybaby? any suggestions here?? id like to know please, DR MEGGIEPOO!! :ugh:

does this ring a bell meggiepoo!?

Sorry to burst your bubble but I am as much as clueless as you are LOL. I dont always have an answer. If I do, I would be writing books and bypass Dr. Laura ;)

Perhaps some guys can come to your assistance :)

deaflibrarian said:
I love this book "He's Just Not That Into You : The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys" by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. It explains exactly why men dump their gals. I only wish I had read this book much earlier!

i already have this book.. but it doesnt answer my question.. grrr

deaflibrarian said:
I love this book "He's Just Not That Into You : The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys" by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. It explains exactly why men dump their gals. I only wish I had read this book much earlier!

It provided some insights but the bottom line is that each guy SHOULD be honest with each woman about WHY he dumped her. I am tired of men making me think it is my OWN DARN FAULT if he dumped me. Hate this kind of reverse psychology so they can get on scotfree and move on fast.

Sound so true Megan.... :hug:

*shrug at some men*....

Meg said:
It provided some insights but the bottom line is that each guy SHOULD be honest with each woman about WHY he dumped her. I am tired of men making me think it is my OWN DARN FAULT if he dumped me. Hate this kind of reverse psychology so they can get on scotfree and move on fast.

and NOT ONLY THAT.. he gives her the SILENT TREATMENT AND SNUBS HER OFF.. then moves on without an explanation which is HEARTLESS and VERY IMMATURE!! .. it is not like we are gonna BOBBIT him off! :roll:

^Angel^ said:
Sound so true Megan.... :hug:

*shrug at some men*....

Thank God you dont have to deal with it. You finally found Prince Charming and you are damn blessed :) :hug:

MEN, MEN, MEN *SMH...now you see why I am not thrilled to look for a man...90% of men have an affair, onyl 10% of men don't...that statistics is too high that has an effect on me not to bother to look for a man...I would rather be single and be free...smile

Meg said:
Thank God you dont have to deal with it. You finally found Prince Charming and you are damn blessed :) :hug:

i know!! you are so lucky! :hug:

what about us!? we deserve nice men.. most are meanies and heartless.. :(

Meg said:
Yep thats right cos I am a meanie at times. I know and don't care LOL

yep thats you.. but NOT me.. you know me.. i such a SOFTIE.. and i can't help it.. :tears:

zesty said:
yep thats you.. but NOT me.. you know me.. i such a SOFTIE.. and i can't help it.. :tears:

Id be happy to do a boot camp for ya and other softies. Come on out here for 10 days boot camp so you will emerge out as Miss NoMore Softie. How's that? :hug:

Meg said:
Id be happy to do a boot camp for ya and other softies. Come on out here for 10 days boot camp so you will emerge out as Miss NoMore Softie. How's that? :hug:

care to tell us about boot camp?? and send us a procedure as well?? :giggle:

Meg said:

yea...right on I am not softie...hehe...I will be the Sgt of the boot camp...LOL

I am very straightforward person so I would tell them what I think of them but since I am one of 'good guys' so I tend to be end up suffer by women by left me or hurt me then left me either way. So I don't have any experiences to share about these comments but I want to reply to this:

Meg said:
You Tried to Change Him

I completely agree with that statement. That's what I tried to tell many women who complained about their boyfriends -- 'bad boys' but apparently that they didn't listen. Their losses *shrugs*

deaflibrarian said:
I commented on that book sometimes ago. That book is good but contains several holes in their 'theories'.

I cannot remember what I said... I definitely have to find where I posted at. I am not sure if it is at relationship community or political community. I will find it soon or later.

Last edited:
wisdomlady said:
yea...right on I am not softie...hehe...I will be the Sgt of the boot camp...LOL

you will make me CHOKE on my food for sure! :rofl: the others might be afraid of you but not me!! :nana:

Back